Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Rashod Bateman = Route God.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I’d rather trade Bateman and ...
    Why do you want him off the roster so bad?
    You're not getting anything back – Bate's trade value has got to be really low right now. 5th-rd pick, maybe?
    We'll get better play from him this year, than from anyone we'd get in return in any realistic trade scenario. .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    I know where you're at. The trust and chemistry that we don't see between Lamar and him is worrying, but we ain't getting Evans and not drafting a WR in the 1st.
    Given our draft record for WRs, I think Bateman is a good 3rd option for next year.
    My opinion of Bateman aside, I still have a feeling that Bateman will request a trade. Even if we don’t take one in the first, if we take one in the second, in this draft, that’s going to be a starter potential guy. He’s in the last year of his deal. He’s the second option at WR. If we run with 12 personnel as our base then he’s still going to end up the fourth option, and we’re entering a very good WR draft where the meat of it is in rounds 3-5. I could see DeCosta telling him they’re not exercising his fifth year option and I could see him asking for a trade and I could see DeCosta telling him to lay low and keep quiet and they’ll make it happen.

I also want to clarify for anyone reading that I don’t think Bateman is a terrible WR. When he was healthy, he did show a thing or two. I just think he’s an average-decent WR being overrated by a WR starved fanbase just because he’s a step up from what we’re accustomed to. I think we shouldn’t count on him to stay healthy and when he is, I just see an average-decent WR.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    My opinion of Bateman aside, I still have a feeling that Bateman will request a trade. Even if we don’t take one in the first, if we take one in the second, in this draft, that’s going to be a starter potential guy. He’s in the last year of his deal. He’s the second option at WR. If we run with 12 personnel as our base then he’s still going to end up the fourth option, and we’re entering a very good WR draft where the meat of it is in rounds 3-5. I could see DeCosta telling him they’re not exercising his fifth year option and I could see him asking for a trade and I could see DeCosta telling him to lay low and keep quiet and they’ll make it happen.

I also want to clarify for anyone reading that I don’t think Bateman is a terrible WR. When he was healthy, he did show a thing or two. I just think he’s an average-decent WR being overrated by a WR starved fanbase just because he’s a step up from what we’re accustomed to. I think we shouldn’t count on him to stay healthy and when he is, I just see an average-decent WR.
    Do you realize we can’t get average to decent for the money we are paying him or for the pick we could trade him for?

You are willing to actively make the team worse only because of your own personal vendetta against a player, nothing more, nothing less…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Do you realize we can’t get average to decent for the money we are paying him or for the pick we could trade him for?

You are willing to actively make the team worse only because of your own personal vendetta against a player, nothing more, nothing less…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s Bateman’s fault Lamar didn’t play well in the AFCCG. That’s why he has to go.

**sarcasm**

Blog Entries

I don't think Rashod Bateman is a "bust." However, he has preformed way below what is expected from a 1st round draft choice. IMO who believes he is '5th year option' worthy, is living in a fool's world. Let him play out his 4th, at his initial contract, then sayonara... Bc