Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast
Results 313 to 324 of 360
  1. #313

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Todd Monken on the running game in the AFCCG loss to the Chiefs:

    "I'm not trying to justify sh**, I promise you that. In general, we needed to run the ball better. That's a fact. You can't control the game if you can't run the football. And then not execute at a high level when it presents itself. ...

    "We gotta run the ball better. We got to attack them the way we plan to attack them. And, I gotta do a better job. That's the way it is. That's what I'm paid to do, and that is do it against the best when it counts. That's it."

    I respect this statement so much more than the " that's the way the gameplan happened" that we got from Harbs.



    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    It also demolishes that "Lamar audibled out of run plays to prove he could win passing" bs a few on here treat as fact. Coaching simply got away from the run





  2. #314

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    It also demolishes that "Lamar audibled out of run plays to prove he could win passing" bs a few on here treat as fact. Coaching simply got away from the run
    Harbs said in the postgame, a lot of the offense is check with me plays where they go with call depending on how the defense presents. They line up to stop the run, we go with the pass play.





  3. #315

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    My god you guys love to treat quotes like facts. Trust me there isnít a single person who thinks Lamar audibles too much.





  4. #316
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    65,758
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Coach speak.

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  5. #317
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    25,258

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Todd Monken on the running game in the AFCCG loss to the Chiefs:

    "I'm not trying to justify sh**:
    Love him.

    Is that from a presser at OTA? I'll hurry off to watch it.





  6. #318

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Lamar has had bad luck with running backs in playoff season, Leaving out his rookie season...

    2019 - Big Trust gets injured late, and we maybe don't trust the bus
    2020 - All healthy - running back room trending up
    2021 - Running back room is devastated by injuries
    2022 - Running back room is pretty good but Lamar is injured and doesn't play in playoffs
    2023 - We lose Dobbins and Mitchell. Edwards is slow. Hill is slightly improved.

    So, running backs break, but only in 2020 was Lamar in the playoffs with his healthy #1.





  7. #319

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Harbaugh does his work between Gamedays but on Gameday he is just a viewer like us. He doesnt step in and make adjustments. His coordinators run the show on Sundays.

    How in the hell can anyone in this thread blame Monken when you can roll back the clock and find game after game of this same thing happening with every single coordinator dating back to Marc Trestman. (I am referring to other posters blaming Monken)

    The only reason people are blaming monken is short term memory because it has happened through every single OC.

    Does Monken have blame? absolutely but Teflon John Harbaugh is the sole guy calling the shots and it falls 100% at his feet.

    Prior to that game, the same exact thing has been discussed, he just watches the game unfold like us fans, he is literally a spectator on the field.

    Not 1 other NFL head coach would have let that unfold.

    Its exactly why Mike Tomlin and Andy Reid and his players know the Ravens weakness. If you get up on them by just 7 points they go into panic mode and they know how to push their buttons.

    Tomlin and players are coming out publicly and saying it.

    Harbaugh if anything is a creature of habit, I have said this for years and teams clearly know it. They beat themselves





  8. #320
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    25,258

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    only in 2020 was Lamar in the playoffs with his healthy #1.
    But no Ronnie Stanley, and problems at RT.





  9. #321

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    But no Ronnie Stanley, and problems at RT.
    Yeah, and the wind was horrific in Buffalo, and if Dobbins picks up a blitzer, but everyone has injuries. I was focusing on the fact that in the playoffs, Lamar's running backs were sometimes as much of a deficiency as our wide receivers are said to be.





  10. #322
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    65,758
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Lamar has had bad luck with running backs in playoff season, Leaving out his rookie season...

    2019 - Big Trust gets injured late, and we maybe don't trust the bus
    2020 - All healthy - running back room trending up
    2021 - Running back room is devastated by injuries
    2022 - Running back room is pretty good but Lamar is injured and doesn't play in playoffs
    2023 - We lose Dobbins and Mitchell. Edwards is slow. Hill is slightly improved.

    So, running backs break, but only in 2020 was Lamar in the playoffs with his healthy #1.
    that's a great point, Rev

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  11. #323

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Ravens FB Patrick Ricard speaks out on the Ravens run-game in the AFC Championship game:

    "We only ran the ball six times, had a few good runs, and should have stuck to what got us there: running the ball to control the clock. Itís tough to be one-dimensional. I didnít realize how little we ran until after the game. Thatís up to the coaches

    https://x.com/LIVERavenNation/status...CwUaMUCew&s=19


    I wonder if fan favorite Ricard is gonna be called a Liar now.

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker





  12. #324

    Re: How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Ravens FB Patrick Ricard speaks out on the Ravens run-game in the AFC Championship game:

    "We only ran the ball six times, had a few good runs, and should have stuck to what got us there: running the ball to control the clock. Itís tough to be one-dimensional. I didnít realize how little we ran until after the game. Thatís up to the coaches

    https://x.com/LIVERavenNation/status...CwUaMUCew&s=19


    I wonder if fan favorite Ricard is gonna be called a Liar now.

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Why would he, literally every single poster has agreed to this pointÖ even EX agreed we needed to run more.

    The straw man assassin strikes again!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->