Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 90
  1. #49

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I disagree with you. We are a republic and not a democracy for a number of reasons. One is to prevent the tyranny of the majority. Despite a consensus on an idea or law, if the people of one or more states wish to live differently than they should.

    If there is a consensus on a law in all 50 states let them individually pass that law regarding it and set punishments for breaking those laws. The people of FL have a perfect right to determine the laws of their land without input from NY and CA.
    I don't think we disagree. We both support federalism.

    When there's no national consensus the states are preeminent.

    But when there is a national consensus (and the subject is within federal jurisdiction) then the federal government gets to occupy the field. That's what our republican representatives do: act as our agents, exercising the law-making power we've delegated in the Constitution.

    Is that power sometimes siphoned up to the federal level too often and with detrimental effect? Yep. But that's problem of prudence not legal power.





  2. #50

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    What should the punishments be for citizens of states that have an abortion in another state?

    Should states track their women to ensure that doesnt happen?
    Easy.
    Watch the latest Neil Breen movie, Cade: The Tortured Crossing.





  3. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    14,054

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    What should the punishments be for citizens of states that have an abortion in another state?

    Should states track their women to ensure that doesnt happen?
    I wouldn't punish the woman at all. The abortiionist is who I would go after.

    Same with prostitution, if you want it illegal. Go after the pimps and johns.





  4. #52

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I wouldn't punish the woman at all. The abortiionist is who I would go after.

    Same with prostitution, if you want it illegal. Go after the pimps and johns.
    Well I'm surprised you wouldn't punish women who have to make a very tough decision I'm proud of you. That's very mature.

    States like Texas view it very differently

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker





  5. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    14,054

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Well I'm surprised you wouldn't punish women who have to make a very tough decision I'm proud of you. That's very mature.

    States like Texas view it very differently

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Well, in a lot of cases, especially early on before the lies of the left told women aborting a baby was cool, it was mostly men coercing and forcing abortions on women who didn't want them. I suspect if we had a balanced culture where pro-life demonstrators were treated the same as abortion pushers that would be the case. I bet deep-down a lot of women who have had abortions would change their minds given a level playing field.

    I think the mothers are victims.





  6. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    6,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well, in a lot of cases, especially early on before the lies of the left told women aborting a baby was cool, it was mostly men coercing and forcing abortions on women who didn't want them. I suspect if we had a balanced culture where pro-life demonstrators were treated the same as abortion pushers that would be the case. I bet deep-down a lot of women who have had abortions would change their minds given a level playing field.

    I think the mothers are victims.
    So this is what Hogan's opponent for the Senate seat, Angela Alsobrooks said when talking about abortion.
    “I don’t want my daughter to have to decide where to live in this country based on where she will have freedoms and rights that I had. And so this is so personal for me,” Alsobrooks said.

    Is it me or does it sound like Angela Alsobrooks, and for that matter, many Democrats and leftists treat abortion as their primary method of birth control, instead of using other methods like The Pill, condoms, diaphragms, sponges, cervical caps etc. I have no idea how old her daughter is, but shouldn't she be teaching, or have already taught her daughter responsibility, teach her to use other kind of birth control, and only consider abortion as a last resort, should the other method/methods fail. It's sad that so many people nowadays have become so irresponsible, especially parents.





  7. #55

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    So this is what Hogan's opponent for the Senate seat, Angela Alsobrooks said when talking about abortion.
    “I don’t want my daughter to have to decide where to live in this country based on where she will have freedoms and rights that I had. And so this is so personal for me,” Alsobrooks said.

    Is it me or does it sound like Angela Alsobrooks, and for that matter, many Democrats and leftists treat abortion as their primary method of birth control, instead of using other methods like The Pill, condoms, diaphragms, sponges, cervical caps etc. I have no idea how old her daughter is, but shouldn't she be teaching, or have already taught her daughter responsibility, teach her to use other kind of birth control, and only consider abortion as a last resort, should the other method/methods fail. It's sad that so many people nowadays have become so irresponsible, especially parents.
    Safe. Rare. And legal.

    People would be more inclined to support the "legal" part if the choice advocates would do more to promote the "rare" part.





  8. #56

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Safe. Rare. And legal.

    People would be more inclined to support the "legal" part if the choice advocates would do more to promote the "rare" part.
    I knew a girl in the Baltimore area that only started having kids because no one would perform her third abortion at age 20..,

    She was basically a serial killer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  9. Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    So this is what Hogan's opponent for the Senate seat, Angela Alsobrooks said when talking about abortion.
    “I don’t want my daughter to have to decide where to live in this country based on where she will have freedoms and rights that I had. And so this is so personal for me,” Alsobrooks said.

    Is it me or does it sound like Angela Alsobrooks, and for that matter, many Democrats and leftists treat abortion as their primary method of birth control, instead of using other methods like The Pill, condoms, diaphragms, sponges, cervical caps etc. I have no idea how old her daughter is, but shouldn't she be teaching, or have already taught her daughter responsibility, teach her to use other kind of birth control, and only consider abortion as a last resort, should the other method/methods fail. It's sad that so many people nowadays have become so irresponsible, especially parents.
    I think you left off another method. Occasional leg closure.





  10. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    6,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I think you left off another method. Occasional leg closure.
    Some of these, shall we say, larger protesters that we've seen probably can't do that, even if they wanted to, but I don't think they have anything to worry about.





  11. Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Some of these, shall we say, larger protesters that we've seen probably can't do that, even if they wanted to, but I don't think they have anything to worry about.
    Many have switched teams and for that we should be forever grateful, since that's yet another successful method. Yank 'em outta the gene pool.





  12. #60

    Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

    Would you guys accept stricter abortions in exchange for free Public school meals, child tax credits etc.

    Y'know so child poverty and hunger are not at the insane rates they are now. People might have the kids y'all want if they could feed and cloth them.

    Or do y'all believe that the foster care system is effective in creating functional adults and it will serve it's purpose in case of abortion ban?

    I will tell you the American foster care system is a nightmare and America falls really short on social programs for families and children.


    Is this a compromise y'all find acceptable or is raising taxes for hungry children unpalatable and socialism?

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->