Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip

Quote Originally Posted by Nobellythrower View Post
    This line is middle of pack, the left tackle is not good, really hard to take this team serious for a deep playoff run with this line
    You know man both tackles been pretty bad

Stanely got to go.

I’m disappointed in Falele. I thought he would be a good backup to Stanley. The guy is what 6 7 360 lbs i was hoping he would make improvements in his 2nd year. He is proving to be another Ben Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    I’m disappointed in Falele. I thought he would be a good backup to Stanley. The guy is what 6 7 360 lbs i was hoping he would make improvements in his 2nd year. He is proving to be another Ben Cleveland.
    same. He looked so good at times last year. Hope he’s not friends with Cleveland lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nobellythrower View Post
    The Line is going to cost a shot at the chip
    really hard to take this team serious for a deep playoff run with this line
    I pretty much agree with this, ratings be damned. The pass protection is a serious issue. This isn't the O-line of a SB team.

Maybe it could get there if Stanley makes big jumps as his knee feels better/ he trusts it more / etc. Stanley playing near his old level could have a big ripple effect across the whole OL. But I wouldn't expect that; at least not this season.

So maybe this isn't the OL of a SB team. If it's "only" the OL of a team that advances to the Conf Champship Game, that would make for a pretty great season. Fun, exciting. And back in the mix, baby!

• • •

And what the hell, I can't stop thinking: if they could get to the NFL's Final Four, the team has other strengths that could make up the difference depending on matchups. This pass defense is fucking amazing. By themselves that phase could keep the Ravens in most any game. The run game has been incredibly productive & efficient. Lamar mitigates a lot of pass-locking problems by turning chicken shit into chicken salad on a number of plays.

This team can compete with anyone. If they win the division, give Charm City a couple of home playoff games, and slip thru the Divisional round, I'm gonna be proud of them.

Facts (imho LOL):
    We are a top 10 team, almost certainly top 5
    Both our OTs are unreliable at best
    Our O line is very thin; it’s Mekari and Hope
    On our day, we can beat the best. And lose to the worst.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeful_Mourner View Post
    Facts (imho LOL):
    We are a top 10 team, almost certainly top 5
    Both our OTs are unreliable at best
    Our O line is very thin; it’s Mekari and Hope
    On our day, we can beat the best. And lose to the worst.
    Every team in the nfl can beat the best and lose to the worst. See eagles losing to the jets. Dallas losing to Arizona. KC losing to Denver. SF losing to min. Bal losing to Ind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Every team in the nfl can beat the best and lose to the worst. See eagles losing to the jets. Dallas losing to Arizona. KC losing to Denver. SF losing to min. Bal losing to Ind.
    Yep, here's Brian Billick :

" There was never-seen-before footage from inside the locker room after the playoff win in Tennessee. Billick was riled up by the Titans playing a video on their stadium boards before the game, showing him telling his team that the Titans were maybe the best team in the league “but not today” after the Ravens’ regular-season win.”

After Baltimore won in their stadium again, Billick ordered all cameras in the post-game locker room to be turned off. One was lowered so nothing could be seen, but the audio was still running.

“F--- THE TITANS!” Billick yelled, sending the room into an eruption of cheers.

Billick’s confidence and bravado rubbed off on his team. "

... Bc