Page 1 of 54 123 ... LastLast

2024 RSR Mock Draft - Discussion

Welcome to the 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion Thread

• Clock "officially" begins Monday 3/25 7 p.m.
    • Use the "Selections Thread" to place your picks when your turn comes up. Confirmed trades can also be mentioned there or here.
    • Use this "Discussion Thread" for everything else, primarily your reasons for your pick but also for anything else relevant to the draft, such as: publishing that you want to trade up or down, critiques, comments, player comps and evaluations. Jpgs and gifs of your picks are always welcomed and appreciated. So when you post your reasons for your pick, you can, if you have the extra 40 seconds, add a visual.
    • Read the mock draft rules
    • Spreadsheet - Track everything draft related: picks made, upcoming picks, available players, player positional pools and outside source rankings (several weeks old), in the 2024 Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing (viewing only. you can sort I think. use bottom tabs as needed.
      If something is incorrect use the whatsapp to let me know or post here. Shrubbs has editing privilege in the sheet. I could use someone else to help with it who isn't overly clumsy with sheets. Please.)

Rules:
    1. Duration: The objective is to complete a full 7-round mock. It takes between 2 and 3 weeks to complete. GMs are committing to this time frame.
    2. Trading: GMs may trade 2024 picks only. Trading future picks or current players is not permitted. For example, GMs are not permitted to trade for Brandon Aiyuk as part of a transaction. Post your completed trades here and in whatsapp ASAP so that we can update the spreadsheet. Trades should be reasonably close to the traditional JJ or Rich Hill chart values, but you are by no means bound to that. Anything within 10% of either chart value is acceptable. Exceeding that is also acceptable if the situation calls for it. GMs managing more than one team are not permitted to trade among their own teams.
    3. Draft Clock: For rounds 1-3, there will be a 3-hour window to make your pick or complete a trade. The clock will run daily between 9:00 am and 11:59 pm EDT. The clock pauses at midnight and resumes at 9:00 am without a reset. For example, if you go on the clock at 11:00 pm, the clock will pause after one hour at midnight and resume at 9:00 am, so that your pick is due by 11:00 am. At the administrators' discretion, rounds 4-7 can be reduced to a 2-hour window.
    4. Messaging: After you make a selection, use the Whatsapp to direct message (dm) the next GM OTC. You can also send a message on the RSR board, but those don't work well and many people don't check when their mailbox is full and their notices are turned off. Please turn your notifications on. This is why we use whatsapp. For notifications and private direct trade talks. It works better and is far more efficient.
    5. Notifying next GM up: Mandatory. And simple. If you don't do it, and I have to do it for you, then you won't be invited back next year. It helps to notify the GM on deck as well.
    6. Missed Picks: If you know that you will not be able to make your pick during your time window, please send me and Shrubbs a prioritized list of player names, so that we can place your pick for you. Try to include enough names to cover the number of teams in front of you. Without a list, if the clock runs out, your pick will be skipped and other GMs will proceed (just like in the NFL). When you eventually return, you can submit your skipped pick from the remaining pool of players.

2024 GM List:

NFC East:
    Eagles - Dcat
    Cowboys - RavensFanMania
    Giants - Wpob
    Commanders - jonboy

NFC North:
    Vikings - Ortizer
    Lions - Wpob
    Packers - RevBarnes
    Bears - Eastern Shore

NFC South:
    Buccaneers - Shrubbs
    Panthers - open
    Saints - GOTA
    Falcons - Eastern Shore

NFC West:
    49ers - WNC
    Rams - Darin
    Cardinals - WNC
    Seahawks - Marvin Humphrey

AFC East:
    Bills - ArgentinaRaven
    Dolphins - jonboy
    Patriots - HotInHere
    Jets - Dcat

AFC North:
    Bengals - Ortizer
    Ravens - Laxdad
    Steelers - HotInHere
    Browns - Shrubbs

AFC South:
    Jaguars - Mmcclend
    Titans - RWT
    Colts - Horus13
    Texans - Darin

AFC West:
    Chiefs - Laxdad
    Chargers - RWT
    Raiders - GreenGoblin
    Broncos - GOTA
    Last edited by Dcat; 03-25-2024 at 01:18 PM.

Re: 2024 RSR Mock Draft - Discussion

Somebody step up and take Carolina! You know you want to!

3. Re: 2024 RSR Mock Draft - Discussion

How about we just do a consensus pick for the panthers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    How about we just do a consensus pick for the panthers?
    Id rather someone use it as a second team. Someone said they were interested in Panthers as 2nd team if needed. I just don't remember who

5. Re: 2024 RSR Mock Draft - Discussion

Also there has been a trade.

The Chicago Bears trade the number one overall pick to the Washington Commanders.

The Commanders trade picks 2, 36,100 in exchange to move up one spot.

The Washington Commanders are on the clock.

It would have included something from next year if we could do that. Bears need more picks and a lot of help.

Adding the trade to the spreadsheet. I'm going to add a tab that lists all trades too.

Welcome to the draft!

The Washington Commodes will select:
    Caleb Williams, QB USC.

The DC area team wants to bring their hometown boy home. Josh Harris and Bob Myers want to make a splash, and a splash is exactly what they made. There was no second place, there was no losing. Washington got their man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's playing QB for the Bears now? This mock is already way out of the realm of possibility. Maybe they'll get their guy later in R1? We'll see.

Blog Entries

crazy how many people dislike Caleb... not sure why

anyway wow

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

10. Re: 2024 RSR Mock Draft - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Who's playing QB for the Bears now? This mock is already way out of the realm of possibility. Maybe they'll get their guy later in R1? We'll see.
    Isn’t that the point! We can’t go by the chalk

Bears don't have a QB? I guess there's a plan in there somewhere? Making the Jets look like Mensa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    crazy how many people dislike Caleb... not sure why

anyway wow
    It will normal out by the time we get to 5. I'm sad for Cards who get MHJ Jr in 99.8% of mock drafts out there. But not in this one. And I'm thinking that 1-4 on the real draft day will be pure chalk.