Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lamar Jackson is the fastest QB in NFL history to 5,000 rushing yards

82 games

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson is the fastest QB in NFL history to 5,000 rushing yards

Heís a good running back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He’s a good running back.

I believe the correct wording would be…”Not bad for a running back”.

His reaction and response when told about it….”Cool”.

I’d expect nothing more of a reaction than what we got.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    82 games
    You can already see Lamar has lost a step or two compared to his first couple years in the league. The sooner the Ravens can switch to a more pass oriented offense the better or Lamar is at risk of wearing down prematurely.

The running game is still anchored by Lamar's ability to run the ball as a QB.

@jasrifootball
    It took Cam Newton 129 games to get 5000 career rushing yards

It took Michael Vick 104 games to get 5000 career rushing yards

Lamar Jackson just hit 5000 career rushing yards in his 82nd game.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    You can already see Lamar has lost a step or two compared to his first couple years in the league. The sooner the Ravens can switch to a more pass oriented offense the better or Lamar is at risk of wearing down prematurely.

The running game is still anchored by Lamar's ability to run the ball as a QB.

@jasrifootball
    It took Cam Newton 129 games to get 5000 career rushing yards

It took Michael Vick 104 games to get 5000 career rushing yards

Lamar Jackson just hit 5000 career rushing yards in his 82nd game.
    I don't think he has slowed down at all. Guys with Lamar type speed keep it well into their 40s. Look at Deion Sanders and Daryl Green. He just only runs when necessary which is perfectly fine with me.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I don't think he has slowed down at all. Guys with Lamar type speed keep it well into their 40s. Look at Deion Sanders and Daryl Green. He just only runs when necessary which is perfectly fine with me.
    I donít think heís lost too much straight line speed, but that ability to come to a full stop and change directions on a dime seems to have slowed a little. I donít expect any more ďHE IS HOUDINIĒ type 50 yard touchdown runs anymore, and to be honest thatís totally fine.

Blog Entries

He's being very selective about his runs now and I"m sure they've told him they need a healthy Lamar for playoffs. If he could hit that deep ball even 50% he would be unstoppable. Of course they gotta block for it to develop

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's being very selective about his runs now and I"m sure they've told him they need a healthy Lamar for playoffs. If he could hit that deep ball even 50% he would be unstoppable. Of course they gotta block for it to develop
    Heís also going down super fast to avoid contact. Most of his runs now end in slides or out of bounds. Only very rarely does he ever wait until contact.

Those big plays often came from waiting for impending contact to become Houdini, but the flip side of that is sometimes you donít get the tackler to missÖ

Itís a solid compromise.

He can fake it and keep it and slide down for an 8 yard gain to make for good down and distance situations and move on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I donít think heís lost too much straight line speed, but that ability to come to a full stop and change directions on a dime seems to have slowed a little. I donít expect any more ďHE IS HOUDINIĒ type 50 yard touchdown runs anymore, and to be honest thatís totally fine.

That stop/start he used to do on the sideline was incredible, but it has to put huge stress on the knees. Glad heís not doing it now, especially since heís carrying more weight, but it sure was fun watching guys whiff on what looked like an easy target.

Blog Entries

Looks to me Lamar is making a conscious decision to slide and lay down before taking an unnecessary hit, and confident waiting for the next play whereas before this year he fought for every yard every play as if it was now or never. I see it as maturing and having more confidence in his offense.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I don’t agree. He used to regularly outrun angles on the edge. He doesn’t do that any longer. Whether it’s age or injuries, he doesn’t run like 2019. And I love seeing him hit the turf on the runs up the middle, but he used to outrun guys regularly. He doesn’t do that any longer. He’ll never be Joe Flacco on the run, but he’s not ever going to be 2019 Lamar again. When was the last time he had a 20+ yard run?

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    I donít agree. He used to regularly outrun angles on the edge. He doesnít do that any longer. Whether itís age or injuries, he doesnít run like 2019. And I love seeing him hit the turf on the runs up the middle, but he used to outrun guys regularly. He doesnít do that any longer. Heíll never be Joe Flacco on the run, but heís not ever going to be 2019 Lamar again. When was the last time he had a 20+ yard run?

3 weeks ago lol

Lamar Healthy and playing late in the season and playoffs >>>> Trying to be 2019 Lamar.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.