Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Go CAPS!!

Blog Entries

Re: Let's Go CAPS!!

Rempe scoring the first goal, Section 120 in shambles 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I am from Buffalo (fucking city is cursed like Cleveland, just nicer), and I am still pulling for the Caps. It was glorious when I first moved out here to Sacramento. You'd think they'd be Sharks fans, but no, their were a million Golden Knights fans (bandwagon). I told all of them that when ALL the Cup games get played, the Caps are going to kick their asses, and they did.
    Go Knights Go! They are a "movement" here in the Las Vegas area and rule the sports world locally.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I despise the Knights more than any team in hockey. I hope they get ousted in a first round sweep and no gmaes are close, but I doubt that happens against either the Stars or the Oilers (but it could).
    Sorry to hear but they are getting two key players back (Mark Stone being one) and will be tough in the playoffs.

Knights fans are definitely bandwagon, they aren’t diehard. But they really do unite the city. Everyone has a knights sticker on their car, there are 100s of viewing parties across the city, you see the players at some local bars or on the golf course, and unlike the Raiders who already lost home field advantage, they manage to maintain a really great atmosphere for winning hockey.

The Caps are active in the D.C. area. They have events for their full and partial season ticket owners that are nice. We got some autographs and pictures and the players are very nice guys. The first one I went to I could not believe Ovie was just sitting in a chair waiting his turn to sign autographs. Wilson was great, we could either take a picture or have them sign an autograph and but my granddaughter wanted both. Wilson said I will do both for her. Of course, he is now her favorite player. Nothing like playoff hockey. Go Caps I like how the Ravens are in the community and I have been to a number of events they have for season ticket owners and had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    ...you see the players at some local bars or on the golf course, and unlike the Raiders who already lost home field advantage, they manage to maintain a really great atmosphere for winning hockey.
    I think that's just hockey players in general. They have always seemed way more accessible to the fans than other sports. Even the superstars.

Very true, in northern VA a decade ago there were a bunch of the Caps players that would close up bars with us on a regular basis, John Carlson was a great drinker.

Knights probably don't have the goalie to get far this year, but all of those block shots in this game was the first time since December they reminded me of last year's team.

I like the Rangers - Oilers in the Stanley Cup final after all teams have played at least one game. I like the speed the Oilers play with. They are fun to watch. Goalie is there only weak position. What do you think??

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 Says View Post
    I like the Rangers - Oilers in the Stanley Cup final after all teams have played at least one game. I like the speed the Oilers play with. They are fun to watch. Goalie is there only weak position. What do you think??
    It depends which team gets hot. I don't think you can overlook the 'Canes in the Eastern Conference. That is a never quit kind of team. Pretty fun to watch. As for the Western Conference, any team that has great goaltending in the playoffs has a shot, so Vancouver is for real now that Demko is back in the crease.

Good game. Hope Oshie is OK after the cheap shot by Panarin that the referees missed again. Sorry to see that Iorio was still hurt from the cheap shot that he took the last game. Wish I was going to the next game. Rock the Red on Friday night.

Best games had brawls in the warmups .... I was at the Binghamton dusters infamous game that inspired the movie Slap Shot It was a continuous brawl..... Even the coaches were fighting.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans