Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Caitlin Clark

Re: Caitlin Clark

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Well she has 4 gold medals for USA already and shes the only Center with enough height to dominate the international competition.

I didnt know you guys had such issues with meritocracy
    Grinner is a PoS. Sheís an entitled ,brat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Racism sells. Both the Reese and Clark camps are crying foul at how their star is being treated. It's stirring a level of interest that league has never seen.
    I don't know if it's racism. Reese and Clark should be good for the NBA regardless of the color of their skin. Clark could be the main focal point, if she's as good as advertised. Remember how the NBA became popular with Magic and Bird, but became must watch with Jordan. Then, once the GOAT retired, the NBA slid back to third place behind football and baseball.

As for the Olympics, the orginal Dream Team didn't take Shaq and he was clearly the best player out of that draft. Which, considering how loaded that class was is an accomplishment. Jamel Hill actually made a salient point on the subject, saying the WNBA rookies have to go from the grind of the college season straight to practice and the WNBA season. Any rookies would need to take some time away from the sport just to catch their breath.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I don't know if it's racism. Reese and Clark should be good for the NBA regardless of the color of their skin. Clark could be the main focal point, if she's as good as advertised. Remember how the NBA became popular with Magic and Bird, but became must watch with Jordan. Then, once the GOAT retired, the NBA slid back to third place behind football and baseball.

As for the Olympics, the orginal Dream Team didn't take Shaq and he was clearly the best player out of that draft. Which, considering how loaded that class was is an accomplishment. Jamel Hill actually made a salient point on the subject, saying the WNBA rookies have to go from the grind of the college season straight to practice and the WNBA season. Any rookies would need to take some time away from the sport just to catch their breath.
    In this comparison Juju Watkins will be MJ imo

Her skill level at 6-2 is ridiculous. Her freshman season was already so good

She put 51 on Stanford, as a freshman lol

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Blog Entries

This year's attendance is triple what it was last year.
    At Caitlyn clark games. There is a modest increase elsewhere, but the big driver of attendance in clark.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    At Caitlyn clark games. There is a modest increase elsewhere, but the big driver of attendance in clark.
    The top 9 attended games in the WNBA were Caitlin Clark games. Here are the numbers.
    https://x.com/friar_stan/status/1798...rds-ratings%2F
    4 more years pause

Racism sells. Both the Reese and Clark camps are crying foul at how their star is being treated. It's stirring a level of interest that league has never seen.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Itís crazy. I donít Iíve ever seen race and on field play conflated in any menís sport like this in my lifetime. Itís sad. The only time Iíve ever heard about it is when old folks talk about Bird and Magic

Maybe the whole "running qb" thing in the 2000s?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    So you guys wont be rooting for USA because Caitlin Clark didnt make it?

There are white players on team USA so why would White people not support?

Want them to win? Sure. Watch? No.

Won't watch men's either. Basketball is so boring to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The Caitlin Clark hatred is absurd. Sheís the Steph curry of the womenís basketball - transcending. And I think it was the race baiter of the year jemele hill who said itís just because shes white and no black girls get the same treatment (mightíve been wnba players too)Ö did Simone Biles and Serena Williams not?? Of course they did - they too were transcending athletes. Case closed

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    The Caitlin Clark hatred is absurd. Sheís the Steph curry of the womenís basketball - transcending. And I think it was the race baiter of the year jemele hill who said itís just because shes white and no black girls get the same treatment (mightíve been wnba players too)Ö did Simone Biles and Serena Williams not?? Of course they did - they too were transcending athletes. Case closed
    Sheís hated by racists, simple as that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    She’s hated by racists, simple as that.

Is Angel Reese hated by racists as well? Curious.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Not sure, maybe.

Havenít heard 10% the hate in general soÖ. Nor 10% the interest, once again, soÖ

But sure, itís feasible. That direction of racism still exists, if only dwarfed by the other direction.

Not in the WNBA. Regular life ..Iím sure sheís experienced some. Itís the opposite for Clark.

Itís really sad that the whole league canít recognize how much Clark will help them ALL. More viewers = more fans = more $$. For all.