Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Billick investing in NST

I saw in the sun today that Billick is becoming an investor and partner in WNST and Nester. I like the idea of a local sports radio but see it as a difficult venture.

Re: Billick investing in NST

I think it is a great idea. Billick is a media master and most of the local stations and media outlets suck big time.

I could not stand his offensive style, but I love his style on the mic. He is a very candid and funny guy with more knowledge than he knows what to do with.

He'll be doing a monthly radio show (1st Wed. of every month). And the main change at NST is a revamped website, which will be the local Baltimore version to ESPN.com. I think that's where Billicks $$$$ come in.

Blog Entries

Across the years, I've liked analysis by former coaches a lot more than many of the talking heads.
    Starting with Stramm, thought Vermeil was excellent, and I do listen when Jaws is speaking. (but then I remember Ditka so not 100%)
    I'm looking forward to hearing BB... and not just on the Ravens (which could be dicey at times). There is a lot of area that could be covered, from upcoming opponents to division rivals, to just game insights.
    BB in front of a mic is something I want to be checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    He'll be doing a monthly radio show (1st Wed. of every month). And the main change at NST is a revamped website, which will be the local Baltimore version to ESPN.com. I think that's where Billicks $$$$ come in.
    How about a must hear radio show with Brian Billick hosting none other than the man who knows more football than God.......none other than the football guru and legend (in his own mind at least) the only and only.............Mike Preston. Would that be great radio or what. It could end with BB telling Preston......"with all due respect...your not qualified."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    How about a must hear radio show with Brian Billick hosting none other than the man who knows more football than God.......none other than the football guru and legend (in his own mind at least) the only and only.............Mike Preston. Would that be great radio or what. It could end with BB telling Preston......"with all due respect...your not qualified."
    This would never happen. But I would pay to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    This would never happen. But I would pay to hear it.
    I am betting BB would do it...especially with Nestor the promoter behind it.....my quess low class Preston would have none of it. How about big Mike kicking Boller on the day he was having surgery this week. Classy Mike, classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    I am betting BB would do it...especially with Nestor the promoter behind it.....my quess low class Preston would have none of it. How about big Mike kicking Boller on the day he was having surgery this week. Classy Mike, classy.
    Preston would never do it, in a battle of wits with Billick it would be like the Nazi invasion of France. Deep down I think that's always been Mikey's problem with Billick, he's jealous of a intellectually superior and far more successful man.

This is a great move for Baltimore and WNST. I will be listening and looking forward to Coach Billick. His true talents lie with the media and I think you will see his popularity will grow nationwide once he gets a little experience in the broadcast booth. I think he is a first class individual who has planted deep roots here in Baltimore.

No way Preston would do it, not only because he lack of intelligence would be pointed out (as stated above), but he would get called out on all of his "insider" references that he has used over the years. I still get a kick out of him when he says he can see Boller's eyes on a reciever from the press box staring down recievers.

I think it is a great move for NST to bring credibility to the station that has it's share of idiots on air, excluding Haney and Long. It will bring in a lot more advertising dollars. Now all they need to do is get rid of Drew Forrestor, and replace the weekend guys with Tony L, and make the Ungers either start paying for pimping their sh!t hole restaurant or stop talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    Now all they need to do is get rid of Drew Forrestor, and replace the weekend guys with Tony L, and make the Ungers either start paying for pimping their sh!t hole restaurant or stop talking about it.
    #1 The Ungers are not funny.

#2 I think they are paying for their radio show. Just hunch

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    #1 The Ungers are not funny.

#2 I think they are paying for their radio show. Just hunch
    I listen to just about every crap sports talk show on the dial all day, almost every day, but you would have to pay me to listen to those clowns. I can not even take the last 2 minutes or two when I tune in to listen to the Bruce Cunningham show.