Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: "I said thanks but no thanks" to that science teacher

I can't say I blame Gore for the recount. It ultimately did not work out in his favor. While I voted for Bush, I honestly believe that the outcome was definitely tweaked in Bush's favor.

Gore wanted to be President. Statistically, he should have mopped the floor with Bush. He made the big mistake of distancing himself from one of the Country's most popular presidents in history. All Gore had to do was basically say "The good economy and policies that America has enjoyed for the past 8 years... I am going to keep that going". He screwed the pooch on that one.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

haven't got my electric car yet, lol. my hyundai will have to do. not that an electric car could be that bad. after all, if you own an suv these days you need to practically mortgage your house to fill it up

I despise SUVs.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

you're right about gore, dave. personally, he did nothing for me when he ran. he was trying to be so close to the center he practically crossed over to the right. and by trying to distance himself from clinton he made a huge mistake. kerry in 04 made mistakes when a good majority of voters were begging to vote against bush. they just needed a reason. kerry's mistake was not fighting back when the gop implied he was a wimp. by not taking the fight to bush, he reinforced the notion that maybe he was a wimp.

I can't believe I am agreeing with a dirty hippie democrat! I could lose my card for this.

watch out, next thing you know, you'll be listening to air america radio, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mavhimself View Post
    watch out, next thing you know, you'll be listening to air america radio, lol.
    I already do. "Know your enemy!" Actually, I listen to P.O.T.U.S 08 on XM Radio. Great coverage and you get both sides in one place.

i've tried doing the same thing with the gop but i can't make it through 5 minutes of hannity, rush, bill-o or ann coulter without wanting to stick my head in an oven, lol. i guess its the same way for republicans with keith olbermann, rachel maddow or al franken. oh well, to each his own i guess

I can tolerate maddow and to an even lesser degree, olberman. Franken is just an obnoxious tool.

watch out, that obnoxious tool could be the next u.s. representative from the state of minnesota! lol. he was running against R-norm coleman, although i haven't checked to see if he was still in the race. i think he still is. i know he quit air america to run.

my bad, he's running for senator from minnesota

Good for him. I can't stand the guy but if he can win, he clearly earned it.

Senator Smalley!