Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: NYC Officials Want New 'Survivor' Pulled

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin
    I don't get it. The television show (and by extension the network) is doing something controversial. I think we can all agree that they're not doing anything illegal... they're well within their rights to divide up their own game show however they'd like, and participation is strictly voluntary... any offended participants can choose not to play. So where's the issue here? If people want to see this show with this premise, they'll watch. If it offends them, they won't watch. And the ratings will determine the success of the decision. If only everything in life were so simple.

Rack this.

HBO used to be my refuge, but with the cancellation/wrapping up of quality shows like Deadwood and The Sopranos, even that is coming to and end.
    Slight aside here, but was anyone else a little disappointed with the last episode of Deadwood last night? I was all geared up for a big gun battle and hopefully the kicking of George Hearst's ass, but instead felt it was kind of anti-climactic.

Entourage rocks. Looking forward to another season of that.

"Reality" TV sucks. Personally I think the idea for Survivor is shitty, exploitative and appealing to the lowest common denominator, but main stream TV has been doing this for years so I wouldn't expect it to change now. I won't watch, but guarantee this show will continue to get high ratings and as long as people lap this crap up, networks would be stupid NOT to put out stuff as cheap to make and marketable as this.

anyone else a little disappointed with the last episode of Deadwood last night?
    YES! I knew Hearst wouldn't die as long as they kept it true to real life but I was hoping Bullock would beat the hell out of him and that Woo's "chinks" and the others would kill alot of his men.
    I Don't understand how they can just drop a show that is winning awards and has such high ratings.
    They are supposed to be doing 2 movies to tie everything up and bring it to a close but I havn't heard when that will be.

There was so much suspense throughout the episode, I felt a little let down also. I was praying Tolliver would shoot Hearst at the last second, but I knew he had chickened out as soon as he pointed his gun at the whore’s head. Like Dusty, I figured Hearst wouldn’t die. The writers have already said they won't contradict historical fact by killing characters based on real people before their time. That's why Al, Bullock, Utter, and Jane are safe, too.

When Milch wrote and filmed this episode, he fully expected to have a fourth season to finish the story. Hearst thinks Deadwood will become a company town, but Swearengen, Bullock, and everyone else obviously have different ideas. I believe that would have been the main story arc for season four, ending with the first fire that destroyed Deadwood.

Instead of 12 hours, now we only get 4 to wrap everything up.
    THE 2nd WAVE LOYAL™
    © 2007 DRayRaven Enterprises™. All rights reserved, patent pending.
    The contents of this post may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written consent
    of DRayRaven, ProFootball 24x7, the Baltimore Ravens, the National Football League, or related entities.

Are you kidding me! These executives are genius'. Look at how much talk this is getting already. Look at the audience they just added (and trust me, they didn't lose any 'cause they'll watch now to see what happens).

Add to their regular audience, pissed off politically correct a$$wipes, NAACPers, racist jerks, and folks with nothin' better to do. They'll all be watchin'.

Separate tribes by race? BRILLIANT!
    SS

Don't like it then don't watch it. I don't know what the big deal is. Again..PC out of control.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998