Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caitlin Clark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Caitlin Clark

I have been watching some highlights and that young woman is amazing. She's pulling up from 10 feet beyond the 3pt line and draining them. She's crazy accurate. Great player.

What is all this kerfuffle surrounding her about in the news and on Twitter lately?

Seems like a bunch of angry black women jelly of how good she is and how much love she is getting. The crazy thing is Clark is a tide that is going to raise all boats. They need to put egos aside and support her. She's good for the game and good for the bottom line that is going to help all women b-ball players.

It's just so stupid.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Blog Entries

Re: Caitlin Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    I have been watching some highlights and that young woman is amazing. She's pulling up from 10 feet beyond the 3pt line and draining them. She's crazy accurate. Great player.

What is all this kerfuffle surrounding her about in the news and on Twitter lately?

Seems like a bunch of angry black women jelly of how good she is and how much love she is getting. The crazy thing is Clark is a tide that is going to raise all boats. They need to put egos aside and support her. She's good for the game and good for the bottom line that is going to help all women b-ball players.

It's just so stupid.
    Yeah, I have never followed women's sports, but after hearing all the hype, I happened to catch a little of her 2 weeks ago when Iowa played Maryland. She played pretty well in that game, nothing outstanding. Watched her play the 2nd half on SB Sunday, knowing she had a chance break the scoring record that day, but had a terrible 4th quarter where she barely shot the ball and was held scoreless. Then, I watched her next game highlights, video below, where she broke the record early with a 3 point bomb. She ended up with 49 points that game. She has amazing talent and like you said, is great for the women's game. Her quick release outside shot reminds me of Steph Curry, yet she can also handle the ball and drive to the basket. She has an all around game. A couple weeks ago, Sheryl Swoopes was trashing her, flat out lying about her accomplishments. Swoops said she's played 5 years (wrong, it's 4), shots per game 40, wrong, it's 19.7 shots, she's 25, wrong, she's 22. It has to be racial thing with her. What else could it be? Sad the world we live in. Jealousy is an ugly trait, lying is even worse. Here is the highlights of her record breaking game. Tell me she is not impressive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKGEaQCM7e8
    Last edited by CarrollCoRaven; 02-18-2024 at 09:45 PM.

Of course it’s racial….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Of course it’s racial….

And she's not a lesbian. The HORROR. Will the DEI WNBA league let her in and will they try and make life miserable for her there?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    And she's not a lesbian. The HORROR. Will the DEI WNBA league let her in and will they try and make life miserable for her there?
    lol the DEI WNBA? What does that even mean?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post

It means she doesn't fit in with the majority of the WNBA player's race or sexual orientation. She will be a unicorn in that league.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post

Lmao DEI WNBA , ridiculous.

DEI is a coded slur now. Just like they called Brandon Scott a "DEI Mayor"

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    PROUD DISABLED VETERAN DESPITE RSR HATRED

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post

DEI is short for how many boxes do you check. Most of the WNBA women, if that's what they still refer themselves as (but you have to check their pronouns on a daily basis), check 3 boxes, they are women, they are black, and they are lesbian. Check, check, and check.

I don't think it's a coded slur. Context matters. It is meant to be derogatory and due to the nature of the term "DEI" and the critical race theory it is derived from it is of course about race.

Calling the WNBA a DEI league makes no sense to me because there is nothing less DEI than professional sports. It's all merit based except in the case of maybe aging star that gets a contract and gets paid because they put fans in the seats but usually once you suck you're gone. A lot of the women in it are among the population that benefits from DEI practices but that doesn't get you a job in the WNBA.

Calling Brandon Scott DEI mayor makes no sense in the case of this ship accident because he is not a structural engineer, was not born when that bridge was designed and built and had zero to do with the accident. Zero.

Because the term was misused, to me at least, in both those instances you can fairly imply that it's use in those instances may constitute it's a coded slur.

However, in the case of Claudine Gay, a person that attained the most prestigious academic position in the US with mediocre scholarship and several known instances of plagiarism I think calling her a DEI hire is fair. It's a racial term. You can't separate that out. However when used in that context it's not a coded slur. It means exactly what it implies -> someone who attains a position or is rewarded based on race and not merit.

You can't really say "now it is a coded slur" and make the assertion that every use moving forward is the equivalent of the N-word. To me that's just Marxist word games/jujitsu and an attempt to control speech.

I understand you may not like it but calling someone a DEI hire is not always a coded slur. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

People are self interested and it is rational for people that are not among the populations that benefit from DEI to be hostile towards it because there is nothing in it for them but possible loss of opportunity at the hands of someone less deserving. You can call it racism if you like but I see it as rational and expected.

Caitlin Clark is the best Female Collegiate Athlete maybe of all time, she is absolutely beloved and adored. She gets talking about during the NBA All-star Event despite being still in college.

I have not seen her get any hate

What Caitlin Clark shows is what female athletes are capable of with proper investment. Finally we're seeing girls get the type of coaching and professional attention that the boys have been getting and the talent coming out now has never been better.

Title IX works.

Last edited by ShadeRaven; 02-19-2024 at 08:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Caitlin Clark is the best Female Collegiate Athlete maybe of all time, she is absolutely beloved and adored. She gets talking about during the NBA All-star Event despite being still in college.

I have not seen her get any hate

What Caitlin Clark shows is what female athletes are capable of with proper investment. Finally we're seeing girls get the type of coaching and professional attention that the boys have been getting and the talent coming out now has never been better.

Title IX works.

Sheryl Swoops is not on the Caitlin Clarke train. Nor will the majority of the WNBA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVwb4kZf-Ik

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Sheryl Swoops is not on the Caitlin Clarke train. Nor will the majority of the WNBA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVwb4kZf-Ik
    Sheryl Swoops is not even an active WNBA player, she does not speak for them. Where are you getting the idea that the Majority of the WNBA is against Caitlin Clark? She's about to the be #1 draft pick