Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 80
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    17,209
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    I could see the line being the root cause of a loss but people won't blame it on them. I.e. the defense gives up a lead late in some kind of 13-20 game where the offense sucks because the line is terrible. Story will be "Lamar couldn't get it done again!" or "Ravens defense blew it again!"...you know. Lol.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  2. #14

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Until they're in panic mode, they seem to neglect the OL come draft time. You can never have enough good O linemen and good teams always seem to have enough for emergencies unlike the Ravens. We saw Cleveland come in minus both tackles and the two guys they played pretty much stopped our pass rush most of the day. Imagine us in a situation where Stanley and Mekari were both out. Not good.





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    6,736

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Until they're in panic mode, they seem to neglect the OL come draft time. You can never have enough good O linemen and good teams always seem to have enough for emergencies unlike the Ravens. We saw Cleveland come in minus both tackles and the two guys they played pretty much stopped our pass rush most of the day. Imagine us in a situation where Stanley and Mekari were both out. Not good.

    What??

    This is not an accurate assessment of either the Ravens or any other NFL team. First off, no team can absorb losing both their starting tackles and the offense function as if nothing happened. Second, the Ravens have probably the best 6th man in the league in Mekari.
    Yes, if both Moses and Mekari or Stanley and Mekari go down, there will be big trouble.
    Please point out the imagined NFL teams that can withstand the loss of both their starting LT and his primary backup or the mythical team that doesn't miss a beat when both tackles are either hurt or out. Utter BS.





  4. #16

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Just a note for overall team assessment of O line:

    - we are #1 in the NFL in rushing yards
    - we are #2 in the NFL in YPC (Miami is #1)

    I agree we are allowing way too much pressure on passing plays ....





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    6,736

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Quote Originally Posted by gretzky_scores View Post
    Just a note for overall team assessment of O line:

    - we are #1 in the NFL in rushing yards
    - we are #2 in the NFL in YPC (Miami is #1)

    I agree we are allowing way too much pressure on passing plays ....
    Agreed. And if the team finds themselves down by 3 or 4 scores and they have to resort to passing only, they will be in big trouble. That would also mean that our defense has likely had a really bad game too. Or that the offense has turned the ball over a bunch of times. Or that ST has shit the bed. In all of those scenarios, the focus for some posters will come back to the line not being able to pass protect as the #1 reason.





  6. #18

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Lamar Jackson is tied for 6th in QB sacks at 29 with Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields. Fields is on a bad team but Hurts may very well go back to the Super Bowl. Every QB is at least in the 20's for sacks and all have only played 11 games whereas Lamar played 12. So 29 really isn't that bad in comparison.

    With that said, The Ravens O-Line is ranked #2 on Pro-Football Network behind the Eagles. The Ravens O-Line is solid for sure.

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/b...-nfl-rankings/

    #3 on PFF: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensi...s-week-13-2023
    No way you think this line is remotely close to the eagles, they have lamar so he can make the line look better then it is

    They rank 14th in passing so far, and in the playoffs they will need to pass
    https://twitter.com/ColeJacksonFB/st...32428950135213





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    9,255
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Guys get hurt, but then guys get healthy. If the Ravens can get reasonably healthy, I think they have a great chance to make a deep playoff run.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  8. #20

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    This sounds a bit hyperbolic and overly simplistic. The Ravens OLine has struggled a few games but not every game. There are the #1 rushing team in the NFL...can't get there with a terrible Oline. They've put up 30+ points in 5 games, twice against the #1 defense in the NFL. Ronnie is clearly playing injured and has been a liability the past few weeks. Morgan getting injured and missing time has not helped. The middle of the line has been above average the majority of the season. The bye week could not have come at a better time. Gives both tackles time to heal up. If any shuffling is needed, they extra time can be used to get those wrinkles hashed out.

    IMO, failure to execute will be the biggest reason they get bounced regardless of line play. In the games they've lost, that was the culprit. Teams with great defensive fronts will get some stats against them, like they do against most teams, but that won't be the reason they lose a game. If our RBs had executed and picked up their pressure assignments against LA that could have helped greatly.
    This, nothing much more can be said.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......





  9. #21

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    About 20 teams ( if not more) or so wish they had our OLine. Another thread nit picking........it's like looking at game stats and picking out Zay FLowers and saying........ 5 catches 25 yards LOL Uhhhhhh but he had two TD's. It's nit picking.

    Newsflash: it's hard to win football games in the NFL.......even harder to win on the road.......even harder to win on the road on the west coast. Even harder to win after a 12 game grueling schedule, even harder when your #1 passing option was just lost for the season...........but but but.......but we won.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......





  10. #22

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    About 20 teams ( if not more) or so wish they had our OLine. Another thread nit picking........it's like looking at game stats and picking out Zay FLowers and saying........ 5 catches 25 yards LOL Uhhhhhh but he had two TD's. It's nit picking.

    Newsflash: it's hard to win football games in the NFL.......even harder to win on the road.......even harder to win on the road on the west coast. Even harder to win after a 12 game grueling schedule, even harder when your #1 passing option was just lost for the season...........but but but.......but we won.
    How many of yall watch film? this is a middle of the pack line, which looks better then it is because of a mobile qb, which guess what they still rank 14th in passing, 20 teams is a stretch, its mid, not above average not bad, theres simply no nitpicking it is what it is and that's alright, Lindy is our only good lineman and we have a guard who was cut from the raiders previously start lol





  11. #23

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobellythrower View Post
    No way you think this line is remotely close to the eagles, they have lamar so he can make the line look better then it is

    They rank 14th in passing so far, and in the playoffs they will need to pass
    https://twitter.com/ColeJacksonFB/st...32428950135213
    Interesting argument:
    So having Lamar makes the Ravens O-line "look better than it is"....

    But having Jalen Hurts, the odds-on favorite to win NFL MVP in 2023, DOESN'T make the Eagles O-line "look better than it is"?
    Last edited by MarkS; 11-29-2023 at 06:22 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan





  12. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,921
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

    Playoffs usually come down to can your qb out play the guy on the other sideline. Especially in the afc. There’s no dominant oline in the conference. It’s going to come down can your guy out duel Mahomes. Usually they can’t and it’s why at worst he’s in the afc championship game.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->