Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

Seems to me that for the first time...in a long time...the Ravens have a real life...real deal young Quarterback with tremendous upside.

Bazooka is tall and studly...be still my heart...we might actually get to see some offense from our favorite football team!

Notable exceptions include the savior (McNair -- Twilight), (Randall -- Twilight)...

GO RAVENS!!! HELL YEAH!

Re: Does Baltimore have a true NFL quarterback

We can keep our fingers crossed and hope Joe builds off a strong first game.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    Seems to me that for the first time...in a long time...the Ravens have a real life...real deal young Quarterback with tremendous upside.

Bazooka is tall and studly...be still my heart...we might actually get to see some offense from our favorite football team!

Notable exceptions include the savior (McNair -- Twilight), (Randall -- Twilight)...

GO RAVENS!!! HELL YEAH!
    Don't forget about Vinny!

I absolutely think the guy is for real. And, our new coaches have installed plays that our previous O-Line could not execute. Can you say SCREEN PASS??

And how bout that running touchdown? Gives the opposition something to think about hey?

And how bout that O-Line play. How long has it been since we've seen that? I thought going into the game today that our guy was going to get killed. Instead, they kept the D-line at bay and picked up the blitz pretty well.

I for one think (at least I'm hoping huh?) that our Blackbirds now have something to build on. GO GO GO GO GO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird
    IAnd how bout that O-Line play. How long has it been since we've seen that? I thought going into the game today that our guy was going to get killed. Instead, they kept the D-line at bay and picked up the blitz pretty well.
    That was actually the biggest surprise for me today, the performance of the O-Line, in both pass protection and run blocking. Part of it may have been that the Bengals defense is still terrible, but I found it very encouraging.

And although Flacco's numbers don't actually look that great, I think he played better than his stat line. He made a few bad passes but in general looked very poised for a guy making his first NFL start. I think we should keep him as the starter even when Troy finally gets better (whenever that may be).

I agree, he was much better then his stat line,a dn then when you consider it was his first ever regular season start and that he is a rookie... Bravo.

I think he's got it, and will be a success in this league in the long run.

He was much better than his stat line. Heap dropped a touchdown pass that was perfectly placed for him. Ray Rice dropped a pass that could have been a TD as well. He was sacked ZERO times.

He only made a couple bad throws. But he made NO bad decisions. Even his incomplete passes were at least in places the defense couldn't get it. No near picks, bounced passes, tipped at the line etc:

My only critique of him is that he does need to bring his throws down a little. Rice should have caught the ball in the middle in the 1st half, but he also had to pluck it out of the air. And he overthrew a wide-open receiver after scrambling into a dead spot in the pocket. But I think that's just a matter of watching the film and the coaches working on that. I expect that to go away in a couple weeks.

I came in not knowing what to expect. I left the stadium very impressed, and extremely hopeful that if the offensive line continues to do what it did today, I think we have our QB!!!

With that, I don't want to go too overboard. Next week we're on the road in Houston. There is no reason we can't beat Houston. This will be Flacco's first REAL test in the NFL. Go out on the road and beat a team you should beat.

Yes we def do. His stats do not show what he actually did out there (heap droping that TD) for a rookie making his first start in a game against a divisonal rival he played pretty damn good. I will now be buying my first ever off jersey #5
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Too early to tell, but I pray he stays healthy enough to find out!

1-0 Baltimore Ravens!! Flacco's Wackos ruling the roost!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

If you look at how far Flacco has progressed from the 1st preseason game to the first regular season game.Then I say in hushed reverent tones,that Baltimore has finally found a franchise QB we can grow old with.

Its not the stat lines or how many completions or yards.It is the composure and poise out on that field infront of 69,000+ Purple glad fans.I almost forgot he was a rookie.

And that TD run,wasn't in the style of Gale Sayers,but he saw and took an opportunity which spoke volumes for how far this young man has come.

Baltimore has been divided for soo long over QB loyalty.This young man should have us all in his corner for many,many years.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Slow down folks.

I want a franchise QB just as everyone else does. But we're not in a position to place the crown on Joe's head yet.

He had a GOOD game. He didnt mess it up, get in the way, fall over his feet, etc that we're used to seeing. Maybe thats why some are already trying to put the tag on him now.

It was a solid and exciting start. Nothing more.

Promising? Yes.
    Refreshing? Hell Yes.
    True NFL QB? TBD

I agree with HR on this. It is very early to tell. I think he has laid a great foundation to build on. Lets see how he progresses over the next few weeks. But the kid in me still gets giddy at the prospect of a big-time qb!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!