Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Are the Ravens Having Problems Selling Tickets?

I usually go to 4-5 games a year either with a friend who is a PSL holder or buy my own tickets online. Tailgating in Lot O has been fun and when the crowd is fired up, the stadium atmosphere is truly electric -- no way to get that feeling at home. Even walking 15-20 mins, I haven't felt unsafe around the stadium. I do tend to move with the crowds straight out to my car.

I actually like the SeatGeek app/site for browsing/buying tickets; the fees suck, but they don't appear worse than Ticketmaster. I have bought off of Craigslist successfully a few times, but seems like there's more scammers there than in the past.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Wow. Which stop was it? I would think the Pratt Steet, Camden or M&T stop would all be safe on game day. To many people around.
    They are. Which is why he's either blowing smoke or his friend's brother got off at a different stop than the stadium in which case, his fault. There have always been no less than 2 police officers at the light rail (with additional ones at the gate directly across from the light rail) every single game I've ever been to in the 20 years I've been going.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

My ticket buying journey since 1996:

Phase One: Being able to go to any game and sit anywhere
    Phase Two: Season Ticket Holder
    Phase Three: Only going to 1-2 games but going all out
    Phase Four: Spending the money on 1 killer away game trip

Phase Five (current): I now just go to non-Ravens/Orioles Away games and just enjoy their fan experience (Vegas, GB, Philly. so far)

I wonder how many original season ticket holders from Day 1 still have them after all these years ?

1,000 ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleDongOfTruth View Post
    My ticket buying journey since 1996:

Phase One: Being able to go to any game and sit anywhere
    Phase Two: Season Ticket Holder
    Phase Three: Only going to 1-2 games but going all out
    Phase Four: Spending the money on 1 killer away game trip

Phase Five (current): I now just go to non-Ravens/Orioles Away games and just enjoy their fan experience (Vegas, GB, Philly. so far)
    Sounds like we've had similar journeys with Ravens tickets and PSLs.

But my Phase 3 is 2-3 games a year AND 1 killer road trip combined. The tickets I purchase for the home games are always better than where my PSLs were.

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I wonder how many original season ticket holders from Day 1 still have them after all these years ?

1,000 ?
    I'm one. Technically my brother is another (even though he never goes anymore). If you mean from day 1 at M&T Bank, it's probably closer to 15,000. If you mean from 96 at Memorial Stadium, the number probably closer to your number.

Until this year I had been a PSL holder for 15 years but sold them over the summer. The prices are high and the loss of an entire Sunday between tailgating and the game was getting too much. I have been to 1 game this year. It was so much more exciting and enjoyable because it wasn't a job to have have to attend every game. I do not regret my choice and can't see ever purchasing PSL's again.
    Posting Rate: One post per month Lurking Rate: Twelve times a day

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post

1,000 ?
    My dad is one of them haha

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Not sure when the last game you were at, but Police presence has been on the decline.

My best friends Brother was robbed of his cell phone about two years back at the stadium, so it definitely does happen on game days. He stepped right off the damn light rail and got robbed in broad daylight.
    I've been to all but two games since 1998. Light rail. That explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    Until this year I had been a PSL holder for 15 years but sold them over the summer. The prices are high and the loss of an entire Sunday between tailgating and the game was getting too much. I have been to 1 game this year. It was so much more exciting and enjoyable because it wasn't a job to have have to attend every game. I do not regret my choice and can't see ever purchasing PSL's again.
    That was a huge reason for me too. Actually lost most of Saturday too, shopping, prepping and cooking. Mondays were usually rough too. Got home at 11 or so, quite a few 1 PM games.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    That was a huge reason for me too. Actually lost most of Saturday too, shopping, prepping and cooking. Mondays were usually rough too. Got home at 11 or so, quite a few 1 PM games.
    11PM??? Even accounting for traffic (and post-game snacks and beer at Checkerspot - where I'm tailgating at now), I'm home no later than 6 PM if the game starts at 1 PM.

The key is spreading the shopping, prepping and cooking out over the week. Also coming up with tailgate menus in June/July. That way, you can write out a grocery list for each game, put it on your weekly/bi-weekly grocery list. It also allows you to get non-perishables early and proteins on sale (and freezing them).

For a normal Sunday 1 PM game, I shop on Tuesday - Thursday, start prepping small stuff on Friday and finish prepping on Saturday. I've also got a list of recipes that I've accumulated over the last 25 years. I've whittled a lot of them down because they are too much to prep. I do a lot of stuff in a crock pot. I try to limit my prep time on Saturday to 1 - 3 hours. Sometimes, I have that one recipe that takes a little more but is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I've been to all but two games since 1998. Light rail. That explains it.
    I know a ton of people that routinely go to games and I haven't heard a single one say they felt unsafe or witnessed a crime while on the way to, at or on the way home from a game.

I never will say someone is lying, but I just don't see fear of crime being the reason why people aren't going. Now I do know a couple people who actively are on a "strike" on going into city limits unless absolutely necessary because they are unhappy with the leadership and state of the city including crime. But they aren't scared to go in.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.