Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Baltimore, Adisa Isaac, Edge, Penn State

Here is what I wrote about him in my Edge Prospects Thread:

Adisa Isaac (Penn State): If there's an Edge guy that I want from Penn State, it's Adisa. Not Chop. When I watch Isaac, I don't necessarily see a first round guy (Like the Ravens, I usually have a harder scale for who I consider a first round pick). I don't see a guy who will eventually give you 15 sacks or anything like that. But I do see a second round guy with the potential to be a three down Edge guy who could be a run defender, drop into little zone coverages and maybe give you 8-10 sacks per season.

As a run defender, he does a good job of setting the edge, creating opportunities for his teammates to flow to the ball. He's also pretty good at reading RPOs. He guesses wrong at times, but for a prospect he's usually right more than he's wrong. When you see Penn State get gashed for yardage, it's rarely because Isaac did anything wrong. Honestly, often times he's not on the field for those plays. It's usually, because he's created the opportunity for a teammate to make a play and they weren't there.

As a pass rusher, he needs work, but you can see the potential. Good burst off the ball. Not quite the speed to consistently beat Tackles around the edge, but can win with speed or power. He needs to develop some more moves and hone the ones he has, but when you look at how much he does for the defense, it makes you feel like he's the sort of guy who would learn. I think he's more instinctual than Chop as well. No question. I feel like, if I put him in some of those short zones we used to put Jarret Johnson in, he'll at least know what to do and what to look for.
    I like Adisa and Darius, but they fill different roles for me. I like Adisa as a DE in a four man front. I think I'd prefer Darius as a DT in a four man front.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Welcome to Baltimore, Adisa Isaac, Edge, Penn State

I think it's a decent pick.

Unlike Oweh he actually has some good pass rushing moves but he doesn't look to be special in any facet of his game.

He'll blow up in year 4 and get paid somewhere else.

3. Re: Welcome to Baltimore, Adisa Isaac, Edge, Penn State

https://youtu.be/i0v6Y2Ls7iY?si=d432PePWRupKjrne

Penn State site's video scout of Isaac. Good watch -- more than just homerism and highlights. Goes over the good and the bad. For those Penn State/Ravens fans on the venn diagram, they do a good job with their analysis.

Blog Entries

Sword approves, so that is all I need. EDC knows what he is doing.

Blog Entries

Isaac (6' 4" 250 lbs) missed the 2021 season with injury, came back to a solid season in 2022, and raised it up in 2023 : 13 games, 37 tackles (23 solo), 7.5 sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR, and a whopping 16 TFLs. I believe he was expected to go much lower than #93. To me he's got Raven written all over him... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Isaac (6' 4" 250 lbs) missed the 2021 season with injury, came back to a solid season in 2022, and raised it up in 2023 : 13 games, 37 tackles (23 solo), 7.5 sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR, and a whopping 16 TFLs. I believe he was expected to go much lower than #93. To me he's got Raven written all over him... Bc
    Now BC, I am liking the guy more and more.

Blog Entries

I like Isaac more than the Oweh and Ojabo picks.

Isaac is still a raw player in some regard, but he was productive and impactful in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post

Unlike Oweh he actually has some good pass rushing moves but he doesn't look to be special in any facet of his game.

I could definitely see that happening. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Looks like a good pick.

Just did a little film review.

His highs are really high
    His lows aren't........awful.

So kinda what you'd expect from a 3rd round pick.

I think he does have a very high ceiling and a moderate floor, just based off of preliminary scouting anyway

Seemed like he and Dani Sutton outplayed Robinson this past year, despite his hype. Definitely happy with the pick.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post

So we're gonna get Paul Kruger'd again!