Page 4 of 295 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: News/rumors 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    What I would do

If you are sure that Williams or Maye is the guy, then take him, if not trade down a few times but make certain you get Harrison Jr and more picks. Shore up the O-line and determine if Fields is the guy for certain in 24.
    how do you guarantee getting Harrison Jr if you trade back a few times?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Severe respiratory illness sounds like covid

RSV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    RSV
    Yes. That's getting around too

Don’t ask Jacks, he still thinks Pats can order a monsoon during games anytime they want, that no one has landed on the noon yet, not sure if he still believes the earth is flat or if he has moved on from that
    Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post

In other news Hookers in Indy will sleep better tonight, local drug dealers in mourning
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Irsay in bad shape

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Fair.
    That's exactly what I'm saying - what do the Bears actually think? And does ownership trust the opinion of the coaches? And should coaches trust the FO to make the right choices? The whole thing seems to lack a clear vision so IMO, drafting a QB high doesn't solve any of it. Better to build out the team when you have the capital to do so and then figure out if it's the coaches or the existing QB that's the problem.

If it turns out to be the coaches, and you draft a QB high, that can set the franchise back by years. If it turns out to be the QB, then it's a much easier fix down the road, especially if the team is loaded and talented everywhere else.

I think in Chicago, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing so it's hard to get a read on WTF is wrong up there. It's convenient and easy to say Fields just ain't the guy...but I don't think it's that simple.
    So your answer is to lose with what you know instead of losing with something new you dont know.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    Pickup a 4th or 5th or whatever to serially trade down. Make the team declare who they want with the pick. You don't need to get much, you need to restock. As soon as you feel like you can't get anything else, you grab Harrison.

Blog Entries

Pickup a 4th or 5th or whatever to serially trade down. Make the team declare who they want with the pick. You don't need to get much, you need to restock. As soon as you feel like you can't get anything else, you grab Harrison.
    How does that work practically? You trade down say 3 spots. You can ask the team you are trading with who they might take (more likely get them to commit to offense or defense), but how are you going to know who the next two team want to take??

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I love that it's actually interesting this year. Last year it was Stroud or Young, Young or Stroud, but that was really the only drama.

At this moment, Chicago could keep the number 1 pick and we would have no idea what they might do -- which means the teams behind them have no idea what they are doing.

I would guess if they keep the #1, it's to take Williams. Otherwise you trade down to Washington or New England -- whichever one wants Williams more.

I don't know what they will do, but if *I* were them, I'd trade the #1 to Washington, let them take Williams, and then draft Maye. And then see if I'd could find a taker for Fields.
    Picking Maye at 1 is a totally reasonable solution as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    How does that work practically? You trade down say 3 spots. You can ask the team you are trading with who they might take (more likely get them to commit to offense or defense), but how are you going to know who the next two team want to take??
    You ask.

If they don't want to tell you to get a deal done, then you pick. Washington wants a QB. See if you can get a 4th to move up with you bluffing you might take their guy.

The Vikings did it, there's no consequences for failing, only way you for sure don't get an extra pick is to not try

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I see what you mean now

I meant trade the first to the second and then the second for the third, etc.... Does that make sense to you now?

Blog Entries

I see what you mean now

I meant trade the first to the second and then the second for the third, etc.... Does that make sense to you now?
    The key is to try to get the extra pick. You don't have to win the JJ points battle, just get more dart throws.

Might not work though, Ozzie refused to tell Dallas who they were going to pick and killed a trade because of it. But you're also going on knowing that the other team really wants a QB likely. They may be OK with it for a relatively small amount of draft capital.