Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Based on the video clips of the draft room, pretty obvious they were all in on Rosengarten.
    From my understanding they were surprised he got so late.

Which is kind of terrifying because I know they didn't like Suamataia so what the hell was the plan if RR went before their pick lol.

The run on tackles in R1 made it clear they weren't going OT (they didn't like Guyton)
    Missing RR in R2 adn you likely have to reach or take someone you also don't like in Suamtaia.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Which is kind of terrifying because I know they didn't like Suamataia so what the hell was the plan if RR went before their pick lol.

The run on tackles in R1 made it clear they weren't going OT (they didn't like Guyton)
    Missing RR in R2 adn you likely have to reach or take someone you also don't like in Suamtaia.
    That's not their way. If they don't like the guy, they don't like the guy. If they had a 3rd round grade on Suamtaia, they weren't going to take him before that. If they had an "undraftable" on him for whatever reason, they wouldn't go back on that out of desperation.

They would have waited to take an OT later in the draft, and then had to use some capital in free agency, or even a trade, as a stop-gap. They seem to find castoffs late in the offseason.

I'm betting if RR wasn't there in round 2 they would have traded out for more picks, or gone somewhere like WR at that point.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    That's not their way. If they don't like the guy, they don't like the guy. If they had a 3rd round grade on Suamtaia, they weren't going to take him before that. If they had an "undraftable" on him for whatever reason, they wouldn't go back on that out of desperation.

They would have waited to take an OT later in the draft, and then had to use some capital in free agency, or even a trade, as a stop-gap. They seem to find castoffs late in the offseason.

I'm betting if RR wasn't there in round 2 they would have traded out for more picks, or gone somewhere like WR at that point.
    I agree, but I think you can get to a point where your hand is forced and htis was pushing it imho.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

If you listen to Harbs talking to Joe D in the latest wired, their plan was to go G and skip T if he wasnt there. it really was Rosengarden or bust, which puts that potential trade back into more question. Posters wouldnt have been happy, but sounds like they were good going last T at that tier or best G available. Not sure if another position would of leap frogged their best G, but similar to Tampa, who they said was in consideration in the 2nd if they didnt take Wiggins, need would have pushed that G up over them most likely. Im sure they had another draftable T at some point in the draft, but would have been much more developmental. maybe Suamataia falls into that category for them, but regardless didnt sound like he was in play at 62.

I think thats pretty telling how they feel about their first 4 picks that, even when filling needs they got a guy in 4 that they felt comfortable with in the 2nd if the board didnt fall the way it did. meaning we basically got 4 guys inside our top 64. we should be all be pretty happy knowing that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Can confirm they were super low on both Guyton and Suamataia.
    I wasn’t high on Guyton myself and even Shaslers and I both acknowledged that, while ‘we’ liked his upside, it still came down to that, because he needed a lot of work.

Blog Entries

It all says they liked and wanted Christian Haynes, but had Rosengarten rated higher. But since they figured he’d be gone, Haynes could have been the pick in that spot. But because Rosengarten fell, they took Rosengarten instead and were willing to lose out on Haynes, because they didn’t wanna trade up in the third.

It makes a lot of sense. If they were high on Guyton and Suamataia, but were high on Rosengarten, they’d likely be high on Haynes as well. Both of them are more technically gifted, pro ready OL with that rare mix of athleticism for outside zone, and tenacity. Rosengarten doesn’t play soft. He just needs to get stronger. Haynes is already there.

Blog Entries

If they were not* high on Guyton and Suamataia.

This thread turned into a whole different story that doesn’t really matter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    This thread turned into a whole different story that doesn’t really matter
    So RavenXbio, how did you feel about Nate Wiggins as a prospect, going into the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So RavenXbio, how did you feel about Nate Wiggins as a prospect, going into the draft?
    Honestly I think he is the perfect fit for todays nfl, I definitely think he needs to put on a few pounds but his speed and skill is exactly what we need to match up with the chiefs imo

Blog Entries

story on the draft video i posted

https://fanrecap.com/72_ravens-turn-...-nate-wiggins/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Anyone here could have written that. It's just fan fiction. It's not like there is any real insight. It's the exact same speculation as everyone brought up here in this thread.