Page 226 of 297 FirstFirst ... 224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,712 of 3561

Re: News/rumors 2024

The company I work for has a Suite in Cap One Arena. I'm more of a Baltimore guy, but I've been going down to DC a LOT over the last couple of years for games, concerts, and other events.

I drive down there, sometimes take the Metro. I've been alone, sometimes with my wife and young kids. And frequented the restaurants before and after events.

I'm not saying DC or any other city is "safe", but I never once felt like I was in danger around the Arena. And I'm a risk-adverse guy.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Looks like the NFLPA is finalizing a revamping of the offseason program which IMHO makes a ton of sense. Get rid of these voluntary OTA's and have a longer on ramping for training camp. Let the players enjoy their off-seasons after getting beat to hell for 17 and soon to be 18 games and just have a longer training camp where players can slowly ramp up into full camp and the season all without breaks. Makes a ton of sense to me...only coaches IMHO would be against it because if they had their way, they'd force the players to be at the facility all offseason.

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1795445022793334866
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Looks like the NFLPA is finalizing a revamping of the offseason program which IMHO makes a ton of sense. Get rid of these voluntary OTA's and have a longer on ramping for training camp. Let the players enjoy their off-seasons after getting beat to hell for 17 and soon to be 18 games and just have a longer training camp where players can slowly ramp up into full camp and the season all without breaks. Makes a ton of sense to me...only coaches IMHO would be against it because if they had their way, they'd force the players to be at the facility all offseason.

all good things - and the league can counter with an 18 game season. done and done

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    No Ja'Marr Chase nor Tee Higgins at the start of the Bengals voluntary OTAs. Both players are seeking new deals.

Blog Entries

Interesting counter

Daniel Jeremiah
    @MoveTheSticks
    This is going to suck for coaches/personnel departments. The break in the NFL calendar married up well with end of school year, which allowed families to have quality time together. Getting your break while school is still in session would be a bummer.

https://x.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1795457912162464162

Blog Entries

So, basically no OTAs, but report for training camp in mid-July instead of the beginning of August?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Interesting counter

Daniel Jeremiah
    @MoveTheSticks
    This is going to suck for coaches/personnel departments. The break in the NFL calendar married up well with end of school year, which allowed families to have quality time together. Getting your break while school is still in session would be a bummer.

https://x.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1795457912162464162
    I understand his concern, but IMHO, this is for the players who get the shit beat out of them for more and more games and then have to deal with sporadic slow paced OTA's and if they don't show to the voluntary ones, many have to deal with nonsense from fans about absences.

Coaches get paid a TON of money to have to deal with this and while the scouts don't, they still have a job that thousands and thousands of people would love to replace them even with the personal stuff of kids in school and such.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, basically no OTAs, but report for training camp in mid-July instead of the beginning of August?
    Not 100 percent sure if this would include the mandatory OTA's but it would for at least the voluntary ones.

Blog Entries

I feel the same way about that as I do the Ravens playing away on Christmas in back to back years or other such similar things. While yes, it may suck, they make enough money to deal with it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    likely because the Congressmen and Women are also being carjacked, robbed, etc., as you see crime reports daily from Capitol Hill area. Under no circumstances should anyone from the 'burbs be in DC at night. It's bad enough walking to my bus stop at 3 pm thru the relatively affluent Navy Yard neighborhood between the Wash Navy Yard and the Nats Stadium.
    Probably true, but I'd guess it is their staff that are victinized.
    If it was elected officials, problem would have been addressed a lot faster IMO
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    No Ja'Marr Chase nor Tee Higgins at the start of the Bengals voluntary OTAs. Both players are seeking new deals.
    Higgins is gone after this year.

These contracts coming up for Cincy are going to be telling IMHO. They are a team that just doesn't give much in terms of multiple years of guarantees which is a main reason why they didn't get any play in UFA for decades. Now that they are getting really good top level guys that should be paid at the top of the market, we'll see if they keep on with this hardline of no gaurantees. They got away with it with a guy like Hendricks (who now has realized he should be paid a lot more in guarantees like others with his numbers around the league, he was a budget signing initially and he's a guy who really blew up and has vastly outplayed the gtd's on his contract) and Logan Wilson (who IMHO got royally fucked in his contract...he should be up there around where Matt Milano is making per year around $14 milly or so...and the Bengals got him at a huge steal at $9 milly with very few guarantees).

They had to do it with Burrow last year...that contract was a huge change from how they typically did business but if they think they are going back to thinking they can railroad a guy like Chase into taking a lesser gtd deal, this is going to be ugly for them in a year or 2. Same thing if they hit on any any of these other up and coming guys they have on their team that will be top of the market guys.

Tanoh Kpassagnon tore his Achilles at some point this off season

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...is-allen-says/