Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Caitlin Clark

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Caitlin Clark

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Yeah, but I'm thinking back to the Ravens/49ers SB, where the Ravens could very well been flagged for a PI on 4th and goal, against Crabtree I believe, but the refs let them play and swallowed their whistles, fortunately. I'm not saying it was the wrong call against UConn, but that it was a tough way to lose,, especially after rallying back from a pretty substantial deficit. It's that white privilege, I guess.
    Holding was the more likely call, but Crabtree ran into the defender (Jimmy Smith?) and created the contact, and Smith "held" him briefly. The contact and "hold" screwed the timing. If Crabtree hadn't initiated the contact that is likely called.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Holding was the more likely call, but Crabtree ran into the defender (Jimmy Smith?) and created the contact, and Smith "held" him briefly. The contact and "hold" screwed the timing. If Crabtree hadn't initiated the contact that is likely called.
    Yep, but the Raven's were still fortunate cause we've seen the flag happy refs, call PI/holding on less contact especially as of late. On that play, the refs "let them play." It was a good no call and should be an obvious penalty when they do make a huge call to decide a game. I'll never forget Jim Harbaugh's now famous holding signal on the sideline, trying to get a flag thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It wasn't questionable, it was an illegal screen. People are complaining about the timing of the call a lot more than the call. The timing isn't on the officials, it's on the one committing the foul.
    I agree. Isaiah Likely clearly got pass interfered with truce in the 4th quarter against KC and neither was called because itís the 4th quarter in the playoffs. It was so dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk