Page 264 of 307 FirstFirst ... 262263264265266 ... LastLast
Results 3,157 to 3,168 of 3673
    Blog Entries

Re: News/rumors 2024

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Don't you mean GM Andrew Berry with the Flacco/Mayfield decisions? I don't think Stefanski has a choice.
    From where I sit, he may not have put up much of a fight. Cashing checks is easy, but doing the right thing is hard. He may truly believe he can win with Watson, but he definitely won with Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    From where I sit, he may not have put up much of a fight. Cashing checks is easy, but doing the right thing is hard. He may truly believe he can win with Watson, but he definitely won with Joe.
    Most coaches and GMs are coaching for their jobs more than they are coaching to win.

Now ideally, those two things go hand-in-hand. But if there is a decision between playing it safe and taking risks, most coaches and GMs have to play it safe. If they take a risk and it blows up, they're gone.

In other words, losing with Deshaun gets you a lot more rope than benching Deshaun and losing with Flacco would.

It's one of the nice things about the Ravens organization. They don't have to follow everything the rest of the league is doing, precisely because guys like Harbs and EDC know that they don't have to worry about being fired if they start a season 1-4.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Don't you mean GM Andrew Berry with the Flacco/Mayfield decisions? I don't think Stefanski has a choice.
    I would agree. I don't even know if it's Andrew Berry, so much as their ownership.

They overspent on a Ferrari and they want to see it race. That ownership is absolutely the type that would fire Stefanski if he refused to play Watson (for any reason).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I don't envy the Dolphins situation with Tua. They are going to have to approach that $55 milly number if they expect to sign him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would agree. I don't even know if it's Andrew Berry, so much as their ownership.

They overspent on a Ferrari and they want to see it race. That ownership is absolutely the type that would fire Stefanski if he refused to play Watson (for any reason).
    He is going to get fired anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't envy the Dolphins situation with Tua. They are going to have to approach that $55 milly number if they expect to sign him.
    I think Jordan Love comes first and Dak wants $60

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    And basically have no choice but to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I donít even think Watson even wants to play football anymore
    Thatís the biggest problem with fully guaranteed contracts and why the NFL is the best sport and the NBA and MLB are fading in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty amazing how quickly Lamar's contract has become a bargain.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It's pretty amazing how quickly Lamar's contract has become a bargain.
    Which I try to remind posters when they show trepidation in paying big money to certain areas.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Itís been hard to follow, but the NFL is currently in court over the Sunday Ticket package. PFT has been the only news outlet really covering it. Iím not even sure whatís at stake. But one of the key points is price fixing, and the league denying the ability for fans to purchase a one team package. I would think the most demanded product would be a one team package for out of town fans. Rather than buying the ability to watch every single game, buy the ability to watch the Ravens full season from elsewhere in the country at a discount.

Berry was told to bring in Watson by ownership. Wasn't his decision