Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Which Player Do You Hope Falls to the Ravens in the Draft?

I have a list of seven players, I'm having a difficult time picking one.

I'll name someone that hasn't been mentioned yet in this case - Terrion Arnold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I have a list of seven players, I'm having a difficult time picking one.

I'll name someone that hasn't been mentioned yet in this case - Terrion Arnold.
    Interesting. Care to explain? I've always respected your opinion on draft picks so I'm genuinely curious to hear about your thought process with this one. I have not watched Arnold on tape yet, as I'm finishing up the 'Edge prospects' Thread, and haven't gotten to the CBs yet.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Fashanu, he shouldn't have fallen, but Hamilton shouldn't have either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Interesting. Care to explain? I've always respected your opinion on draft picks so I'm genuinely curious to hear about your thought process with this one. I have not watched Arnold on tape yet, as I'm finishing up the 'Edge prospects' Thread, and haven't gotten to the CBs yet.
    Arnold isn't perfect but everything he does in zone looks like it can be cleaned up. He's physical and good in run support; something the Ravens want, which for example makes Nate Wiggins a poor fit. When he diagnoses a play - and he does quite often - he is very quick to the ball. Not the fastest guy but he outplays his measurables.

For the record, I don't think there is a Sauce Gardner / Devon Witherspoon in this class. The Ravens however are drafting 30. If Quinyon Mitchell or Terrion Arnold fall to 30 it's still good value.

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    If we don't get a least 2 plug and play OL,Lamar will have to change his moniker fro MVP to Run for Your Life Jackson. Guyton
    Deep draft. There are probably starters in the 3rd and later rounds.

Dallas (the team) is without a doubt looking to move back from #24. They need mid-round picks. I would not hesitate to go for Fautanu if he fell that far.

Let's add a new name: Dominick Puni. He is likely to go in the mid 80s if not earlier. We are a little too far back at #93. He is more mobile than Cooper Beebe and very versatile. He would likely be a better Mekari, over time, and very valuable to us, also considering we will have to play 20, 21 games if we want to get to the Super Bowl.

I would not hesitate to spend a 4th to go get him.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Arnold isn't perfect but everything he does in zone looks like it can be cleaned up. He's physical and good in run support; something the Ravens want, which for example makes Nate Wiggins a poor fit. When he diagnoses a play - and he does quite often - he is very quick to the ball. Not the fastest guy but he outplays his measurables.

For the record, I don't think there is a Sauce Gardner / Devon Witherspoon in this class. The Ravens however are drafting 30. If Quinyon Mitchell or Terrion Arnold fall to 30 it's still good value.
    How do you feel Arnold compares to Mitchell as an overall prospect, and then how does he compare to Mitchell as a ‘fit for the Ravens’? In your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How do you feel Arnold compares to Mitchell as an overall prospect, and then how does he compare to Mitchell as a ‘fit for the Ravens’? In your opinion.
    Tough question. I don't think one is particularly ahead of the other.

You know I put a lot more weight on how prospects do against strong competition - I don't care much about what a guy does against Whatsamatta U. I'm not good enough, nor plugged in enough, to have more information than what we can cobble together on tape.

Arnold played tough competition all the time at Alabama, but had a lot of help, like his CB bookend Kool-Aid McKinstry. Isolating him against his assignments however, I liked what I saw for the most part.

Mitchell played Ohio St one time in 2022 and got beat by Marvin Harrison Jr. and Jaxon Smith-Njigba. Over a year later, he took over Senior Bowl week. He probably has the higher ceiling; after all he did run a 4.33 to Arnold's 4.50.

Both of them look like fits for the Ravens culture.

Really though, I'd prefer the team get studs at OL early and draft somebody like Renardo Green later. It's just that you don't know how the rest of the draft will play out as the board falls into place in Round 1... so for this exercise I'm not considering later rounds.

Joe Alt

Rome Odunze

Cool Re: Which Player Do You Hope Falls to the Ravens in the Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    I like Amarius Mims
    THIS^^^

A lot of people on this forum think he will already be available at 30. I do not!

If not him then Thomas from LSU would be my second choice!

First round...Mims or DeJean.

Second...Legette or Pearsall.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    First round...Mims or DeJean.

Second...Legette or Pearsall.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore