Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Let's Go CAPS!!

Blog Entries

Re: Let's Go CAPS!!

I don't know that the Rangers are going to maintain the physicality enough to outlast Florida thru 7 games. Rempe helps but it's a big size difference.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

PHEW come on baby! Was about as all in as I could be on a hockey game, bet that game big and put more money on the series prior to game 2

Blog Entries

Rangers stay perfect in OT so far this postseason and grabbed home ice back.

Could not believe the Rangers gave up the 2 goals in the 3rd period. But they came out in OT and scored. They look like they are the team to beat for Lord Stanley's Cup.
    I have to laugh the way ESPN and ABC follow Rempe even when he is on the bench. He plays 5 minutes a game and they act like he is a superstar. He never looks to play the puck he just runs around to try and hit somebody. By the time he hits somebody they have already passed the puck, so it does not change anything. He got laid out behind the net last game. That was good to see. The NHL wants the Rangers in the Finals for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 Says View Post
    The NHL wants the Rangers in the Finals for ratings.
    The NHL does a lousy job of promoting their sport. If they were interested in ratings, they would have showcased Connor McDavid/Leon Draisaitl and had Edmonton playing a prime time game on weekends, instead of dumping the Oilers in the 9:30/10:30 pm EDT slot every flippin' game against LA and Vancouver. I get it on a week night, but come on . . . you've got the best player in the world and you relegate him to the wasteland TV time, even when you don't have to do so.

Blog Entries

Rempe is going to cost them at some point because 120 is right he regularly skates himself out of plays to try to hit guys.

As far as NHL wanting Rangers, maybe. They have fallen behind the WNBA in viewership at the moment. Florida and Edmonton isnít going to help that.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The NHL does a lousy job of promoting their sport. If they were interested in ratings, they would have showcased Connor McDavid/Leon Draisaitl and had Edmonton playing a prime time game on weekends, instead of dumping the Oilers in the 9:30/10:30 pm EDT slot every flippin' game against LA and Vancouver. I get it on a week night, but come on . . . you've got the best player in the world and you relegate him to the wasteland TV time, even when you don't have to do so.
    Ain't that the truth - playoff ice hockey is a great watch but the national vibe is gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Ain't that the truth - playoff ice hockey is a great watch but the national vibe is gone.
    Gary Bettman has been a terrible Commissioner my entire adult life. He and the NHL are extremely, extremely lucky they had Ovechkin and Sid come in immediately after the lockout. And there is the problem...casual fans knew who Ovechkin and Sid were. You go ask a random casual sports fan today if they know who Leon Draisaitl or Adam Fox is and you'll probably get a "huh?". They are truly terrible at marketing their premier players compared to the other big leagues.

Like I mentioned in my last post - playoff hockey has managed to fall behind the WNBA regular season in ratings.

https://www.wthitv.com/news/caitlin-...b2541a6cf.html

btw not just the NHL that the WNBA is toying with. Sparks/Fever drew a bigger in arena crowd than any Lakers game this year.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 05-28-2024 at 08:12 AM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Good game between Rangers - Panthers. The Rangers stars are not shining on the big stage. The Panthers won early in OT. Looks like a 7 game series for them.
    Bird, you are right, the NHL has really missed the chance to show Connor on national TV. I like watching the PP with Connor-Leon-Hopkins passing the puck around and the other team chasing them. If the Oilers had a couple of defensemen and a goalie, they would be tough to beat. The Oilers remind me of the O's. A bunch of high number 1 picks (because the team was bad for so long) that can (score) but they did not invest in the other part of the game (defense/pitching).
    I would love to see the Caps sign Hopkins.

Blog Entries

<3 props
    back on twitter

Still think the Rangers win in 7!! Superstar Rempe played 2:43 tonight. Let's go Oilers!!!!

Blog Entries

Panarin and Mika have not played well this series. Also very annoying seeing the shot numbers and Igor regularly have to make 8-10 more saves than Bob. If the Rangers made it thru to win the Cup Igor would almost certainly be the Conn Smythe. Oh well. Win or go home now.