Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome to Baltimore, Adisa Isaac, Edge, Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I am one of those fans. Pressure is good, no doubt, but sacks are better. Did the Ravens not lead the NFL in sacks in 2023? Didn't that contribute to our going to the AFCC game?

Versatility with productivity... Bc
    Real ravens fans like ourselves appreciated a guy like Courtney upshaw, if anyone wanted to know how to play the edge position well and balanced look no further than that guy. He wasnít a sack machine either but Upshaw did things that helped generated other good things consistently. Not just one game then disappeared for 8 games. He did these things consistently every game.

Blog Entries

Double J is another guy I look at as a gold standard at edge, who wasnít a tremendous sack machine even though he had no problem getting back there but he did a bit of everything right from the edge position consistently, game after game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Yes. That is a good article. Here is the PFF write up. It's clearly positive. By the way they had Chop Robinson listed below Isaac

https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2024

Isaac is a very solid edge prospect. First and foremost, he is a stout run defender, even at a low weight. His hand placement and leverage are consistent and effective when holding the line of scrimmage, which allows him to rip off blocks to make tackles after setting the edge. His hands are also active when rushing the passer. He loves the club-rip move, and he uses it consistently to turn the corner and get around blockers quickly. My biggest issue with him stems from concerns about his strength due to his lower weight. His burst and pursuit speed aren’t elite, but they are good enough for the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Double J is another guy I look at as a gold standard at edge, who wasnít a tremendous sack machine even though he had no problem getting back there but he did a bit of everything right from the edge position consistently, game after game.
    JJ is one of my favorite Ravens of all time. He was a bad mfer.

Wrong, we are tired of suck ass pass rushers and edge guys thatís what we are fixated onÖif you know you know what I am. See example Courtney upshaw, wasnít a sack machine by any mean but upshaw was a solid all around player who did a bit of everything very well. Thatís a real football player. We have no one on the roster even as good as upshaw in that role right now. Tell me Iím wrong.
    Funny when watching him he reminded me a little of Upshaw but he is much thinner and less stronger than Upshaw. He has long legs poerful looking lower body , but his upper body and frame looks kind of smallish for someone his size,

Upshaw was like 30lbs heavier.

If he pans out great, I would hope to be wrong I am just not not seeing the hype with this guy. The mock sim sites had him ranked in like the 40 range, Draftnetwork write up had him as day 3 pick.
    Concernas play strength (Which I pointed out after watching video of him)
    Awareness ,

Concerns remain about his inability to consistently generate push in one-on-one opportunities. Many of his sacks have come via stunts and simulated pressures to free his alleyway to the quarterback

If he is healthy he already is a plus over Ojabo who is never on the field so thats immediate upgrade

Double J is another guy I look at as a gold standard at edge, who wasn’t a tremendous sack machine even though he had no problem getting back there but he did a bit of everything right from the edge position consistently, game after game.
    There is a guy who has similar build to JJ in this draft, Look at DL Logan Lee Iowa I think

He looks like he could be an end on the DL, strong looking build but I dont think he is as tall as JJ was

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Funny when watching him he reminded me a little of Upshaw but he is much thinner and less stronger than Upshaw. He has long legs poerful looking lower body , but his upper body and frame looks kind of smallish for someone his size,

If he pans out great, I would hope to be wrong I am just not not seeing the hype with this guy. The mock sim sites had him ranked in like the 40 range, Draftnetwork write up had him as day 3 pick.
    Awareness ,

Concerns remain about his inability to consistently generate push in one-on-one opportunities. Many of his sacks have come via stunts and simulated pressures to free his alleyway to the quarterback

If he is healthy he already is a plus over Ojabo who is never on the field so thats immediate upgrade
    Thatís a the guy who really needs to step up! Fucking Ojabo man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    That’s a the guy who really needs to step up! Fucking Ojabo man.

I watched plenty of videos on Oweh, Ojabo and now Issac.

If they were all in the same draft, I am taking Ojabo. His moves looked better to me than either Oweh or Issac.

But the guy is never healthy and on the field. Issac i read tore his achilles back in 2001 or 2002. I hope that issue is nothing to linger

Ojabo seems to have lingering healthy problems.

Blog Entries

Awareness ,

I agree with you bro, outside of Micah Parsons none of these Penn state edge guys have worked out in recent times and we went back to that well when they are better pass rushers from Clemson, Georgia, Auburn maybe even Florida, just off the top of my head. Ravens are stuck on dumb with pass rushers now. Something they used to pick in their sleep. I donít care what anyone says if you canít get sacks you canít play edge successfully. Itís not just getting the sacks, itís about knowing that guy can get there every play; that Olineman has to bring his A game every play or they will need to give him help which in turn frees up other guys to win their matchups, so yea I like my edge guys to get sacks Öit helps other aspects of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Kruger had the rep of being the Ravens Wilt Chamberlain...and not because he was an accomplished hoops player!
    Womanizing? I could only imagine what it was like being a top womanizer for the ravens/orioles then Michael Phelps coming back with his gold medals.

Concerning Isaac the reports I read seem to vary. Everything from raw athlete to a sound edge player. How does he compliment Kyle Van Noy? Will he be starting over Oweh and Ojabo?

Here is a moving video about his family situation. Seems like we always get the guys who you root for on a personal level!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0JhH3...c2EgaXNhYWM%3D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    That’s a the guy who really needs to step up! Fucking Ojabo man.
    The double O’s are done here. I think we have seen enough to know neither are special.

Blog Entries

Awareness ,

I'm not a technicality guy, I am a simple man. Therefore, I look at productivity in college. So, as a senior @ Penn State (13 games) Isaac (6' 4" close to 250 lbs.) recorded 37 tackles (23 solo), 16 TFLs, 7.5 sacks, 1 FF, and 1 FR. You can dissect, examine, and dismiss his ability to bring "IT" due to any technical method you'd like, but I say (apparently the Ravens do too) this guy is a damn good football player... Bc