Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

This line is middle of pack, the left tackle is not good, really hard to take this team serious for a deep playoff run with this line

Blog Entries

Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

Quote Originally Posted by Nobellythrower View Post
    This line is middle of pack, the left tackle is not good, really hard to take this team serious for a deep playoff run with this line
    You have a point, but it's hard to take your post seriously when the Ravens are 9 - 3, atop the AFC, and resting on a BYE week... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You have a point, but it's hard to take your post seriously when the Ravens are 9 - 3, atop the AFC, and resting on a BYE week... Bc
    Using this logic , lamar can miss a deep throw etc but it won't matter cause theres 9-3?
    Which is why im mentioning the playoffs lucky to have a mobile qb, and I mention the playoffs its make or break, they'll be the main reason why they get bounced when they front seven like the chiefs, or the jags, or the steelers

What team do you think IS worth taking seriously? What team has less holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What team do you think IS worth taking seriously? What team has less holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure teams have flaws, but its not major one like o-line every sb contender has a good line except the ravens, easiest way to get folded in the playoffs

Blog Entries

Using this logic , lamar can miss a deep throw etc but it won't matter cause theres 9-3?
    Which is why im mentioning the playoffs lucky to have a mobile qb, and I mention the playoffs its make or break, they'll be the main reason why they get bounced when they front seven like the chiefs, or the jags, or the steelers
    Hmm, I wonder why so many writers have the Ravens as a Super Bowl favorite? Of course it's only opinion, but it's based on what the team has done and what they perceive is a strong team going forward. Secondly, there is plenty of football before the playoffs are under way. I'll finish with the Chiefs and Jags both have 3 losses and the Steelers have 4 losses, so apparently they must be flawed too... Bc

I think it really depends on the matchups. It has proven that we struggle much more against a team with Elite pass rushers. Not every team has this. You could say that everyone struggles against the elite players, which is true, but I, like the OP, worry that this could be the Achilles heal of this team. Stanley and Moses are both banged up. Mekari doesnt have the length to really battle with the top end pass rushers. Definitely worried. The injury to Stanley may have cost this team a great great amount.

This sounds a bit hyperbolic and overly simplistic. The Ravens OLine has struggled a few games but not every game. There are the #1 rushing team in the NFL...can't get there with a terrible Oline. They've put up 30+ points in 5 games, twice against the #1 defense in the NFL. Ronnie is clearly playing injured and has been a liability the past few weeks. Morgan getting injured and missing time has not helped. The middle of the line has been above average the majority of the season. The bye week could not have come at a better time. Gives both tackles time to heal up. If any shuffling is needed, they extra time can be used to get those wrinkles hashed out.

IMO, failure to execute will be the biggest reason they get bounced regardless of line play. In the games they've lost, that was the culprit. Teams with great defensive fronts will get some stats against them, like they do against most teams, but that won't be the reason they lose a game. If our RBs had executed and picked up their pressure assignments against LA that could have helped greatly.

Blog Entries

Through week 12 the Ravens offensive line is ranked 3rd in the NFL behind only the Eagles and Lions. They are predicting a change at LT going forward. As we saw in our game against the Lions even a great o-line doesn't stop defenses from hitting the QB

3. BALTIMORE RAVENS (NO CHANGE)

Projected starters entering bye:

LT Patrick Mekari
    LG John Simpson
    C Tyler Linderbaum
    RG Kevin Zeitler
    RT Morgan Moses

The Ravens' offensive line had a rough night in pass protection against the Chargers. The unit allowed 13 pressures — including two sacks — on 36 dropbacks and finished just 25th in pass-blocking efficiency rating in Week 12.
    Right guard Kevin Zeitler’s 88.1 pass-blocking grade tied for the best mark among all offensive linemen in Week 12.
    Best player: Tyler Linderbaum

Linderbaum has endured a rough stretch over the past three weeks. His 53.5 pass-blocking grade over that period ranks just 26th out of 37 qualifying centers.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensi...s-week-13-2023

The team is tired and banged up after 12 straight weeks, plus a lot of travel. They were playing much better in September and October. Let's see if Stanley can bounce back; that would make a huge difference by itself. Moses too; I'm sure his shoulder can use some time off.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson is tied for 6th in QB sacks at 29 with Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields. Fields is on a bad team but Hurts may very well go back to the Super Bowl. Every QB is at least in the 20's for sacks and all have only played 11 games whereas Lamar played 12. So 29 really isn't that bad in comparison.

With that said, The Ravens O-Line is ranked #2 on Pro-Football Network behind the Eagles. The Ravens O-Line is solid for sure.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/b...-nfl-rankings/

#3 on PFF: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensi...s-week-13-2023

Blog Entries

We've hashed this in the Stanley thread - not sure if he can get healthy in time for a run. If not, they may need to use Mekari. I'm sure they realize it's an issue because Harbs said as much

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!