Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Does Ben Shapiro and the Daily Wire Support Free Speech?

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    What part of I DON’T CARE THAT THEY FIRED HER, don’t you understand???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then why this post?

Goodness gracious. For years I heard from this man that the principle of free speech would last eternal on his platform, yet as soon as someone speaks against his dear Zionism, they are let go. Interesting.
    You started the thread. What is the point?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Then why this post?

The point was to criticize a prominent jew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So owens can comment any way she likes but shapiro commenting is the problem? Her behavior was disgraceful. Thats like the harshest thing he said
    Depends on what her contract stipulated. I'm also not saying she shouldn't have been fired from Daily Wire. Frankly, I didn't think she was a good fit at the Daily Wire anyway. I was surprised she signed a contract with them.

The point is as an employer, you shouldn't publicly trash your employees if you don't like their behavior or what they say. Now, everyone who disagrees with Ben's POV is going to walk on eggshells and not be their authentic self at the Daily Wire for fear of getting shit on in the public sphere and, eventually, fired.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Meh.......that was nothing more then an Op-ed piece. Owens got fired for getting in a public pissing match with one of the bosses. Owens is outspoken on a lot of issues and the middle east issue is no different. This is another time where her words were used against her.......twisted. Owens said that genocide for any reason is wrong. That supposedly meant that Owens was being antisemitic, which I don't think she was. I think she is against Israel wiping out the Palestinians. This came down to Shapiro showing Owens who had the biggest balls.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Meh.......that was nothing more then an Op-ed piece. Owens got fired for getting in a public pissing match with one of the bosses. Owens is outspoken on a lot of issues and the middle east issue is no different. This is another time where her words were used against her.......twisted. Owens said that genocide for any reason is wrong. That supposedly meant that Owens was being antisemitic, which I don't think she was. I think she is against Israel wiping out the Palestinians. This came down to Shapiro showing Owens who had the biggest balls.
    Stop it. She absolutely was, and is hiding behind the ‘ im just asking questions’. Its why i posted that piece because it spells that out pretty well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Depends on what her contract stipulated. I'm also not saying she shouldn't have been fired from Daily Wire. Frankly, I didn't think she was a good fit at the Daily Wire anyway. I was surprised she signed a contract with them.

The point is as an employer, you shouldn't publicly trash your employees if you don't like their behavior or what they say. Now, everyone who disagrees with Ben's POV is going to walk on eggshells and not be their authentic self at the Daily Wire for fear of getting shit on in the public sphere and, eventually, fired.
    So, let your employees continue with disgraceful commentary? Gonna agree to disagree.

Blog Entries

So, let your employees continue with disgraceful commentary? Gonna agree to disagree.
    Stop putting words in my mouth - that's not what I said, and you know it.

Ben and his partners at DW could have pulled Candace Owens in, sat her down, and told her that her commentary was unacceptable and impacted DW's reputation. Then, they could have terminated her employment. He didn't have to trash her publicly. Also, the video of him trashing her was from some chucklehead in the audience. Ben didn't even know he was being recorded, most likely.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Does Ben Shapiro and the Daily Wire Support Free Speech?

The point was to criticize a prominent jew
    Anti-semitism is all the rage down here these days…

Because you keep saying legal standard yet her firing did not violate the legal standard
    Ok bro, you got it

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Then why this post?

You do understand that you can be a liar and law abiding citizen at the same time, right?

Stop it. She absolutely was, and is hiding behind the ‘ im just asking questions’. Its why i posted that piece because it spells that out pretty well.
    I know why you posted the piece......the piece was crap. The author was inserting her own opinion as to what and how Owens felt. I don't necessarily agree with Owens said, in fact I would be doing EXACTLY what Israel is doing. I wouldn't leave any stone upturned looking for HAMAS. What Israel is doing is protecting itself from what happened to ever happen again.

Now, Owens thinks their actions equate to genocide. I don't think that's to much of a stretch really, I wouldn't call it genocide but the IDF is going blitzkrieg to annihilate HAMAS. HAMAS brought this on the Palestinian people. I have asked it several times, what did HAMAS think would be the response to the music festival attack?

Owens mistake was to have a public back and forth with Shapiro, it wasn't the substance of what Owens said, I don't for one second believe Owens is antisemitic and I don't think Shapiro thinks she is either.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    You do understand that you can be a liar and law abiding citizen at the same time, right?

Yes, but what in the world does this have to do with our exchange?