Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Are the Ravens Having Problems Selling Tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Bat Man, please clear your storage space.
    Done. They have to update this ancient PM system

I donít get the watching from home thing. I hate watching ravens road games on tv. You donít see much of the game on tv and there is no juice like being in the stands. That being said there are a lot of open seats on the shady side, there really is no value in being a PSL holder. It would be cheaper to buy tickets on the secondary market. Also, although I love being outside, the weather has been bad for several games the last few years. Hopefully they will put a canopy up with the stadium money they are getting.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm listening to SiriusXM NFL radio today and there is a commercial for Ravens tickets. They have tickets for the Rams game and beyond. This is a national show. They don't do local commercials and I'm not in the Baltimore area. I'm in the New York media market. The only other team I've ever heard commercials for is the Jets. They have issues every year and advertise tickets in many places. Have the Ravens fallen to that level for attendance? I know this comes up every now and then but this is the first time that I as an out of towner have started to see the cracks. Lamar and the offense just isn't a must see draw and defense hasn't sold tickets in many years. Are the Ravens going to have attendance issues in the near future?
    The show is national but they have a way to do local commercials. You get certain commercials based on the location of the receiver.

Blog Entries

The Ravens problem is tickets already sold, not selling tickets. We have a ticket broker problem and that sometimes leaves seats unoccupied. Solution I think is more actual psl holders and less people buying single game tickets, even if they come to 4-5 games a year. There might need to be conversations about doing away with the whole psl system. I donít know if that would be beneficial that takes much more thought

SeatGeek has kept me from buying tickets this year for sure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I donít get the watching from home thing. I hate watching ravens road games on tv. You donít see much of the game on tv and there is no juice like being in the stands. That being said there are a lot of open seats on the shady side, there really is no value in being a PSL holder. It would be cheaper to buy tickets on the secondary market. Also, although I love being outside, the weather has been bad for several games the last few years. Hopefully they will put a canopy up with the stadium money they are getting.
    I agree I would much rather be at the game and experience the energy of it, as well as be a participant. Fans matter, and we were a big part of that Thursday night. I would actually argue that itís cheaper to pay for tickets with the psl price because after fees, itís absurd what tickets cost. If we do put up a canopy, I hope itís like Seattleís. Im firmly opposed to a dome

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    My 75Ē TV, YouTubeís immaculate steaming and some good bourbon on the rocks and takeout wings is just better.., it just isÖ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And you can have a 75 in tv for every three or four games you go tooÖor some really good bourbon

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    The Ravens problem is tickets already sold, not selling tickets. We have a ticket broker problem and that sometimes leaves seats unoccupied. Solution I think is more actual psl holders and less people buying single game tickets, even if they come to 4-5 games a year. There might need to be conversations about doing away with the whole psl system. I don’t know if that would be beneficial that takes much more thought
    You can't do away with the PSL system, it would make worthless the investment already made.

They should probably encourage splitting PSLs with friends, relatives, or even strangers. One gets the odd games, one the even. That would make the season cost more affordable.

Every time I see a thread like this or the subject matter it makes me feel better and better about selling my PSLs last year. And for a nice profit to boot.
    There are Facebook groups where people are always selling tickets without the service fees.
    In many cases at face value and below face value depending on how close to the game it is.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    SeatGeek has kept me from buying tickets this year for sure
    Yeah those fees ridiculous. I attempted to buy 3 tickets to the Bengals game and calculated around $600 for 3 lower bowl tickets whichvI was ok with. Bybthebtime I got to check I was at almost $900. Needless to say I didn't purchase thise tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Every time I see a thread like this or the subject matter it makes me feel better and better about selling my PSLs last year. And for a nice profit to boot.
    There are Facebook groups where people are always selling tickets without the service fees.
    In many cases at face value and below face value depending on how close to the game it is.
    Former PSL owner. Got my tix when we got the team. Sold the seats/PSL after the Covid year. My father in law, who I had my seats with, died in 2015 and I spent 5 years rotating friends, my kids, my gf & some out of town buddies thru the seats. First game I didn't see live was duirng Covid. Once I started seeing home games from my sofa w/a cocktail that didn't cost 25 bucks & no bathroom line....I got cozy. Going to every game had become a chore, not a joy. As much as I mocked Bruce Cunninghame, the new PA guy's 3rd down call irritates the F outta me. Cost, time commitment, concessions, convenience, bathroom lines & the ability to rewind then catch up to real time during the next commercial.....plus never really finding my "go to" game person after FIL's death....it was time for me to step aside & sell to one of my daugher's buddies. It was a nice long 20 something year run....but I'm happy now. Still go to maybe 2 games/year and sit all over....love the in stadium experience...but....it's far less of commitment & expense now.

Blog Entries

The Ravens have had problems filling the stadium since the last super bowl. a lot of the old guard started to give it up then the kneeling happened and that sped up the exodus, followed by Covid and it's kinda been the perfect storm. The PSL wait list is gone and the PSL resale market is basically nonexistent. The ravens introduced the flex pricing where they charge more for bigger games (Pittsburgh, Cincy, KC) where they know there will be more demand and they can make more money. As others have mention, Seatgeek is horrible, the fees are ridiculous, when I want to list tickets for sale the Ravens app doesn't always work and I'll have to list them from a computer. When I renewed my season tickets for this season I signed up for Pay as we play like I do every season and I just realized today that it somehow didn't go through and I was never signed up. Thankfully it was caught now and I didn't lose my right to buy playoff tickets, because that may have been the last straw for me!