Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 42

Thread: Trump's VP Pick

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    61,292
    Blog Entries
    4

    Trump's VP Pick

    Who's it going to be?

    There is a lot of speculation right now. I've seen a lot of different names (and VERY different people) thrown into the list.

    Vivek and Tucker Carlson are two names I've heard a lot. Glenn Beck said he told Trump that Vivek should be the pick for VP.

    I've also seen Kari Lake and Elise Stefanik mentioned.

    Tim Scott is also someone who was recently mentioned.

    Then you have a slew of other names....JD Vance, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, Lindsey Graham (gross), Henry McMasters, Ben Carson, and Doug Burgam.

    Kristi Noem is the one name that sticks out to me as a real possibility. However, apparently she was knocking boots with Corey Lewandowski and that's somehow a "scandal"? I dont know...that doesn't seem like something that would bother The Donald all that much (side eye looking at Stormy D...).


    What do you all think?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    6,380
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Who's it going to be?

    There is a lot of speculation right now. I've seen a lot of different names (and VERY different people) thrown into the list.

    Vivek and Tucker Carlson are two names I've heard a lot. Glenn Beck said he told Trump that Vivek should be the pick for VP.

    I've also seen Kari Lake and Elise Stefanik mentioned.

    Tim Scott is also someone who was recently mentioned.

    Then you have a slew of other names....JD Vance, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, Lindsey Graham (gross), Henry McMasters, Ben Carson, and Doug Burgam.

    Kristi Noem is the one name that sticks out to me as a real possibility. However, apparently she was knocking boots with Corey Lewandowski and that's somehow a "scandal"? I dont know...that doesn't seem like something that would bother The Donald all that much (side eye looking at Stormy D...).


    What do you all think?
    Yeah, it seems like a new flavor every week. I've never heard the name Lindsey Graham, nor do I want to. I'd even pick Nicki Haley over him and would never pick either. I recently heard Sarah Huckabee-Sanders does not want it, she loves being Governor. Mixed feelings on Vivek, though I really like the guy. He is smart, maybe too abrasive for some, maybe even more so than Trump. He's much better at explaining history and reasons for policies that Trump can't get across to people. He knows his shit. I don't think Trump could deal with his presence in the same room for long. Trump seemed slightly uncomfortable when introducing him at one of his rallies in NH after Vivek dropped out of the race. Trump wants and has to be the center of attention and may not get along with Vivek after a while, but that's just my opinion. He would be an awesome press secretary or I'd love to see him take Ronna McDaniel's place as chair of the Republican National Committee like right now. I like Tucker, would be a great choice, but does he bring any new outsider votes that Trump doesn't already have locked up? Not sure he would really want it either. Elise Stefanik has been the hot flavor recently. Not sure how I feel about her. Kristi Noem may be my pick. I've always liked her. Another name who would be a great choice is Byron Donalds. You don't hear his name mentioned much. Wicked, I didn't see your girl on your list?





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    61,292
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    I think Vivek having a spot in the cabinet makes a lot of sense. Secretary of Treasury...heading up FDA...something like that would make a lot of sense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    61,292
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Yeah, it seems like a new flavor every week. I've never heard the name Lindsey Graham, nor do I want to. I'd even pick Nicki Haley over him and would never pick either. I recently heard Sarah Huckabee-Sanders does not want it, she loves being Governor. Mixed feelings on Vivek, though I really like the guy. He is smart, maybe too abrasive for some, maybe even more so than Trump. He's much better at explaining history and reasons for policies that Trump can't get across to people. He knows his shit. I don't think Trump could deal with his presence in the same room for long. Trump seemed slightly uncomfortable when introducing him at one of his rallies in NH after Vivek dropped out of the race. Trump wants and has to be the center of attention and may not get along with Vivek after a while, but that's just my opinion. He would be an awesome press secretary or I'd love to see him take Ronna McDaniel's place as chair of the Republican National Committee like right now. I like Tucker, would be a great choice, but does he bring any new outsider votes that Trump doesn't already have locked up? Not sure he would really want it either. Elise Stefanik has been the hot flavor recently. Not sure how I feel about her. Kristi Noem may be my pick. I've always liked her. Another name who would be a great choice is Byron Donalds. You don't hear his name mentioned much. Wicked, I didn't see your girl on your list?
    Tulsi would be fantastic. I've heard there are a lot of folks that would want to see Trump go for Tulsi. Glenn Beck mentioned that he thinks Trump would like to have Tulsi on the ticket with him, but there are concerns from his campaign strategists that Tulsi would hurt him more than help.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    13,646

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Tulsi is a liberal. She's a classic liberal, though, not a loony left nutbag. Her positions on issues like abortion would hurt Trump. She actually would be great heading the FBI. Clean that crap up.





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    61,292
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Tulsi is a liberal. She's a classic liberal, though, not a loony left nutbag. Her positions on issues like abortion would hurt Trump. She actually would be great heading the FBI. Clean that crap up.
    Secretary of Defense?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  7. Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Secretary of Defense?
    Or even State. I could see either. She's too liberal be his VP, I agree. But almost anywhere in his Cabinet, I could see it.





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    13,646

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Secretary of Defense?
    She's excellent on our civil liberties and we need someone like that heading up the FBI, but there are a lot of positions I would think she would be great for, like Defense. I am pro-life so I wouldn't want to see her at State. That position has a lot of influence on our abortion position overseas.





  9. #9

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Tucker Carlson would really energize his base

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

    If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.





  10. #10

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Tucker Carlson would really energize his base

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Tucker Carlson would be a horrendous pick.





  11. #11

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Tucker Carlson would be a horrendous pick.
    What's wrong with Tucker Carlson?

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

    If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    61,292
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trump's VP Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    What's wrong with Tucker Carlson?

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I think some would prefer a VP who has legitimate political bonafides and experience. Tucker is a media pundit.

    That's not necessarily a bad thing, but does "Monday morning QB'ing" political decisions and politicians make someone qualified to be the VP?

    My thought is I'd prefer to see more non-career politicians getting into office (State, local level as well) and start getting some of these establishment bureaucrats out of the way.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->