Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Larry Hogan to run for Senate to replace retiring U.S. Senator Ben Cardin

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I'm sure you meant pro choice. Has he ever said different?
    Yep, meant pro choice. I believe he was pro life I know he vetoed some extreme pro choice legislation when he was governor.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
    4 more years pause

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Yep, meant pro choice. I believe he was pro life I know he vetoed some extreme pro choice legislation when he was governor.

Yeah I'm not sure either lol but he might have been good up to a limit. Me personally I'm voting for him. He will still vote with Republicans most of the time where Alsobrooks won't and who cares if he bashes Trump once in a qwhile. A lot do and I know you have too. Also with him in there Mayorkas would have had a trial like he should have. So it's important.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    So a couple of days after Lockdown Larry secured the Republican nomination he comes out as saying he is pro life, courting Democrats. What a political slimeball he is. He lost my vote. I don't want a POS like him appearing on CNN and MSNBC, constantly trashing, and undermining everything Trump does for 4 years. The Republicans will be better off without him. I doubt he wins anyway.

It’s an interesting exercise. Like Greg says he will vote for certain republicans bills that may be needed. At the same time will those votes be enough to counter act what will inevitably happen? He will be the lefts darling republican, only to be seen on msnbc, cnn, the big 3 and will be constantly trashing trump. Really not sure of the answer. I struggled with this in 2018 in Nevada, somehow the republican senate nominee (Nevada has a history of horrible republican candidates when they nominate anyone that isn’t from the Laxalt family) was strongly against trump even though he would have been far to the right of Hogan. In the end I felt like if he was so anti trump he probably would just morph from rino to full out liberal after being in dc for a few years and left it blank.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The GOP needs to steal the abortion thunder from the left.

It's literally all the left has to stand on.
    Full Abortion Bans aren't even popular with the right that's why y'all have to lie about it.
    Project 2025 has said it plans to go after contraception but not overtly

I wonder how there is still room for "RINOs" in MAGAs world, maybe y'all aren't as strong as previously thought

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Full Abortion Bans aren't even popular with the right that's why y'all have to lie about it.
    Project 2025 has said it plans to go after contraception but not overtly

I wonder how there is still room for "RINOs" in MAGAs world, maybe y'all aren't as strong as previously thought

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Contraception bans are completely stupid.

The “non-religious right” like myself even believe in reasonable windows for abortion, gay marriage, legal drugs; and many other once liberal leanings….

Which is why it’s completely hilarious you attempt to paint Biden as a conservative…. Only in the context that the most liberal of leftists keep moving the left further and further and are pulling the center well into their side…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Contraception bans are completely stupid.

Then pay attention to the hertiage foundation and project 2025 as they are openly admitting to going after contraception covertly.

“Conservatives have to lead the way in restoring sex to its true purpose, & for…ending recreational sex & senseless use of birth control pills.” That is a direct quote from the Heritage Foundation’s X account on May 27, 2023.
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Then pay attention to the hertiage foundation and project 2025 as they are openly admitting to going after contraception covertly.

“Conservatives have to lead the way in restoring sex to its true purpose, & for…ending recreational sex & senseless use of birth control pills.” That is a direct quote from the Heritage Foundation’s X account on May 27, 2023.

What does that look like?

Persuasion?
    Tax incentives?
    Lock 'em up?

There are plenty of ways to lead.

Hedonism and licentiousness have their advocates too. But their advocates needn't be explicit because what they prescribe conforms to instincts, so their position is easily camouflaged as the default position. The question, of course, is which option(s) are best and can be sensibly realized.

By the way, what's before the ellipsis in the quote from The Heritage Foundation?
    Last edited by Forgettable1; 05-17-2024 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    It’s an interesting exercise. Like Greg says he will vote for certain republicans bills that may be needed. At the same time will those votes be enough to counter act what will inevitably happen? He will be the lefts darling republican, only to be seen on msnbc, cnn, the big 3 and will be constantly trashing trump. Really not sure of the answer. I struggled with this in 2018 in Nevada, somehow the republican senate nominee (Nevada has a history of horrible republican candidates when they nominate anyone that isn’t from the Laxalt family) was strongly against trump even though he would have been far to the right of Hogan. In the end I felt like if he was so anti trump he probably would just morph from rino to full out liberal after being in dc for a few years and left it blank.
    Politics is a team game with repeat players.
    Take small wins.
    Don't burn bridges.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure either lol but he might have been good up to a limit. Me personally I'm voting for him. He will still vote with Republicans most of the time where Alsobrooks won't and who cares if he bashes Trump once in a qwhile. A lot do and I know you have too. Also with him in there Mayorkas would have had a trial like he should have. So it's important.
    He wants it controlled by the Federal Government again. Here's what Lying Larry said.
    “I support restoring Roe as the law of the land,” Hogan said in an interview published Thursday. “I’ll continue to protect the rights of women to make their own reproductive choices just like I did as governor for eight years.”

The former two-term governor would not commit to supporting legislation that codifies into law the right to abortion when asked about the issue in March. He said he would not vote for a federal abortion ban, but he did not elaborate on how he would vote regarding legislation to codify Roe v. Wade, as specified in the 1973 Supreme Court decision.
    But he said in the latest interview that voters could trust him to protect abortion rights as a senator — a position that would put him at odds with most of his party.

“I think Marylanders know and trust that when I give them my word, I’m going to keep it, and I’ve protected these rights before,” he said. “And I’ll do it again in the Senate by supporting a bipartisan compromise to restore Roe as the law of the land.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ce/ar-BB1mwMKc

Yeah, everyone is supposed to trust him. He's a flipper. It's not even the abortion issue that sets me off on him. It's the guy himself who I don't like. Hogan suffers from a severe case of TDS and even RDS(Republican Derangement Syndrome). The man will vote against Trump on everything possible and will go against his own ad about building a wall. Has he ever appeared on Fox? He was a regular on CNN. Larry is not a team player. Larry loves Larry. I don't believe he has ever campaigned for another Republican At best, he gave out a few simple lazy endorsements. Big deal.

Blog Entries

I dont know squat about hogan, but thinking restoring roe is a bipartisan compromise is just batty.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I dont know squat about hogan, but thinking restoring roe is a bipartisan compromise is just batty.
    Leave it to the states. Federal solutions are almost never best. Some things have to be federally done, but how people live should be local, not federal. Why does Hogan want to determine life in MS or MO or WA?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Leave it to the states. Federal solutions are almost never best. Some things have to be federally done, but how people live should be local, not federal. Why does Hogan want to determine life in MS or MO or WA?
    Federal laws should reflect national consensus.

There is no national consensus on abortion.

As political matter, I'd say the above and then punt. Reversing Roe gave the Pro-Life side a chance to bargain. Declare that the bargain will happen at the state level for the next four (maybe six) years. Enough time for every federal office holder to have faced the voter at least once since Roe's reversal.

One the Roe/Dobbs have flushed the system, then put an abortion bill on the federal agenda. Or not.

But until then, the goal should be listen and persuade your neighbor. The goal shouldn't be to pass a contentious federal law that only 50.000001% of Americans agree with. Now's the time for understanding not legislating.