Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson is the fastest QB in NFL history to 5,000 rushing yards

My eyeballs perhaps erroneously tell me he's lost a step, but

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Lamar Healthy and playing late in the season and playoffs >>>> Trying to be 2019 Lamar.
    This. Even a step slower Jackson is plenty fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    3 weeks ago lol

Lamar Healthy and playing late in the season and playoffs >>>> Trying to be 2019 Lamar.
    Great, now compare 2023 with 2019, and you will see a night and day difference in this category.

Never mind, I just looked, and it’s a clear decline with consistent trajectory downward as one could easily see without rose colored glasses.

2019: 11
    2020: 10
    2021: 5
    2022: 5
    2023: 2

And to be clear, the point stated was that he’s lost a step, not that anyone wants him to run like 2019. I’ve already stated that I like seeing him hit the turf. The point is that he can no longer outrun people to safety on the sideline like he used to.
    Last edited by cbaywolf; 11-28-2023 at 10:31 PM.

3. Re: Lamar Jackson is the fastest QB in NFL history to 5,000 rushing yards

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    82 games
    Running QBs are Best

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    I donít agree. He used to regularly outrun angles on the edge. He doesnít do that any longer. Whether itís age or injuries, he doesnít run like 2019. And I love seeing him hit the turf on the runs up the middle, but he used to outrun guys regularly. He doesnít do that any longer. Heíll never be Joe Flacco on the run, but heís not ever going to be 2019 Lamar again. When was the last time he had a 20+ yard run?
    While he may have slowed it could also be that defenders are being coached to take better angles and keep contain on edges.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    I donít agree. He used to regularly outrun angles on the edge. He doesnít do that any longer. Whether itís age or injuries, he doesnít run like 2019. And I love seeing him hit the turf on the runs up the middle, but he used to outrun guys regularly. He doesnít do that any longer. Heíll never be Joe Flacco on the run, but heís not ever going to be 2019 Lamar again. When was the last time he had a 20+ yard run?
    I don't think he bothers doing it any more. Like you said, he hits the turf and lives to fight another day. I looked up his stats and he's averaging 5.1 yards per carry, which is good for 6th (tied). Interestingly he is number one over all in rush for first down percentage with 32%. McCaffrey is number two in that category with 29%.

There's also the shift in offensive scheme which, thankfully, holds him back somewhat. With Roman you had teams geared up to stop the run which puts larger players on the field, in general. Linebacker or most safties vs Lamar is a Ravens win. Cornerbacks vs Lamar is still a Ravens win, but not as far down field.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock

Don't care. Vick was still more effective as a runner.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Running QBs are Best
    Actually, they are worst.

QB doing 7-30 yards passing in chunks beats QB running in chunks because it keeps the defense on their heels and keeps the WR involved and allows the offense to be dynamic. A QB should only run when necessary or occasionally designed to run play. But to be a "running" QB... It is not a long term winning formula.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    Don't care. Vick was still more effective as a runner.
    Based on what?
    "Chin up, chest out."

QB doing 7-30 yards passing in chunks beats QB running in chunks because it keeps the defense on their heels and keeps the WR involved and allows the offense to be dynamic. A QB should only run when necessary or occasionally designed to run play. But to be a "running" QB... It is not a long term winning formula.
    Donít like math huh?
    QB run is the single best type of play in the recent NfL in terms of EPA/Play.

Lamar rushes had a better EPA/Play specifically, than Mahomes passesÖ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a QB has seven 30 yard passes, it's great for the offense. It opens up the run game also since defenders will key in on the pass. If a QB has seven 30 yard runs, it's great for the offense. It helps the pass game and WRs since defenders will key in on the QB running. If you've been watching the Ravens since Lamar became a starter, you'd see that WRs, TEs, and even RBs benefit a lot from defenders hesitating because of Lamar's running.

The same guys saying running QBs are worse and don't last seem to be the same ones upset that Lamar isnt running anymore lol

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

He lost a step due to putting weight on , but his snf interview made it kinda clear hes holding back which he should