Talking The Wildest Thing You've Done As A Ravens Fan

How much of a Ravens fanatic are you? The Sun is looking for stories of your devotion. Tell us the wildest thing you've done as a Ravens fan. Please e-mail us at sports@baltsun.com with your name, town and daytime phone number.
    I wanted to share with each of you a story that I submitted this morning. Would be great to hear some of your stories in the event The Sun doesn't select them...

I'm writing on behalf of a Ravens fanatic that I think you will deem one of a kind. She is a soon-to-be 70 year old woman who lives in Ocean City and makes her early morning trek west for every Ravens home game. During away games, she cheers on her favorite team at the home of her Ravens Roost 44, The Greene Turtle.

Ms. Marlyn dyes her short, curly white hair purple each Sunday and her Montego Bay home is a shrine to the Ravens. Recently she had surgery to replace a heart valve. Just days after this major surgery she insisted on watching the Ravens take on the Chiefs. The hospital staff obliged.

As she prepared to end her stay at St. Joseph's Hospital, her doctor encouraged Ms. Mar to set a goal to be back on her feet and up and about on her own. She picked New Year's Eve for two reasons: First, it will be her 70th birthday and secondly and clearly more important to Ms. Mar, she wants to be at M&T Bank Stadium for the Ravens' regular season finale against the Bills.

While this story may be inspiring and heart warming (no pun intended), it isn't the wildest story. But it does help to paint a picture about this slight woman's devotion to the Ravens -- a devotion clearly evident back on September 30, 2002.

On that day the Ravens hosted the Denver Broncos on Monday night. The Ravens entered the game winless and as underdogs against the then undefeated Broncos. The Ravens controlled the game almost throughout the contest and won 34-23.

However as the Broncos tried to mount a comeback, they were driving in the second half and they entered Ravens' territory. Brian Griese went back to pass and was pursued by Michael McCrary. The ball came loose and the Ravens recovered an apparent fumble. On the field there was confusion amongst the officials. Most in attendance believed that the Ravens would either take possession or that the officials would rule Griese down by contact and give McCrary a sack.

As the officials privately debated the call, little Ms. Mar screamed passionately at the striped-dress men. To her it was clearly a fumble and she vehemently stated her case. In fact her argument was so vigorous that her dentures dislodged and flew from her mouth like a mouthpiece after a vicious hit.

Ms. Mar went down on all fours and searched all around the stadium floor for her choppers. Once she located them, she poured some of her Coors Light on the dentures to clean them, popped them back in and continued to chastise the referee after he determined that the play was neither a fumble or a sack but an incomplete pass.

Those around Ms. Mar initially held back their laughter out of respect but at the end of the night, they witnessed an event that they will likely never see again and an upset win by the home town team on a memorable edition of Monday Night Football.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: The Wildest Thing You've Done As A Ravens Fan

I break-danced with my brother on the floor of the Club Level after Shannon Sharpe scored on thet 96-yard TD vs. Oakland in the AFC Championship game in January 2001. That was kind of out there for me, but hey - at that point we know we had a trip to the Super Bowl in the bag.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I break-danced with my brother on the floor of the Club Level after Shannon Sharpe scored on thet 96-yard TD vs. Oakland in the AFC Championship game in January 2001. That was kind of out there for me, but hey - at that point we know we had a trip to the Super Bowl in the bag.
    What an awesome day that was at the stadium just to watch the game. Everyone was going apeshit by the end. They had security out to prevent people from rushing an empty field, hahah.

I am writing due to my passion for the Purple Pain. I am Baltimore born, raised, and educated (Loyola College). For the last 4 seasons, my parents, sister and myself have had season tickets. For the last 3 years, I was a Baltimore resident, and never missed a home game in that time-span (including pre-season). However, in the Fall of 2005 I moved to Chicago. From the Fall of 2005 to present day, I have missed only 3 home games (one because I was on my honeymoon). In such a sports loving city as Chicago, it would not be easy to watch the game at a local pub in my AD jersey, so I decided I would go all out in order to be among the best fans in the NFL. Flying back and forth from Chicago to Baltimore has been challenging to say the least- especially with post-game tailgating and departing flights at 650 am in order to not miss any work here in Chicago. Co-workers here in Chicago swear I live in Baltimore still and just commute to Chicago to work Monday through Friday. All I can say is that it has been worth all the miles and early mornings to see this team transform itself over the last 18 months. I will be there on New Year's Eve and I am hoping for a first round Bye, for the team's benefit and also to save a little cash.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Damn, I can't believe I missed it. Must have looked like a couple of white guys in the middle of siezures.

I ran around an apartment complex wearing nothing but my leopard print boxers and a black Ray Lewis jersey after we won the SuperBowl.

At least until one of my friends leaned over the balcony and hollered, "Hey Darb, I thought you were going to get naked!". Then I ran around the apartment complex sans leopard print boxers.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

As for me, we had some family over during the Jax game in 2000 (I'm sure you all remember which ;)), and I was so amped that before the game winning drive, I leaned over and said "If the Ravens win this, I'm jumping in the pool, clothes and all". A few minutes later, Banks to Sharpe, and I was out in the pool soaked. I didn't need to watch the rest - I knew we'd won. Of course, I still ran back in and wrapped myself in a towel and watched, but I wouldn't be a Ravens fan otherwise!

It was hell week and the Squeelers in town in 2001. Things were interesting in the stands with a huge scuffle going on in the middle of 114, Kris Brown was lining up to kick a FG which he missed wide right, all of a sudden I felt like I got punched in the gut and looked down and there was a football. My husband retrieved the ball, stuck it in my backpack and then checked on me! As for SAFE, we told them we had no clue where it went.

I emailed in as well - on behalf of the UKR's and Celery!!!

Not holding my breath though.