Page 225 of 300 FirstFirst ... 223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 2,689 to 2,700 of 3596
    Blog Entries

Re: News/rumors 2024

Christian Watson went to University of Wisconsin yesterday for some pretty radical testing. Watson has had lots of hamstring problems since he entered the NFL and was looking for anything that might help. They went through 9 hours of tests and actually found something. There is a 20% difference in muscle mass between his right and left leg which creates an imbalance when he runs routes. This leads to the pulls because of the excess stress on one of his legs. Through specific weight training and exercises they can get that to a 6% difference before training camp which is more normal.

I didn't realize this but the NFL has been giving the University of Wisconsin a grant since 2021 to study hamstring injuries. Since Watson is a Packer it made lots of sense for him to go down to Madison and for the University to apply what they've learned on Watson. If this works and Watson stays healthy this year I bet a lot of other players will be getting tested at Wisconsin. Hamstring issues have a been a real problem in the NFL. It would be great to make them less of an issue

Blog Entries

I thought that was common - for one leg to be much strong than the other. Usually the opposite of your dominant hand. If you are right handed, you kick with your right foot which means the left has to sustain your weight and flexibility.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Maybe would do national Harbor…
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Where I'd put my money, but that really ain't DC.
    Neither is Landover . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think Baltimore will be viable until the Harbor redevelopment is done...which may be 5-10 years from now considering how slow construction typically is in the City. It's largely the reason IMHO why they haven't even asked about it yet....regardless of DC or any other local city, Baltimore is not ready to host and won't be until that project is done.

Once it's done, I fully expect Baltimore to request it.
    The Harbor redevelopment isn't going to do anything to fix the underlying problems. And even if it was, they are redeveloping it largely into high-end residential, instead of making it something appealing to everyone.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I thought that was common - for one leg to be much strong than the other. Usually the opposite of your dominant hand. If you are right handed, you kick with your right foot which means the left has to sustain your weight and flexibility.
    I don't know if stronger is the same as muscle mass. I also wonder what Watson was doing to cause such a large discrepancy since they said that 6% was normal. Was it something in his training that caused the difference or was it just genetic and something that Watson had to overcome?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't know if stronger is the same as muscle mass. I also wonder what Watson was doing to cause such a large discrepancy since they said that 6% was normal. Was it something in his training that caused the difference or was it just genetic and something that Watson had to overcome?
    Strength and hypertrophy (muscle mass increase) do overlap somewhat.... But over time they become two completely different things, especially in professional sports.

There are plenty of jacked up bodybuilders who aren't anywhere near as strong as Olympic lifters who are smaller. They are also weaker than your average NFL guard who in many cases, certainly do not look jacked.

My #1 day of the sports calendar isn't the Super Bowl, it's Memorial Day weekend. Monaco, Indy, Charlotte. Also I have ties to the military. That's just me but I wanted to put it out there as a backdrop.

Anyway, one Lamar Jackson stopped by Charlotte Motor Speedway and it turns out he's a Ryan Blaney fan good choice Lamar!

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ce-ryan-blaney

https://x.com/Noah_Lewis1/status/1794846909728960790

Blog Entries

I was at the Monaco Grand Prix a few years ago - what a place. Lots of yachts, unreal vehicles, sheiks, princes...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    My #1 day of the sports calendar isn't the Super Bowl, it's Memorial Day weekend. Monaco, Indy, Charlotte. Also I have ties to the military. That's just me but I wanted to put it out there as a backdrop.

Anyway, one Lamar Jackson stopped by Charlotte Motor Speedway and it turns out he's a Ryan Blaney fan good choice Lamar!

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ce-ryan-blaney

https://x.com/Noah_Lewis1/status/1794846909728960790

Super cool. I get the impression that Lamar is a real sports fan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Honestly, I would say that DC is less safe for civilians than Baltimore. The VAST majority of Baltimore’s violent crime is drug and gang related. If you’re not involved in that then it’s no different from any East Coast city.
    Absolutely. Baltimore's crime has actually come DOWN while DC's continues to rise or stay flat. DC's crime has gotten so bad it's one of the few things that Congress came together in a bipartisan way to try to address - likely because the Congressmen and Women are also being carjacked, robbed, etc., as you see crime reports daily from Capitol Hill area. Under no circumstances should anyone from the 'burbs be in DC at night. It's bad enough walking to my bus stop at 3 pm thru the relatively affluent Navy Yard neighborhood between the Wash Navy Yard and the Nats Stadium.

Detroit has reduced crime by 50%. Baltimore: all violent crime is down 9%. Carjackings are down 12%, commercial robberies are down 11%, aggravated assault is down 13%, arson is down 20% and larceny is down 6%.

DC is a fucking shithole of the highest magnitude. https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...crime-00159702

Times have changed, what was bad isn't necessarily "as bad" anymore.

I have said National Harbor in the past but PG and in particular that area of PG, that's getting just as bad as DC proper at this point. I'm sure the NFL would love to come to that hotbed of MS13 activity...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Absolutely. Baltimore's crime has actually come DOWN while DC's continues to rise or stay flat. DC's crime has gotten so bad it's one of the few things that Congress came together in a bipartisan way to try to address - likely because the Congressmen and Women are also being carjacked, robbed, etc., as you see crime reports daily from Capitol Hill area. Under no circumstances should anyone from the 'burbs be in DC at night. It's bad enough walking to my bus stop at 3 pm thru the relatively affluent Navy Yard neighborhood between the Wash Navy Yard and the Nats Stadium.

Detroit has reduced crime by 50%. Baltimore: all violent crime is down 9%. Carjackings are down 12%, commercial robberies are down 11%, aggravated assault is down 13%, arson is down 20% and larceny is down 6%.

DC is a fucking shithole of the highest magnitude. https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...crime-00159702

Times have changed, what was bad isn't necessarily "as bad" anymore.

I have said National Harbor in the past but PG and in particular that area of PG, that's getting just as bad as DC proper at this point. I'm sure the NFL would love to come to that hotbed of MS13 activity...

I would equate Detroits crime reduction to their loss of population, similar to what you are claiming with Baltimores Crime being down.

Baltimore criminals are also expanding and committing many crimes in other counties like Anne Arundel and Baltimore county now. Anne Arundel's crime has gotten worse and many of the offenders are from the city.

You can go back almost 30 years and PG County and DC has always had high crime numbers.

You have soft on crime politicians to blame for it all. If those repeat offenders were in jail the crime would be quite a lot lower everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I would equate Detroits crime reduction to their loss of population, similar to what you are claiming with Baltimores Crime being down.

Baltimore criminals are also expanding and committing many crimes in other counties like Anne Arundel and Baltimore county now. Anne Arundel's crime has gotten worse and many of the offenders are from the city.

You can go back almost 30 years and PG County and DC has always had high crime numbers.

You have soft on crime politicians to blame for it all. If those repeat offenders were in jail the crime would be quite a lot lower everywhere.
    The crime percentages are down at a significantly higher rate than population loss. And while yes, there are some moving into the surrounding counties, Baltimore county for instance is also seeing a significant drop in violent crime at a higher rate than population loss.

None of that is to say the city is perfectly safe by any means. But this is more than just trying to brush things off as population loss.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.