Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: TikTok ban passes Senate

[QUOTE=BustOfPallas;2670250]
    [\QUOTE]

Gonna need an example of when I was pro censorship lol

Also the bill says TikTok has to comply or be banned. Idk what more you need to understand

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Blog Entries

The initiative is really due to TikTok being an arm of the CCP and China using the data of millions of Americans for potentially malicious purposes. Most people do not read the terms and conditions of things like TikTok. It stipulates that installing the app on your mobile device subjects you to share data about your contacts stored on your phone, emails, text messages, browser cookies, etc.

What I'll be interested in is if this establishes precedence to go after Facebook/Meta and other social media platforms because, while not backed by the CCP, they're essentially doing the same thing.

The targeted algorithms of TikTok are also kind of ingenious (and nefarious A-F, lol).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The initiative is really due to TikTok being an arm of the CCP and China using the data of millions of Americans for potentially malicious purposes. Most people do not read the terms and conditions of things like TikTok. It stipulates that installing the app on your mobile device subjects you to share data about your contacts stored on your phone, emails, text messages, browser cookies, etc.

What I'll be interested in is if this establishes precedence to go after Facebook/Meta and other social media platforms because, while not backed by the CCP, they're essentially doing the same thing.

The targeted algorithms of TikTok are also kind of ingenious (and nefarious A-F, lol).
    This bill isnt setting precedent. Its already been done to grindr

TikTok is 60% owned by global investors

3 of the 5 seats on TikToks board are AMERICAN

20% of the app is owned by TikTok employees HQd in LOS ANGELES AND SINGAPORE

I believe in Devontez Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    TikTok is 60% owned by global investors

3 of the 5 seats on TikTok’s board are AMERICAN

20% of the app is owned by TikTok employees HQ’d in LOS ANGELES AND SINGAPORE

Tik Tok is owned by ByteDance a CCP company!!! Tik Tok is a subsidiary that answers to them.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    No, the United States is censoring Information they can't totally control. There's a difference.
    I don't know what you mean by that but no governments in this nation should be censoring anything, except in the case of children (sexual materials in schools, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Is it free speech when the content promoted seems to oddly align with China's positions on the issues, especially when compared to other similar sites?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Seriously? Do you people understand the first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Any politician, even if you otherwise agree with them, that promotes laws censoring speech, SHOULD NEVER GET ANOTHER VOTE.

The first amendment says NO LAW. None, nada, zip, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Could someone against this bill point out the language in it that is killing free speech?
    As I understand the law it gives the administration the ability to force sales of apps that are owned by certain people aligned with other governments or those governments.

This is done for the purpose of shutting down speech the administration doesn't like. If Elon Musk visits Moscow or Beijing can the Biden administration for him to sell Twitter/X?

Why does TikTok need to be sold?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    As I understand the law it gives the administration the ability to force sales of apps that are owned by certain people aligned with other governments or those governments.

This is done for the purpose of shutting down speech the administration doesn't like. If Elon Musk visits Moscow or Beijing can the Biden administration for him to sell Twitter/X?

Why does TikTok need to be sold?
    No,its done for the purpose of national security against a hostile regime.
    Now maybe its poorly crafted, maybe there are better wayd to protect the US, but it is not an assault on free speech.

Blog Entries

I don't know what you mean by that but no governments in this nation should be censoring anything, except in the case of children (sexual materials in schools, etc).
    What I meant was the only reason the Democrats are on board with getting rid of TikTok is they don't have full control of the content, like they do with Google, FB, You Tube and the pre Elon Twitter. I heard that there are many younger voters on TikTok complaining about the cost of things. Some are actually trusting their eyes over what they are being told. The left loved Elon Musk till they found out he was pro freedom of speech and bought Twitter. They quickly hated him. Hero to villain over night.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    No,its done for the purpose of national security against a hostile regime.
    Now maybe it’s poorly crafted, maybe there are better wayd to protect the US, but it is not an assault on free speech.
    How in the world is TikTok a threat to national security?

We need to take back power from the federal government, not give it more.

Blog Entries

How in the world is TikTok a threat to national security?

We need to take back power from the federal government, not give it more.
    Stop greg, you know the answer. You can try to downplay play it, but its there. And you are hiding behind a free speech defense that is not actually applicable.