Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Are the Ravens Having Problems Selling Tickets?

If we end up hosting a play off game, will we fill up the stadium?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we end up hosting a play off game, will we fill up the stadium?
    Yes thatís not even a question. Itís still 100% for prime time or big games
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

The Thursday Night game against the Bengals was a good indicator... if you put a good product on the field, the people will support. If there's something on the line, the Flock will show up. If we were consistent like current day KC, the PSL waitlist might become a reality again. I'm holding on until stadium renovations before I consider selling my Club level PSLs. I know I won't break even at this point!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I donít get the watching from home thing. I hate watching ravens road games on tv. You donít see much of the game on tv and there is no juice like being in the stands. That being said there are a lot of open seats on the shady side, there really is no value in being a PSL holder. It would be cheaper to buy tickets on the secondary market. Also, although I love being outside, the weather has been bad for several games the last few years. Hopefully they will put a canopy up with the stadium money they are getting.
    I agree about watching live versus watching on TV. I'd rather be in the stands as well.

However, unless you know a PSL holder you can purchase tickets from at face value with no service fee it's way less expensive to own PSLs. Seats cost less as a PSL holder (Compare the season ticket pricing chart by section to single game seats available by the team. I'm not talking broker tickets). Plus you have to factor in the HUGE service fee SeatGeek applies to single game purchases. If you're going to attend at least 5 games or so you're essentially better off buying PSLs even if you just give the other games away. The only disadvantage of being a PSL holder is they make you buy the preseason games. But those prices are significantly marked down. I sound like a Ravens Marketing person. Ha! I'm not. Just an ex-PSL holder for 20+ years and have done the math.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    Yes that’s not even a question. It’s still 100% for prime time or big games
    Really didn't look like it was 100% at the Bengals game. My my perspective it was a number of upper deck empty seats though you couldn't really see them for how the lights are now.

Beyond the stuff that has already been said, the cost is probably a big reason. In 2023 by and large you don't have that group of 20-30 somethings with the expendable income to attend games regularly ready to backfill the old guard. Especially right now with the state of the country
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

First, every other year the Ravens raise my ticket price about 12% and think nothing about it. So that makes it hard to write that check every year. I don't every see that changing even though their TV check gets bigger and bigger!!!
    Having been an original PSL owner I use most of my tickets but I looked at Seatgeek and all the fees and decided to stay away from them and the Ravens who are partners in that ripoff. The games I needed to sell I went out on Facebook and sold my tickets. I charge enough to cover the game price and add a little to pay for the preseason games that I don't try to sell, and I give them to guys who have young kids hoping to get the kids interested into going to the games as they get older.

FWIW, the average home crowd this year is only 722 fans per game less than the last SB season. Granted, that's tickets sold, not necessarily rear ends in the seats.

I hate to say it (former season ticket holder) but I just don't see the value in it anymore.
    I'd honestly rather just hit a tailgate once or twice a year with friend and go watch it at home or at a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    My 75Ē TV, YouTubeís immaculate steaming and some good bourbon on the rocks and takeout wings is just better.., it just isÖ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's crazy is that with TV prices so low, that 75 inch TV probably is cheaper than 2 seats in the lower bowl for one or 2 games total.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I loved going to the games, but I have no regrets about selling my PSL. Food and beer are cheaper at home.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I loved going to the games, but I have no regrets about selling my PSL. Food and beer are cheaper at home.
    Something I noticed and I wonder if the NFL will pick up on is that at away games, they do not show the opposing team's replay when they do something great. I get the home crowd and all, but in today's market, people travel to away games more than ever, which takes away from the experience.

I am not kidding when I say it was an almost 2-1 ratio of Raven fans to Charger fans at that game. If they are selling the game and gambling, they need a more sophisticated way of showing the crowd what is going on, not just home plays.

I am not saying do not do the home crowd pump-up stuff, but there are two teams playing and a lot of fans want to see what happened, not just the 2 second clip of their DB, tackling a Raven after a big play.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Something I noticed and I wonder if the NFL will pick up on is that at away games, they do not show the opposing team's replay when they do something great. I get the home crowd and all, but in today's market, people travel to away games more than ever, which takes away from the experience.

I am not kidding when I say it was an almost 2-1 ratio of Raven fans to Charger fans at that game. If they are selling the game and gambling, they need a more sophisticated way of showing the crowd what is going on, not just home plays.

I am not saying do not do the home crowd pump-up stuff, but there are two teams playing and a lot of fans want to see what happened, not just the 2 second clip of their DB, tackling a Raven after a big play.
    I went back and watched the highlights. It sounded like a Ravens home game.