Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    As you said that is 100% on the coaches for not being good enough to counter what the defense was showing them.

Like you said, "they never did bring in the heavy packages".

The play calling was shit before the game ever started
    The plays the coaches called gave the team plenty of opportunity to take a lead or win. Iím not so sure more called run plays would win us the game. I know less incomplete passes would keep us on schedule and moving the ball. A lot of the blame for that lands on Lamar. But, itís a team game. The biggest plays in terms of win percentage were the turnovers, Zay fumble and Lamarís pick. We eliminate those plays, who knows how that game ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    The plays the coaches called gave the team plenty of opportunity to take a lead or win. Iím not so sure more called run plays would win us the game. I know less incomplete passes would keep us on schedule and moving the ball. A lot of the blame for that lands on Lamar. But, itís a team game. The biggest plays in terms of win percentage were the turnovers, Zay fumble and Lamarís pick. We eliminate those plays, who knows how that game ends.
    We absolutely win without those two turnovers.
    We may have won if they played heavy and called more runs.

So Iím not sure how it can be placed any more than half at the feet of the coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Plenty of people had a hand in the loss, Flowers fumbling the ball losing 7 points did not help either.

So lets just factor out the percentages.

Flowers 10% =Fumble loss of a TD
    Lamar 10 % = missed plays where he could have scrambled

Harbaugh & Monken =80% for being complete morons and going air raid instead of running the ball against one of the worst run defenses in football.
    What about heaving the ball into triple coverage late in the 4th in the side the 20 thatís worth atleast 10 more percent. Canít blame monken or Harbaugh for that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

So I’m not sure how it can be placed any more than half at the feet of the coaches.

I still don’t think they win. Just look at the last drive where Mahomes needed first downs he kept picking them up. If he was behind and had 4 downs he doesn’t lose. He does exactly what he did in the superbowl in ot

5. Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

So I’m not sure how it can be placed any more than half at the feet of the coaches.

I agree with that......and probably 40% lays at the feet of Lamar and 10% on Flowers. The defense did their job.........point blank full stop. If anyone had told us that the Chiefs would only score 17 points before the game we would take that 100%.

My position on the running game is not that the Ravens could have had more success running the ball, it's the fact that running the ball or at least trying to establish a running game would help the passing game. The Chiefs figured out the game plan early and as the game went on their confidence on defense grew. Sometime in the 3rd quarter they knew Lamar wasn't going to put the team on his back, they knew the Ravens were going with the same game plan they had in the first half. That's on the coaches.

Lamar should have done what Lamar does best. He should have mixed RPO's in with the passing game.......changed it up and make the defense guess a little bit. The story is that OBJ was begging Jackson to just run the ball. If true he knew what had to be done.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

So hopefully when we get to the playoffs we finally get it right. Just let the King carry the rock and the D and ST do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    So hopefully when we get to the playoffs we finally get it right. Just let the King carry the rock and the D and ST do their thing.
    Well, we know that Lamarís arm canít carry the team and his legs wonít, soÖ.

Blog Entries

Coaches and players share the blame. Even with the game plan and play calling the game was there to be hadÖif the players executed.

If the Ravens ran the ball they have a better chance to win. If Lamar plays like an MVP they win.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    I agree with that......and probably 40% lays at the feet of Lamar and 10% on Flowers. The defense did their job.........point blank full stop. If anyone had told us that the Chiefs would only score 17 points before the game we would take that 100%.

My position on the running game is not that the Ravens could have had more success running the ball, it's the fact that running the ball or at least trying to establish a running game would help the passing game. The Chiefs figured out the game plan early and as the game went on their confidence on defense grew. Sometime in the 3rd quarter they knew Lamar wasn't going to put the team on his back, they knew the Ravens were going with the same game plan they had in the first half. That's on the coaches.

Lamar should have done what Lamar does best. He should have mixed RPO's in with the passing game.......changed it up and make the defense guess a little bit. The story is that OBJ was begging Jackson to just run the ball. If true he knew what had to be done.
    Lamar should have called more rpos? Is he o coordinator now?

10. Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    Lamar should have called more rpos? Is he o coordinator now?
    no, but he was to have more input on the plays they ran. There also is a time in every great QB's career where they take charge, they put their team on their back and will the team to victory. That's whats lacking in Lamar's game. Do you think the performance in the AFCG was a "typical" Lamar Jackson game?

He shit the bed.......he didn't rise to the occasion. As I said, he bought in to the shitty game plan as much as anyone. They were going to show the world how much of a passer Lamar Jackson was. They doubled down in the second half. It was a train wreck, Monken screwed the pooch and Harbaugh and Jackson bought in to it.

It's impossible to know what goes on the sidelines and what is being said. But it's up to Jackson to be a leader and tell Monken this isn't working.......let me try this, Jackson could go to Harbaugh, go to his position coach. He audible out of a play. We were told he had more freedom to do that. Jackson doesn't have to play coordinator to get a play in. If Jackson audible out of a play and it was successful he could point to it and say......call more of these. Bottom line is Jackson needed to put the team in his back and carry them across the finish line.

The team scored 10 points, totally ineffective that is clear. Jonboy is right, we win that game if Jackson doesn't throw the pick in triple coverage or Flowers doesn't fumble. The fact that we were even that close is a testament to the job the defense did to Mahomes and the Chiefs. They scored 17 point.........isn't like they lit up the scoreboard.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

I think Jim Harbaugh and Roman already snatched Ben Mason as their fullback. I thought I saw they picked him up

Yup:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I still don’t think they win. Just look at the last drive where Mahomes needed first downs he kept picking them up. If he was behind and had 4 downs he doesn’t lose. He does exactly what he did in the superbowl in ot
    that's the concern but it would have been nice to grab a lead and see if they could stop him. they'd been doing it the whole half but it is Mahommes

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!