Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 242
  1. #49

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Why? Todd Monkenís offense has been mostly successful with pocket QBs. Lamar is arguably the first really dynamic quarterback Monken has had (at least as far as Iím aware).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How many times would you take Lamar out of a game for plays designed fir the back-up and how much time would you put in to develop plays not for Lamar?
    My opinion is that even the third team should mimic your first offense as it allows smooth transition when you bring up a certain player.
    I just don't see it a fit with what we have at the position already.





  2. #50

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well we have all of these discussions about how important Day Three picks are, but then when they're taken it's like, 'Well, it was just a Day Three pick'.
    Fucking hilarious is it not? lol

    Every pick matters

    This draft on paper the last half is very WTF were you thinking eric?





  3. #51

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well we have all of these discussions about how important Day Three picks are, but then when they're taken it's like, 'Well, it was just a Day Three pick'.
    it's fun to find the diamond in the rough





  4. #52

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Of course it happens. Shoot if the kid turns out to be a Geno Stone that's a big miss by the NFL. But do you want me to post all the picks where it didn't happen
    How is AT Perry doing? This board melted down last year with not drafting him, then when yíall are wrong not a word.





  5. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    61,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    How many times would you take Lamar out of a game for plays designed fir the back-up and how much time would you put in to develop plays not for Lamar?
    My opinion is that even the third team should mimic your first offense as it allows smooth transition when you bring up a certain player.
    I just don't see it a fit with what we have at the position already.
    Why would they take Lamar off the field at all?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  6. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Behind enemies lines Shitsburgh
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Welcome Leary , Wanted some Competition at QB for backup to LJ.

    Like the pick and vision they see with this pick.

    Solid player.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

    Twitter Bmore Finest





  7. #55

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Why would they take Lamar off the field at all?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. So why draft a backup QB that is far apart skillset wise to your MVP?





  8. #56

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well we have all of these discussions about how important Day Three picks are, but then when they're taken it's like, 'Well, it was just a Day Three pick'.
    Day 3 is important but EDC has earned the type of trust where if he says I need to go get this guy I say ok you're the best GM in the league and I trust you even if it wouldn't have been my pick. I'm also in a rotten mood because I'm very very sick right now I have napped through much of this draft





  9. #57

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This write up left out that he broke Phillip Rivers records at NCST and then had a shoulder injury before finally coming back to be the second most productive SEC QB last yeasr.

    Am I high, or am I hearing people here complaining that we wasted a pick to take a sixth round flyer on a potential 25 year old back up to replace our 37 year old back up....because he has no shot at being the starter at the X WR spot, or whatever fantasy they are petting?

    I swear, some people.
    "That's what."
    ó She





  10. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    61,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    Exactly. So why draft a backup QB that is far apart skillset wise to your MVP?
    I donít understand your argument.

    Heís a backup QB. At best, heís QB3 and might become QB2 down the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  11. #59

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    This write up left out that he broke Phillip Rivers records at NCST and then had a shoulder injury before finally coming back to be the second most productive SEC QB last yeasr.

    Am I high, or am I hearing people here complaining that we wasted a pick to take a sixth round flyer on a potential 25 year old back up to replace our 37 year old back up....because he has no shot at being the starter at the X WR spot, or whatever fantasy they are petting?

    I swear, some people.

    Point you are clearly missing is the other position groups of more importance that could have been drafted.


    So apparently Tee Martin had a lot of sway in this pick.


    You will be re visiting this pick soon when other players drafted after him are having a weekly impact on helping their team win.


    You act like they never draft or make bad choices.


    How are all those 4th round picks like Pepe Williams and JAD working out right now?





  12. #60

    Re: Welcome to Baltimore Devin Leary QB, UK

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I donít understand your argument.

    Heís a backup QB. At best, heís QB3 and might become QB2 down the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Lamar would get a bump and not play a game or two would you see this guy as a plug in replacement? And no need to adapt the game plan much if he's got to come in for a series or two? I really don't see how his skill set is something we want as a back up for Lamar even if he's closer to what Monken did or still does best





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->