Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: TikTok ban passes Senate

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How in the world is TikTok a threat to national security?

We need to take back power from the federal government, not give it more.
    Greg having a moment of clarity and yall are caught up being pro censorship lol

Hilarious how often y'all expose yourselves for not actually standing for what you say you do

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Iím mostly with Greg here.
    I think this bill, from how it reads from afar(have not read it) is aimed way off in the wrong direction.

Donít ban the platform, simply disallow the information sharing outside the country. Correct the actual problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Stop greg, you know the answer. You can try to downplay play it, but its there. And you are hiding behind a free speech defense that is not actually applicable.
    Hiding behind free speech? Okay. But fore-warned, I will always "hide" behind free speech.

But no, I don't know how TikTok is a threat to our national security. Well, that is unless morons with classified clearance are on TikTok. My kids are on TikTok (though I suspect my son uses it very little). The Chinese are not learning anything about our national security from them.

I was against this before I read anything from Rand Paul, but here is his take.

Excerpt
    ďWe should not let fear of communism cause us to ignore our First Amendment protections of free speech. This legislation would require our President to ban TikTok.

ďI ask the American people, do you want Joe Biden to be your censor? Do you want a president of either party to decide what you are allowed to say and hear? Who will you entrust to save you from your own eyes and ears?
    Rand Paul is a guy right almost every time.

Blog Entries

Hiding behind free speech? Okay. But fore-warned, I will always "hide" behind free speech.

But no, I don't know how TikTok is a threat to our national security. Well, that is unless morons with classified clearance are on TikTok. My kids are on TikTok (though I suspect my son uses it very little). The Chinese are not learning anything about our national security from them.

Excerpt

Well clearly you see the possible threat if you dont want people with classified clearance on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Looks like bandc and all these college aged miscreants protesting "spontaneously" will have to get their programming from another source in the near future.
    lol I donít even have tik tok. lol Iíve never even posted a tik tok link in here. This isnít fair lol

Well clearly you see the possible threat if you dont want people with classified clearance on it.
    LOL, well, then you just ban people with clearance from using it. DONE!

No reason to stop over 100 million Americans from using it.

Blog Entries

LOL, well, then you just ban people with clearance from using it. DONE!

No reason to stop over 100 million Americans from using it.
    Well you ssid you didnít see how it could be a security threat, so being concerned about classified data being mined shows you the mechanism. You see the mechanism and you admit the mechanism can cause security concerns,. Donít twist your argument that the goal of the bill is to take free speech away when the goal is to defend against that mechanism

Soon Americans will be having to use VPNs to access websites and currently state police are invading college campuses because they're thinking too much.

It's happening in front of your eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Well you ssid you didn’t see how it could be a security threat, so being concerned about classified data being mined shows you the mechanism. You see the mechanism and you admit the mechanism can cause security concerns,. Don’t twist your argument that the goal of the bill is to take free speech away when the goal is to defend against that mechanism
    It is not a security threat unless a person with clearance uses is, much like Facebook and many other apps. A lot of games people play on their phones are also security threats if a person with clearance put them on a phone that also has classified access.

TikTok is NOT a threat for 99% of Americans to use.

Phishing is likely a bigger threat because it isn't as obvious.

Seriously? Do you people understand the first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Any politician, even if you otherwise agree with them, that promotes laws censoring speech, SHOULD NEVER GET ANOTHER VOTE.

The first amendment says NO LAW. None, nada, zip, zero.
    Alright. So just to ensure we're on the same page. You would say the existing laws prohibiting foreign ownership of radio and broadcast television stations are bullshit then?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Excerpt

No, it's discord that the people with secrets are on.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    lol I donít even have tik tok. lol Iíve never even posted a tik tok link in here. This isnít fair lol

Well you better hurry then.