Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Realistically, how do the Ravens keep Macdonald from leaving for a HC opportunity?

Bring him back after he strikes out with the raiders

Re: Realistically, how do the Ravens keep Macdonald from leaving for a HC opportunity?

Remind him that the owners hiring the coaches will be David Tepper, Mark Davis, the Bidwells.....Dan Snyder (oops, his replacement).....and other guys who run crap organizations. Pay him head coach money & give him the asst HC title. Have EDC tell him about the GM in wait track he had w/Ozzie & that if he wants to compete every year for a title...he's not gonna have many other places like this. Appeal to his logic & reason & competitive nature. Along with his wallet... There's no coaching salary cap from what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    We donít even know if he wants to be a HC. Give it a rest.
    Yeah, maybe I have my head in the sand too...but it's not a forgone conclusion for me that Mike actually WANTS to be a HC anytime soon. Not all coordinators aspire to that role. Also, I would think after growing up in the ravens org and coaching at Michigan, that MM will be able to spot a shitty situation when he sees one. What's the point of taking a HC job if it's for a poorly run team? All that will do is ruin your rep and limit your chances of landing your next job.

But for sure, if MM wants to leave, the Ravens won't hold him back. My guess is that Weaver would be the succession plan. Caution though, if this D-Line keeps playing this way, someone might come calling with a promotion for Weaver to DC.

Agreed. Teams seem to come picking from the Ravens all the time, from the coaching staff to the FO to the players. We've had a solid winning organization for decades.

Weaver is the assistant HC in addition to DL coach so I don't see the team giving that position to Mac. Weaver could move on but hoping he stays.

Mac has been one of the more talked about potential HC candidates. He's done wonders with this D. He'll know when the timing is right. Let's just hope he stays awhile longer.

While we are discussing Mac, there are other coaches that are doing very good jobs. Smith and Wilson have done well with the pass rush and the secondary.

This coaching staff has done a great job so far. The defense is great but this offense is slow to develop. The ST looks less than great.

In the end I would not be surprised to see Mac, Weaver, or some other coaches being poached by other teams.

I'm just hoping we can keep this crew intact for another year or two. GREAT JOB so far.

Blog Entries

couple weeks ago there was circle jerk thread about the defense being soft. Now he's the next head coach. Let a few more games go by...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

6. Re: Realistically, how do the Ravens keep Macdonald from leaving for a HC opportunity?

If and when Mac goes, is Weaver his successor?

https://twitter.com/sgellison/status...580711539?s=19

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

I think they gotta let him go if he wants to go be a HC and replace him with another in-house candidate. It sucks to lose a good coordinator, but it's a great thing for the Ravens' and Harbs' legacy of attracting and developing good players and coaches.

Blog Entries

The only way to prevent a coach from an HC gig is to pay him more than the HC gig and promise the coach the HC job in the future, which only Jerry Jones had done to ill effect.

Goes against the coaching "bro code" to try and prevent Mike Mac from getting a HC gig

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    couple weeks ago there was circle jerk thread about the defense being soft. Now he's the next head coach. Let a few more games go by...
    The next time the D gives up more than 20, they'll want his head on a pike again.

Re: Realistically, how do the Ravens keep Macdonald from leaving from a HC opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    No difference than all the other great DC's that came and gone with the Ravens. Let him go if the opportunity presents itself. Can't hold any coach back
    The big difference between Mac and the other guys is that heís a young innovative mind: heís not another old retread. You keep young guys like Mac long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Biscotti can do the same thing he did with EDC. Pay him like a GM and assure him he is the transition plan.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!