Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 343536
Results 421 to 430 of 430
  1. #421

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Barton doesn't have the reach and strength that you would like. Fautanu needs to get stronger, but the reach is there. Barton doesn't have the reach.
    I would argue that Barton's strength is fine. I think his "anchor" needs improving. I wonder if that's what you mean or if we're seeing things differently on film.

    I would also argue that while you're right, Fuatanu has better reach (34.5" arms vs 33"), Barton seems to have better hand placement and can maintain his grip better on his man. My favorite trait from Barton that Fuatanu doesn't have, is that Barton knows how to engage his hips after contact and really roll into defenders and forklift them out of the play. Fuatanu to me doesn't engage his hips after contact. Fuatanu does keep his feet moving, which makes him scrappy and he can certainly stay on defenders and move them decently, But Barton to me is one of, if not the, king of hip power in this draft





  2. #422
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    53,487
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I would argue that Barton's strength is fine. I think his "anchor" needs improving. I wonder if that's what you mean or if we're seeing things differently on film.

    I would also argue that while you're right, Fuatanu has better reach (34.5" arms vs 33"), Barton seems to have better hand placement and can maintain his grip better on his man. My favorite trait from Barton that Fuatanu doesn't have, is that Barton knows how to engage his hips after contact and really roll into defenders and forklift them out of the play. Fuatanu to me doesn't engage his hips after contact. Fuatanu does keep his feet moving, which makes him scrappy and he can certainly stay on defenders and move them decently, But Barton to me is one of, if not the, king of hip power in this draft
    You said it in terms that are more detailed. Lol. I saw what you saw. The hip work is why I have more concerns about Fautanu in pass protection, than Barton. Whereas, with Barton, it's just a strength issue, better described by you probably. Lol
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  3. #423
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    65,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    if you subscribe to the athletic, jeff z gives several options for each round. many being discussed here

    https://theathletic.com/5434384/2024...&userId=571335

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    65,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    You can get the athletic for $1 if interested

    https://x.com/jeffzrebiec/status/178...458334103?s=46

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  5. #425

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You said it in terms that are more detailed. Lol. I saw what you saw. The hip work is why I have more concerns about Fautanu in pass protection, than Barton. Whereas, with Barton, it's just a strength issue, better described by you probably. Lol
    Roger that!

    That's one of the tricky things about scouting. The nuances can be said in a variety of ways. I like how you've been summing guys up. I've been unable to finish up watching the OL guys due to school/work. Which is sad, this is an exciting class. I'll drop my new OT/IOL rankings in a sec, but as far as "reports" go, I'm largely unfinished.





  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    53,487
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    Roger that!

    That's one of the tricky things about scouting. The nuances can be said in a variety of ways. I like how you've been summing guys up. I've been unable to finish up watching the OL guys due to school/work. Which is sad, this is an exciting class. I'll drop my new OT/IOL rankings in a sec, but as far as "reports" go, I'm largely unfinished.
    I'm the fan who didn't play the game, who knows what I'm seeing, but not how to speak the Queen's American Football English as to 'why' I'm seeing it. Lol. If that makes sense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  7. #427
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    65,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    Best-case scenario in the first round

    That the Ravens are on the clock at No. 30 and DeCosta has his choice between one of the better offensive tackles, one of the better cornerbacks and a trade-back scenario that nets Baltimore more picks. Of the offensive linemen, Notre Dame’s Joe Alt, Oregon State’s Taliese Fuaga, Washington’s Troy Fautanu and Penn State’s Olu Fashanu will almost certainly be gone before No. 30. If Alabama’s JC Latham, Georgia’s Amarius Mims or Oklahoma’s Tyler Guyton happened to fall, that would be a nice development for the Ravens.

    As for the cornerbacks, Alabama’s Terrion Arnold and Toledo’s Quinyon Mitchell are expected to go in the first half of the first round, but one or two of Iowa’s Cooper DeJean, Clemson’s Nate Wiggins and Alabama’s Kool-Aid McKinstry should be available. A choice between — let’s say — Mims, DeJean and a trade-back offer that yields an extra Day 2 pick would be a great position for DeCosta to be in.



    Worst-case scenario in the first round

    That the Ravens are on the clock and no players they have a first-round grade on are available and DeCosta’s phone isn’t ringing with trade offers, forcing Baltimore to overdraft a player it views as second-round talent. We don’t know how the Ravens’ board stacks up and how many players they have first-round grades on, but it figures to be considerably less than 30. It’s plausible the Ravens will be out of first-round players by the time they’re on the clock. Their preference then would be to trade back, but DeCosta’s phone has to ring and Baltimore won’t want to move too far into the second round, either.

    Most likely scenario in the first round

    Guyton and/or Mims and Arizona offensive lineman Jordan Morgan will be available to fill the team’s plug-and-play tackle needs, and so will at least one of DeJean, Wiggins or McKinstry at cornerback. There will also be edge rush and wide receiver options. DeCosta will have trade-back opportunities, too, and he’ll weigh how much he loves the top remaining player on his board with how much the Ravens covet more prime draft capital.

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  8. #428
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    65,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    https://theathletic.com/5439665/2024...&userId=571335

    A player the Ravens could trade up for
    It isn’t clear how the Ravens rank the offensive tackle prospects. But if one of the better ones, like Fuaga, Fashanu or Fautanu, is available in the low 20s, DeCosta may have to consider trading up. The Ravens reportedly brought Fautanu in for a pre-draft visit, an interesting move given the expectation that he gets drafted relatively early. They have several needs and only three picks over the first two days, so it seems unlikely they’d be willing to mortgage a ton of draft capital to move up. However, a trade to get into the low 20s that could cost them an extra third- and fourth-round pick might be an acceptable price for a stud offensive tackle.

    Potential teams to watch if Ravens want to trade up
    Miami is drafting at No. 21 and doesn’t have a third- or fourth-round pick. The Dolphins could be interested in moving back and collecting midround draft capital. Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman, whose team is picking at No. 22, is always aggressive in moving around the board. The Dallas Cowboys, picking 24th, are a team to watch, too.

    Potential teams to watch if Ravens trade back
    It’s been widely speculated that the Washington Commanders, who have the fourth (No. 36) and eighth (No. 40) picks in the second round, are interested in trading back into the first and selecting an offensive tackle to pair with the quarterback they’ll take at No. 2. Washington has two seconds and three thirds, so it has plenty of ammunition to move forward.

    Going back to No. 36 or No. 40 would keep the Ravens in the mix for a player they were considering at No. 30, and it would put them in good range for one of the better wide receivers, like Texas’ Adonai Mitchell and Xavier Worthy, Georgia’s Ladd McConkey, Florida State’s Keon Coleman and South Carolina’s Xavier Legette. It would also make sense if the Carolina Panthers, who possess the first (No. 33) and seventh (No. 39) selections of the second round, want to get into the first to select a receiver.

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  9. #429
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    53,487
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    https://theathletic.com/5439665/2024...&userId=571335

    A player the Ravens could trade up for
    It isn’t clear how the Ravens rank the offensive tackle prospects. But if one of the better ones, like Fuaga, Fashanu or Fautanu, is available in the low 20s, DeCosta may have to consider trading up. The Ravens reportedly brought Fautanu in for a pre-draft visit, an interesting move given the expectation that he gets drafted relatively early. They have several needs and only three picks over the first two days, so it seems unlikely they’d be willing to mortgage a ton of draft capital to move up. However, a trade to get into the low 20s that could cost them an extra third- and fourth-round pick might be an acceptable price for a stud offensive tackle.

    Potential teams to watch if Ravens want to trade up
    Miami is drafting at No. 21 and doesn’t have a third- or fourth-round pick. The Dolphins could be interested in moving back and collecting midround draft capital. Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman, whose team is picking at No. 22, is always aggressive in moving around the board. The Dallas Cowboys, picking 24th, are a team to watch, too.

    Potential teams to watch if Ravens trade back
    It’s been widely speculated that the Washington Commanders, who have the fourth (No. 36) and eighth (No. 40) picks in the second round, are interested in trading back into the first and selecting an offensive tackle to pair with the quarterback they’ll take at No. 2. Washington has two seconds and three thirds, so it has plenty of ammunition to move forward.

    Going back to No. 36 or No. 40 would keep the Ravens in the mix for a player they were considering at No. 30, and it would put them in good range for one of the better wide receivers, like Texas’ Adonai Mitchell and Xavier Worthy, Georgia’s Ladd McConkey, Florida State’s Keon Coleman and South Carolina’s Xavier Legette. It would also make sense if the Carolina Panthers, who possess the first (No. 33) and seventh (No. 39) selections of the second round, want to get into the first to select a receiver.
    The bolded is what I said. If someone like Fuaga, who is a legit Top 5 prospect in this draft, falls to 21. You move.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 04-24-2024 at 12:07 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  10. #430

    Re: 2024 Draft Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The bolded it what I said. If someone like Fuaga, who is a legit Top 5 prospect in this draft, falls to 21. You move.
    For Fuaga , I don't need that 2nd or 3rd rounder he's a blue chip tackle.


    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->