Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome to Baltimore, Adisa Isaac, Edge, Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Weird, didn’t he have like 13 sacks in the past 2 seasons? This guy isn’t Oweh.
    Mac, I agree. Isaac not only had multiple pressures, but 7.5 sacks in 2023, and 16 TFLs! Oweh was drafted because of his athleticism, not productivity. Isaac is (thankfully) not Oweh-like... Bc

Penn State huh……Hopefully more like Parsons and less like Oweh.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Have you watched his highlights ?

Alot of his sacks are just poor offensive protection.

He does not look very strong in my opinion. Some tackles just eat him up.

He does not have many moves that I saw. He just straight bull rushes

Does not look like he would be good in coverage at all, very stiff looking on change of direction
    Idk, I saw it differently. He looked explosive, violent, aggressive, and smart to me. I definitely saw more pass rushing moves than just a bull rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Idk, I saw it differently. He looked explosive, violent, aggressive, and smart to me. I definitely saw more pass rushing moves than just a bull rush.
    And he was killing those stunts they ran.
    "I don't care what you think unless it is about me."

"It is my duty now to completely drain you."

Blog Entries

Great another penn state “pass rusher” contested about this one at all there are much better pass rushers available

This like Rosengarten......a true "Ravens" pick. Not all Ravens picks pan out but when they do........they are huge contributors. Notice I didn't say they were highly successful in the NFL. Nope, the Ravens want "Ravens" players that fit their system........fit their culture. They can work with these guys.

Issac and Rosengarten fit this mold. Wiggins? I am actually a little more worried about Wiggins then the later picks. Why? He's young, he can go either way. My hope is he gets in this Ravens locker room and keeps his head down and just works. Doesn't let that round one pick go to his head. He's a great athlete......he has skills. Now what's between the ears? Wiggins is barely out of his "teen" years, nothing wrong with that other then he has a lot to learn. How does he take coaching? How much of his success was God given talent vs how hard did he work to acquire those skills. How much humility does he have? Maturity? I wish him nothing but the best.....

You say all rookies are like that, I disagree. The program you come out of matters, the position mentality matters.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Penn State huh……Hopefully more like Parsons and less like Oweh.
    Tweener. . In all seriousness he made a heck of a lot more plays than Chop Robinson. A good nose for the ball with relentless pursuit. A good run stuffer and netting 7.5 sacks shows he can get to the QB and finish the job. A big add to our OLB corps.

I was wanting one of the DT's cuz of the lack of edges but man they went flying off the board early. You can include WR's too. Good reason why Isaac fell right into our laps.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I say it a lot, but fans are overly fixated on sacks. Not that they aren't important, but that they are not the only thing that matters.... And in fact versatility is characteristic this team seems to covet.
    Right on queue...

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Great another penn state “pass rusher” contested about this one at all there are much better pass rushers available
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Right on queue...
    Wrong, we are tired of suck ass pass rushers and edge guys that’s what we are fixated on…if you know you know what I am. See example Courtney upshaw, wasn’t a sack machine by any mean but upshaw was a solid all around player who did a bit of everything very well. That’s a real football player. We have no one on the roster even as good as upshaw in that role right now. Tell me I’m wrong.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Shas
    I say it a lot, but fans are overly fixated on sacks. Not that they aren't important, but that they are not the only thing that matters.... And in fact versatility is characteristic this team seems to covet.
    I am one of those fans. Pressure is good, no doubt, but sacks are better. Did the Ravens not lead the NFL in sacks in 2023? Didn't that contribute to our going to the AFCC game?

Versatility with productivity... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    So we're gonna get Paul Kruger'd again!
    Kruger had the rep of being the Ravens Wilt Chamberlain...and not because he was an accomplished hoops player!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Wrong, we are tired of suck ass pass rushers and edge guys that’s what we are fixated on…if you know you know what I am. See example Courtney upshaw, wasn’t a sack machine by any mean but upshaw was a solid all around player who did a bit of everything very well. That’s a real football player. We have no one on the roster even as good as upshaw in that role right now. Tell me I’m wrong.
    Smoove

He's a third round pick. He's gonna have to get some seasoning. The book isn't written on this kid.

The only similarity to Oweh is the Nittany Lions jersey. They aren't the same style of rusher at all. Oweh won with speed and athleticism, which can't be taught. That's why he was a high pick, the coaches thought they could teach him how to play football better. Isaac is a much more complete rusher with some physical limitations. He has way more moves than Oweh did coming out (though Oweh has added many since getting here).

Isaac's problem is speed, weight, balance, and strength. You have to have some of those things to win in the NFL. They will bulk him up I'm sure. But this isn't Oweh who wins because he's so damn physically gifted. Isaac had to have a plan every rush. And he had a ton of sacks for Penn State!

Don't look at the Penn State school and write him off. He's got a long way to go, but there's a path to success here.