Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Now I'm a Purdy Fan After His Response

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Harbaugh didn't miss the playoffs 5 out of 6 seasons, either. It was 4 of 5 from 2013-17. Reid had a stretch from 2011-14 where he missed the playoffs 3 of 4 years.

Harbaugh has a .618 winning percentage in his first 16 years, with a playoff record of 12-10, one Super Bowl win (5th season).
    Reid had a .617 winning percentage in his first 16 years, with a playoff record of 10-10, one Super Bowl loss (6th season).

I am not suggesting that Harbaugh is as good as Andy Reid, but let's not pretend that Harbaugh is not a good coach.
    3-6 in the playoffs in 11 years does not suggest that Harbaugh is even a average Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRaven View Post
    3-6 in the playoffs in 11 years does not suggest that Harbaugh is even a average Head Coach.
    Harbaugh is good not great.

And good doesn't beat the greats. As Purdy and Shanny just found out like us.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

He is a good HC, not AR great but not that far away. He also does not work here any longer with this team and this QB. We need to man up and do what Philly did. It is time. The chips are stale. It happens. We just saw all the proof you need to see, and if LJ did nothing else, he has shined a spotlight on that fact.

Additionally Harbaugh's regular season record since the start of 2013 is under .500 when his starting quarterback isn't Lamar Jackson. Harbaugh is a decent head coach, but he's turned into Marty Schottenheimer the last decade.

The Ravens can make the playoffs, but they will end up losing in the most frustrating way possible involving curious coaching decisions.

Andy Reid is a brilliant offensive mind who needed the right QB to push them into the stratosphere.

Harbaugh has been carried by great players for damn near his whole tenure. When he didn't have anyone exceptional on the roster his ass was going to rightfully be shown the door.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post
    Andy Reid is a brilliant offensive mind who needed the right QB to push them into the stratosphere.

Harbaugh has been carried by great players for damn near his whole tenure. When he didn't have anyone exceptional on the roster his ass was going to rightfully be shown the door.
    It’s a difference in philosophy. Reid’s mindset is the passing game first. And when he gets a QB, from day one, his goal is to turn that player into the best passer in the league.

Harbaugh’s mindset is to run the ball, control the clock, limit mistakes and lean on his defense more than anything. Run the ball, stop the run, stop the pass, special teams. All come before the passing game on his priority list. And it’s the same for the organization and it’s been that way here since 98’

Harbaugh only really thinks of the passing game like our organization does. When every thing else is built ‘first’, if we’re ‘too’ one dimensional to seemingly get over the hump, they’ll make average improvements to the passing game.

Your QB isn’t going to become a Mahomes, or Manning, or Brees, in that environment, in that philosophy. No one here who had true aspirations of making their QB the best passer in football, would handle their QB that way once he’s drafted.

Mahomes was a great talent who ended up with the best possible coach for him. Because of Reid’s mindset, he was able to get the most out of the Alex Smith’s and Donavan McNabb’s of the world. QBs who we could all tell were good, but not great. So we all figured, ‘Imagine Reid with a top notch QB’. Well, that’s what we’re seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The Ravens can make the playoffs, but they will end up losing in the most frustrating way possible involving curious coaching decisions.
    Curious coaching decisions is a very polite way of stating most Ravens fans thoughts about the AFCCG coaching....

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Harbaugh only really thinks of the passing game like our organization does. When every thing else is built ‘first’, if we’re ‘too’ one dimensional to seemingly get over the hump, they’ll make average improvements to the passing game.
    I semi-agree with most of what you said except this statement. Ravens have tried to do everything to help the passing game. Two 1st round draft picks spent on WRs. Monken in, Roman out to get rid of pure running and provide Lamar a new offensive coach/scheme. OBJ. You stated when everything else is built first...that does not jive with the facts above....

Why 11 years? Seems like a nice round number? Or because you want to pick the subset that shows his worst record? 13 is a nice round number too, and then he is 7-6. Or how about just look at his career, where he is 12-10.
    "Chin up, chest out."

The NFL is a what have you done for me recently league.

Belicheck has a significantly better resume than Harbaugh and won a SB more recently, actually won THREE between Harbaughs last superbowl and he was still shown the door.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    The NFL is a what have you done for me recently league.

Belicheck has a significantly better resume than Harbaugh and won a SB more recently, actually won THREE between Harbaughs last superbowl and he was still shown the door.
    Harbaugh knows how to keep Bisciotti at ease while Belichick isn't going to kiss Robert Kraft's ass to keep him happy. If playoff success mattered more Harbaugh's job would be in danger, but as long as he keeps making the playoffs nothing is going to happen to him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I semi-agree with most of what you said except this statement. Ravens have tried to do everything to help the passing game. Two 1st round draft picks spent on WRs. Monken in, Roman out to get rid of pure running and provide Lamar a new offensive coach/scheme. OBJ. You stated when everything else is built first...that does not jive with the facts above....
    Our defense was built and our running game was built because our running game is Lamar. Then they did that, after a ton of failure trying it their way. And the passing game was still the compliment to the run. Not the other way around. OBJ hadn’t played in a year and a half. Lamar may have requested him, but he also requested Hopkins and if we’re going to say that Lamar wanted OBJ, he wanted Hopkins too and that would have been the far better WR. He outperformed all of our WRs other than Zay, while catching passes from worse QBs. There’s a reason Lamar asked for both. Hopkins was the boundary WR we still lack. So I expect Lamar to be pushing for that guy this off-season too.