Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Your way-too-early reading of the draft tea leaves

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The guys who drafted Evan Neal are still running the show for Giants. It's not the same as Toney who was drafted by the group before. They dump Neal like that and they might as well hand in their resignation with it.
    They should. Neal is a bust and they signed Jones. Those two alone are fireable offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    My big question is will this coaching staff, with all the changes, be able to coach up the players like the last few seasons. We lost Mac, Weaver, and Wilson.
    I think in the end the odds are good that we trade back. Then again I am not EDC/FO and I don't know who's on their BPA list.
    Losing Mac hurt, but I'm confident that Orr is going to be even better. He loves this team aside from just getting a coaching shot.

There is of course the caveat that none of us know how the draft will fall.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

The guys who drafted Evan Neal are still running the show for Giants. It's not the same as Toney who was drafted by the group before. They dump Neal like that and they might as well hand in their resignation with it.
    Giants fans would flip him in a second, wouldn't they? You're closer to that team. Is the criticism justified? How did he go from elite...wasn't he the 8th pick to no one's surprise...to a bum so quickly?

Again, not following the Giants but I can recall some criticisms about him "over swinging" and losing balance, which as I understand it may have been the only issue flagged as a prospect. Is it just bad coaching?

I don't know if getting a second one in the same draft (30 is barely better than 39) is enough for the Giants to swallow their pride. A better deal may have been for the Ravens to sign someone like Geno Stone and trade him to the Giants.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Giants fans would flip him in a second, wouldn't they? You're closer to that team. Is the criticism justified? How did he go from elite...wasn't he the 8th pick to no one's surprise...to a bum so quickly?

Again, not following the Giants but I can recall some criticisms about him "over swinging" and losing balance, which as I understand it may have been the only issue flagged as a prospect. Is it just bad coaching?

I don't know if getting a second one in the same draft (30 is barely better than 39) is enough for the Giants to swallow their pride. A better deal may have been for the Ravens to sign someone like Geno Stone and trade him to the Giants.
    I read some stuff on Neal earlier. His problems seem to be coachable, like to wide of a kick-slide, high hands, etc...

A second rounder might be worth it if the Giants really are that stupid.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Going to have to see what we lose or gain in free agency to truly be able to nail down positions.

Sitting here now,

Offense

any position on the O line outside of center, WR, RB

Defense

OLB, CB, possibly d line / safety if they were to lose Mads and/or Stone. Don't think Williams is long for this team. Will probably take a late round iLB as well.

That is where I would say the needs mostly fall.

IMO, this coaching staff and FO knows football games are won in the trenches and can see our line is aging. I think two of the top 3 picks are used on Lineman.

And fuck no to Evan Neal. He's the one who basically called out all of the Giants fans and called them lowlifes because they are everyday people while he's an NFL athlete.

I don't want POS on the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I read some stuff on Neal earlier. His problems seem to be coachable, like to wide of a kick-slide, high hands, etc...

A second rounder might be worth it if the Giants really are that stupid.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sqL6v-9vFXo
    "That's what."
    — She

Neal has been utter dog shit his first two years. Too early for them to outright release him but don't be for certain he can't be had.

Better question would be why in the hell we would even want him with how he has played.

Neal has had a 44 and 39 PFF grade his first two years.

For context, that 39 this past year is almost 20 points less than our Olines lowest (Simpson). And at a position that could get Lamar killed? No fucking thank you.

Yep, that's one of the things they said needed fixing.
    ProFootballMock

Somehow Mims makes it to us.

I vote for Brian Thomas. Tall, athletic WR. After this fall season we only have Zay Flowers for sure in our WR pool