Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Lamar disrespect is INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That's probably wrong.

You should take a moment to try to list all the multi-time league MVPs who didn't make the Hall. It might take a while to verify, but I think you'll find the list itself is quite short: zero items long.

If Lamar were to play this season and then decide football is too hard and he wants to retire and smoke weed all day, then his career shape is kinda similar to Gale Sayers, who is IN.

And of course, he's got more seasons to play.
    — If Lamar wins a SB (esp if he's named SB MVP), then he'll be automatic.
    — If Lamar wins a third MVP award, that too will be automatic.

It might be informative to try to think up a scenario where he doesn't make the Hall.

Suppose Lamar plays 3 or 4 more seasons, and:

• His passing stats are all like in 2020:
    approx 185 yards per game, so ~2800 yards passing
    TDs in the low-to-mid 20s
    Mediocre to sub-par.
    • And he doesn't rush for a thousand yards in any of those seasons, he's around 700 yards.
    • Suppose further that Josh Allen is a juggernaut in those seasons, and he wins a SB or two.
    • And the voters start thinking Allen was robbed in 2023, that MVP award should have gone to him.

So we've got a long tail of mediocrity in Lamar's career from his age-27 season, he doesn't last into his 30s, coupled with a peer QB hitting the accelerator and forcing the voters to reassess him. Which reduces the perception of Lamar a little in comparison.

I think that kind of combination of events could keep Lamar out of the Hall. It's kind of a narrow path. He'd need NOT to perform like he did his last 4 reg-season starts: that level of play would be way too good. And it might not work anyway: the 2 MVPs might be too much to overcome.

Lamar still has to play the rest of his career, of course. But in most scenarios for how that goes, he'll probably get elected to the Hall of Fame. That second MVP award makes a big impact.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Show me a 2x MVP who is not a hall of famer, I’ll wait. Lamar could retire tomorrow and he’d be getting his gold jacket in 2029.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lamar needs to win a title. The same people who you are mad about disrespecting Lamar are the same people who vote for the Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    What is the argument for Burrow over Stafford? Stafford defeated Burrow head to head in the SB with a worse overall team

Burrow is the golden child. He has been throwing to the best trio of WRs in probably 2 decades and people ooh and ahh as if there aren't multiple QBs who could thrive in that situation, even with the bad o-line.

Burrow is one of the most overrated QBs imo. Not because I think he's bad, but because he's universally considered top 3. I myself simply can't put him above Mahomes, Lamar, or Allen right now and I'd seriously have to think hard putting him above a few other QBs also

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Burrow is the golden child. He has been throwing to the best trio of WRs in probably 2 decades and people ooh and ahh as if there aren't multiple QBs who could thrive in that situation, even with the bad o-line.

Burrow is one of the most overrated QBs imo. Not because I think he's bad, but because he's universally considered top 3. I myself simply can't put him above Mahomes, Lamar, or Allen right now and I'd seriously have to think hard putting him above a few other QBs also

Burrow is the last guy to beat Mahomes in a playoff game. He’s got that going for him. I like that we’ve been making him look pedestrian for the last two years.

Blog Entries

Seriously? This is like eating dogshit and then wondering why your breath smells.

You guys can say 2 time MVP all you want, we all watched the games, what Lamar did last year was not exactly remarkable. If you replace him with any of the top ten QBs they would have won the MVP because the Ravens as a team were fantastic during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    we all watched the games, what Lamar did last year was not exactly remarkable.
    He was pretty remarkable against the Niners & Dolphins.

You guys can say 2 time MVP all you want, we all watched the games, what Lamar did last year was not exactly remarkable. If you replace him with any of the top ten QBs they would have won the MVP because the Ravens as a team were fantastic during the regular season.
    I'd argue that we all watched the games, and what Lamar did was infact remarkable. That's EXACTLY what the MVP award signifies, and the voting was nearly unanimous.

I mean the guy was making phenomenal plays left and right, in high leverage situations, to win games. He is the main reason that the Ravens were so good. It's not like he got carried by a stacked squad.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    He was pretty remarkable against the Niners & Dolphins.
    Yes, those are 2 games. He was a qb who had a good season on a team that had a great record. That is now how you win the MVP now.

And yet these other QBs had far more appealing situations to impress and didn't

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    I'd argue that we all watched the games, and what Lamar did was infact remarkable. That's EXACTLY what the MVP award signifies, and the voting was nearly unanimous.

I mean the guy was making phenomenal plays left and right, in high leverage situations, to win games. He is the main reason that the Ravens were so good. It's not like he got carried by a stacked squad.
    Amazing to me that Lamar fans continually love to diminish every other person on the Ravens in order to prop up Lamar. I agree he should have been the MVP, but let's not act like he had some phenomenal season, other than the Ravens record and that was boosted by far more than just Lamar. We had the best coach in the NFL last season, we had a GM that made some great veteran moves, a defense that allowed the fewest points in the NFL, an organization that continually gets the most of the players.

Also the fact that you even try to say that he won in high leverage situations is laughable. Browns loss they scored the final 17 points. Colts game he couldn't close out a win. Rams game was closest thing I could find to a high leverage situation, and we won that game on a punt return/no call.

He was a great front runner like he has been most of his career. Trust me it is really nice in pressure games like against the Lions/49ers/Miami to just play great football and get a big lead. But one of the issues with Lamar is that he does so often come up small in high leverage situations, and this year was no different.