Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's VP Pick

Re: Trump's VP Pick

I'd like to see Ben Carson.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    What's wrong with Tucker Carlson?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    First, Tucker Carlson does nothing for the ticket. Heís not bringing anyone out to vote who wasnt.

Second IMO, Tucker is a hack. He is interested in getting clicks and eyeballs. I dont think he has any politicla bonafides. Heck, honestly Iím not sure he believes half of what he spews.

Trump needs someone who will bring out suburban women to vote for him. In that vein he should pick someone like, Sarah Sanders, Nikki Haley, or Kirsti Noem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    First, Tucker Carlson does nothing for the ticket. He’s not bringing anyone out to vote who wasnt.

Second IMO, Tucker is a hack. He is interested in getting clicks and eyeballs. I dont think he has any politicla bonafides. Heck, honestly I’m not sure he believes half of what he spews.

Trump needs someone who will bring out suburban women to vote for him. In that vein he should pick someone like, Sarah Sanders, Nikki Haley, or Kirsti Noem.
    Yes, Nicki Haley would bring in the most votes, but would also be quietly running an inside coup. Trump had that going on in his last Presidency. Just say no to Nicki Haley.

Sad that identity politics is what it is which means qualifications be damned, if he chose an old white guy VP he couldnít get elected. Screw qualifications, diversity is all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Sad that identity politics is what it is which means qualifications be damned, if he chose an old white guy VP he couldn’t get elected. Screw qualifications, diversity is all that matters.

As always with VP picks, its to fill in a void the candidate has. Its why Obama picked Biden itls why Bush picked Cheyney

Though i would also say the three i posted are qualified.

As always with VP picks, its to fill in a void the candidate has. Its why Obama picked Biden itls why Bush picked Cheyney

Though i would also say the three i posted are qualified.
    I didnít intend that qualifications were completely lacking, simply that itís not a contest to find the person that actually fills the role of VP best.
    Trump could not possibly pick Desantis as his VP, even though it could be suggested he is most qualified and would be best at the job.

He has no choice but to pick a woman or someone of color, if not both.

Blog Entries

Sad that identity politics is what it is which means qualifications be damned, if he chose an old white guy VP he couldnít get elected. Screw qualifications, diversity is all that matters.

Yes, but itís not like there arenít quality women or POC candidates.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yes, but itís not like there arenít quality women or POC candidates.

But the point t is, the selection criteria are backwards. One must first limit the pool into women and POC only, THEN pick the candidate from the much smaller pool.
    This is how we end up with Kamala Harris, whose best feature is that she is so unlikeable no one would even consider killing the president.

Blog Entries

But the point t is, the selection criteria are backwards. One must first limit the pool into women and POC only, THEN pick the candidate from the much smaller pool.
    This is how we end up with Kamala Harris, whose best feature is that she is so unlikeable no one would even consider killing the president.

No, you are making it that way. The top criteria of any VP is does that person improve the chances of getting the nominee elected? No Presidential candidate is thinking i need someone who is a good president if i die.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

No, you are making it that way. The top criteria of any VP is does that person improve the chances of getting the nominee elected? No Presidential candidate is thinking i need someone who is a good president if i die.
    But that is how is SHOULD be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    But that is how is SHOULD be.
    Well considering it has not been the case, as long as we have been alive anyway, your perhaps should tilt at another windmill.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Well considering it has not been the case, as long as we have been alive anyway, your perhaps should tilt at another windmill.
    I tend to go after the windmills I think are bad for our world, country, society, and people in general, without regard to the likelihood of success. It took Wilberforce decades in Parliament to get the slavery trade outlawed in Great Britain, and it happened when he was on his death bed.