Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 656667
Results 793 to 798 of 798

Thread: Trump Trials

  1. #793
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    25,320

    Re: Trump Trials

    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    First, I wasn't conflating anything, I never heard the Tomahawk story till you wrote about it. I simply Googled the name you gave, here's the link. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...lty-rcna123992
    Actually you were. But it's very understandable. Tthe sentence you were working off (which I copy/pasted from the Jan 6 report) was awkwardly written.

    Here's the original:
    Alex Kirk Harkrider from Carthage, Texas, and his co-defendant, Ryan Nichols, left guns in a parked car just outside the district before attending the rally. Harkrider still brought a tomahawk axe.

    Two dudes mentioned. Harkrider and Nichols left their guns in the car. The first guy Harkrider brought the tomahawk. You looked up the second guy, Nichols. I bolded the word tomahawk, and you found the guy whose full name was nearest that word. Reasonable.

    As of your link (November), Tomahawk guy hadn't gone to trial yet. I didn't know about the crowbar.


    By the way, was it Greg who said I'm an idiot for thinking any of the rioters wanted to hang Pelosi?
    This is from your link:

    Nichols said that the mob would lynch elected officials who voted to certify Joe Biden’s presidential victory.

    “This is the second f---ing revolution!” Nichols said. “Ryan Nichols said it, if you voted for f---ing treason we’re going to drag your f---ing a-- through the streets.”

    I got no reason not to take the rioters at their word.


    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    I haven't seen you once mention the farce that was called "Russian Collusion"
    I really am trying to hew near the Trump trials in this thread, Electric Vehicle excursions notwithstanding.

    Even this stuff is a digression to my mind, though since Trump is charged in DC court with some Jan 6 conduct, at least there's a tangential relationship.

    America lost the Trump impeachments several years ago, when senate Repubs quashed the evidence. I got no appetite for wallowing in that shameful period of senate history. There's an obvious straight line between their refusal to hold Trump accountable then, and their refusal now to acknowledge that the Jan 6 rioters were using violence to try to overturn the results of the lawful election. Repubs are dragging the American system of government and the rule of law straight down the toilet, and Dem turnout is really the only thing standing in their way.

    But! That's not what this thread is for. If you guys would stop trying to push the moronic narrative that the Jan 6 rioters were NOT using violence (and weapons!) to try to overturn the election, I wouldn't even see a need to talk about it here.

    I mean, shit: Greg is trying to say that tomahawks and crowbars and sharpened flagpoles and baseball bats and bludgeoning fire extinguishers and tasers aren't weapons. Come on!





  2. #794

    Re: Trump Trials

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Actually you were. But it's very understandable. Tthe sentence you were working off (which I copy/pasted from the Jan 6 report) was awkwardly written.

    Here's the original:
    Alex Kirk Harkrider from Carthage, Texas, and his co-defendant, Ryan Nichols, left guns in a parked car just outside the district before attending the rally. Harkrider still brought a tomahawk axe.

    Two dudes mentioned. Harkrider and Nichols left their guns in the car. The first guy Harkrider brought the tomahawk. You looked up the second guy, Nichols. I bolded the word tomahawk, and you found the guy whose full name was nearest that word. Reasonable.

    As of your link (November), Tomahawk guy hadn't gone to trial yet. I didn't know about the crowbar.


    By the way, was it Greg who said I'm an idiot for thinking any of the rioters wanted to hang Pelosi?
    This is from your link:

    Nichols said that the mob would lynch elected officials who voted to certify Joe Biden’s presidential victory.

    “This is the second f---ing revolution!” Nichols said. “Ryan Nichols said it, if you voted for f---ing treason we’re going to drag your f---ing a-- through the streets.”

    I got no reason not to take the rioters at their word.


    I really am trying to hew near the Trump trials in this thread, Electric Vehicle excursions notwithstanding.

    Even this stuff is a digression to my mind, though since Trump is charged in DC court with some Jan 6 conduct, at least there's a tangential relationship.

    America lost the Trump impeachments several years ago, when senate Repubs quashed the evidence. I got no appetite for wallowing in that shameful period of senate history. There's an obvious straight line between their refusal to hold Trump accountable then, and their refusal now to acknowledge that the Jan 6 rioters were using violence to try to overturn the results of the lawful election. Repubs are dragging the American system of government and the rule of law straight down the toilet, and Dem turnout is really the only thing standing in their way.

    But! That's not what this thread is for. If you guys would stop trying to push the moronic narrative that the Jan 6 rioters were NOT using violence (and weapons!) to try to overturn the election, I wouldn't even see a need to talk about it here.

    I mean, shit: Greg is trying to say that tomahawks and crowbars and sharpened flagpoles and baseball bats and bludgeoning fire extinguishers and tasers aren't weapons. Come on!
    You think the “Repubs” are dragging down the American system of government and the rule of law? Umm, have you been following the FBI for the last 8 years? Talk about bringing down the American system of government and rule of law. The funny thing is that they don’t even try to hide it. We have the most corrupt national police force since the Gestapo and you’re ok with it because it benefits your side.





  3. #795

    Re: Trump Trials

    So it turns out Aileen Cannon was asked to recuse herself and didn't

    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/20/u...documents.html

    Hopefully we can stop the nonsense with Merchan now

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker





  4. #796
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    14,054

    Re: Trump Trials

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    So it turns out Aileen Cannon was asked to recuse herself and didn't

    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/20/u...documents.html

    Hopefully we can stop the nonsense with Merchan now

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Did she donate to Trump and pro-Trump or anti-Biden pacs? Does she have a family member raking in 9 figures from anti-Biden people?

    Is there a particular ruling you take contention with, and why?





  5. #797
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,503
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump Trials

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Did she donate to Trump and pro-Trump or anti-Biden pacs? Does she have a family member raking in 9 figures from anti-Biden people?

    Is there a particular ruling you take contention with, and why?
    So a whole long article and not one legal/judicial reason was given on why she should recuse.





  6. Re: Trump Trials

    Jack Smith's 'Shocking Display of Disregard for the Constitution'

    https://www.declassified.live/p/jack...y-of-disregard





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->