Page 222 of 297 FirstFirst ... 220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,653 to 2,664 of 3561
  1. #2653

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    So now we have the King. He's getting older but been fairly healthy and durable during playing time.

    We haven't had a RB like him in years and mainly been a RB by committee. Will things change this season.

    I'm hearing that Monken plans on using Henry when we get ahead and late in games. He's suggesting Henry may get 300+ carries.

    If Henry's healthy I think it's highly possible. 17 games x 18 carries/game =306 carries. It makes sense to me.

    The big questions are will we actually let the King carry the ball this much and will this wear him out late in the season.

    I am just curious as to what others think.





  2. #2654
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    25,719

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    So now we have the King. He's getting older but been fairly healthy and durable during playing time.

    We haven't had a RB like him in years and mainly been a RB by committee. Will things change this season.

    I'm hearing that Monken plans on using Henry when we get ahead and late in games. He's suggesting Henry may get 300+ carries.

    If Henry's healthy I think it's highly possible. 17 games x 18 carries/game =306 carries. It makes sense to me.

    The big questions are will we actually let the King carry the ball this much and will this wear him out late in the season.

    I am just curious as to what others think.
    My guess is we'll see about 240 carries from Henry during the regular season, which is a reduction in work load but more than the top carrier last season (Edwards). Lamar's rushing attempts will go down a bit to compensate. The other rushing attempts, especially with Mitchell's injury, will be about the same. We're still looking at 500 total rushes for 2500 yards, give or take.

    If they can get Henry back to 4.4 YPC (2022 average) that would translate to 1056 yards. There should be double digit TDs with that - he's done it six straight seasons.

    Where we're really going to see a difference, I think, is in the playoffs. He's too big a name to be ignored like Gus Edwards was. People will notice.





  3. #2655
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    38,048
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    He's the Jets problem, not ours.
    For that, I am very thankful... Bc





  4. #2656
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    65,907
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Henry is also one of the best receiving threats out of the backfield that they've had in some time... get him the ball in space

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  5. #2657
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    15,404
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    So now we have the King. He's getting older but been fairly healthy and durable during playing time.

    We haven't had a RB like him in years and mainly been a RB by committee. Will things change this season.

    I'm hearing that Monken plans on using Henry when we get ahead and late in games. He's suggesting Henry may get 300+ carries.

    If Henry's healthy I think it's highly possible. 17 games x 18 carries/game =306 carries. It makes sense to me.

    The big questions are will we actually let the King carry the ball this much and will this wear him out late in the season.

    I am just curious as to what others think.
    Even if Henry is 10% better than the run production we had last year, that is valuable minutes that the defense is not on the field. I expect the team to be so much better all around with such a potent weapon.





  6. #2658

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    The saddest part is we won’t see a fully healthy Keaton Mitchell paired with Henry. 2 backs that are exact opposite of each other. Paired with Lamar we might have broken every single season rushing record in nfl history.





  7. #2659
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wayne Manor, Gotham
    Posts
    49,252
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    He's the Jets problem, not ours.
    Thankfully. I'd hate to be in that situation with a 1 year window to win before blowing it up





  8. #2660
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wayne Manor, Gotham
    Posts
    49,252
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Henry is also one of the best receiving threats out of the backfield that they've had in some time... get him the ball in space
    And passing threats. When is the last time a Ravens running back threw 2 touchdown passes in season? Henry is awesome





  9. #2661
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    724

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Even if Henry is 10% better than the run production we had last year, that is valuable minutes that the defense is not on the field. I expect the team to be so much better all around with such a potent weapon.
    I still think had we traded for him last year, wed win the Super Bowl





  10. #2662
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    15,404
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I still think had we traded for him last year, we’d win the Super Bowl
    Of course, the Titans refused. If New England had traded Brady to us, we'd have won dozens of Super Bowls as well.





  11. #2663

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I still think had we traded for him last year, we’d win the Super Bowl
    Titans decision-makers probably thought that too. I imagine they were hoping the Ravens would think that too. Think and believe in it enough to increase their trade offer to something irresistible. The Ravens resisted. The Chiefs moved on.





  12. #2664
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    15,404
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: News/rumors 2024

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Titans decision-makers probably thought that too. I imagine they were hoping the Ravens would think that too. Think and believe in it enough to increase their trade offer to something irresistible. The Ravens resisted. The Chiefs moved on.
    And the fools could have had a 2nd round pick and he walked for nothing. Dumbass organization.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->