Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Federal laws should reflect national consensus.

There is no national consensus on abortion.

As political matter, I'd say the above and then punt. Reversing Roe gave the Pro-Life side a chance to bargain. Declare that the bargain will happen at the state level for the next four (maybe six) years. Enough time for every federal office holder to have faced the voter at least once since Roe's reversal.

One the Roe/Dobbs have flushed the system, then put an abortion bill on the federal agenda. Or not.

But until then, the goal should be listen and persuade your neighbor. The goal shouldn't be to pass a contentious federal law that only 50.000001% of Americans agree with. Now's the time for understanding not legislating.
    I disagree with you. We are a republic and not a democracy for a number of reasons. One is to prevent the tyranny of the majority. Despite a consensus on an idea or law, if the people of one or more states wish to live differently than they should.

If there is a consensus on a law in all 50 states let them individually pass that law regarding it and set punishments for breaking those laws. The people of FL have a perfect right to determine the laws of their land without input from NY and CA.

So you disagree with a federal abortion ban?

Donald Trump said Wednesday he would not sign a national abortion ban if elected to the White House again, reversing a promise the former president made as a candidate in 2016

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/10/polit...ban/index.html
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post

Donald Trump said Wednesday he would not sign a national abortion ban if elected to the White House again, reversing a promise the former president made as a candidate in 2016

I would be torn as I abhor abortion and consider it murder of an innocent human being. But I am a big state's rights believer as well.

But I would be for an abortion ban for this reason. I believe we are killing innocent human beings and that is a federal concern; the protection of every human being in our borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I would be torn as I abhor abortion and consider it murder of an innocent human being. But I am a big state's rights believer as well.
    Hopefully freedom prevails ove the wants to impose your beliefs on the rest of america.

Hopefully freedom prevails ove the wants to impose your beliefs on the rest of america.
    I assume you do not believe we are free to kill innocent human beings.

Right?

And you are also trying to impose your beliefs on the rest of America. We do that every time we vote, advocate, and debate in forums like this.

[QUOTE=Greg;2681211]I assume you do not believe we are free to kill innocent human beings.

Right[QUOTE]

Oh how I genuinely wished that were the case.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Said smugly by someone that does little else but try and impose their beliefs on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh how I genuinely wished that were the case.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Well, we have laws against murdering most innocents here in America. But some are left unprotected, and even worse, many advocate and celebrate the killing of those that are the most innocent.

While I also am a big states right’s believer, I would support a federal ban on abortions performed after 20 weeks where the fetus is viable and the health of the mother is not in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well, we have laws against murdering most innocents here in America. But some are left unprotected, and even worse, many advocate and celebrate the killing of those that are the most innocent.
    The same ones that financially support and cheer on the rape and killing of women and children Jews.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The same ones that financially support and cheer on the rape and killing of women and children Jews.

Ironic isn't it?

What should the punishments be for citizens of states that have an abortion in another state?

Should states track their women to ensure that doesnt happen?