Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819

Re: Realistically, how do the Ravens keep Macdonald from leaving for a HC opportunity?

Ravens win Super Bowl. Harbaugh retires. Macdonald promoted to head coach.

Re: Realistically, how do the Ravens keep Macdonald from leaving for a HC opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The attraction of the Commanders is that it has a wide open roster. They have a huge amount of cap space and you aren't stuck with a bunch of bad contracts. They have the #2 overall pick so they will be able to draft a top QB prospect. The owner has tons of money and has shown with his other sports teams that he's willing to spend it. Washington is very attractive because it's an empty canvas with blank check attached to it. Lots of coaches are going to be targeting that job
    They're going to be getting a shiny new stadium soon too.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

You dont

the NFL doesn’t have a lack of good DCs

Its the good offensive coaches that are hard to come by

This is all IMO, but if he has the opportunity to be a HC he'll take it. When the opportunity to advance to an NFL DC position came up he jumped on it after 1 year of college experience at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaRaven View Post
    Ravens win Super Bowl. Harbaugh retires. Macdonald promoted to head coach.
    Harbaugh isn't retiring if he wins a superbowl. I can guarantee that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Harbaugh isn't retiring if he wins a superbowl. I can guarantee that.
    Soon this post will shift to wishing Mac well, as long as he goes to the NFC. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Soon this post will shift to wishing Mac well, as long as he goes to the NFC. LOL.
    Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Mac decides to stick out one more year. Some of these openings are not desirable IMHO or they will be filled by someone who is a retread.

Blog Entries

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Mac decides to stick out one more year. Some of these openings are not desirable IMHO or they will be filled by someone who is a retread.
    Thatís a fair take Dark, but the flip side is if the D falls off next season will he lose leverage and market value? A bird in the hand so to speakÖ

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Thatís a fair take Dark, but the flip side is if the D falls off next season will he lose leverage and market value? A bird in the hand so to speakÖ
    Honestly I donít think given his track record it would fall too much. Given the talent Iíd assume some teams could see forest through the trees. Regardless Iím sure the ravens will be fine. They have some good coaches in house who could replace Mac.

Blog Entries

Honestly I donít think given his track record it would fall too much. Given the talent Iíd assume some teams could see forest through the trees. Regardless Iím sure the ravens will be fine. They have some good coaches in house who could replace Mac.
    Well, if he leaves letís raise a glass to him leaving with a SB ring!

It all depends if one wants to be a HC in the WORST POSSIBLE WAY and end up in the WORST POSSIBLE SITUATION with bad ownership and infrastructure.
    Never too old for a happy childhood!

Biggest issue I have with either Mac or Monken leaving is that they may poach more of the staff on their way out. Whatever their power point plan is in their interviews, I don't want it to include any existing Ravens coaches.