Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Are the Ravens Having Problems Selling Tickets?

I'm listening to SiriusXM NFL radio today and there is a commercial for Ravens tickets. They have tickets for the Rams game and beyond. This is a national show. They don't do local commercials and I'm not in the Baltimore area. I'm in the New York media market. The only other team I've ever heard commercials for is the Jets. They have issues every year and advertise tickets in many places. Have the Ravens fallen to that level for attendance? I know this comes up every now and then but this is the first time that I as an out of towner have started to see the cracks. Lamar and the offense just isn't a must see draw and defense hasn't sold tickets in many years. Are the Ravens going to have attendance issues in the near future?

Re: Are the Ravens Having Problems Selling Tickets?

Yes.

Lower bowl has been pretty full for the most part, but other than the Bengals night game, the upper deck has been scattered. Live sport attendance has been declining around all the major sports as the older guard that actually went outside and valued being around people has given way to this younger generation that just streams everything and doesn't value live sporting events nearly as much as the growing older crowd. Home TV and theater setups along with just crazy prices not for the seats, but for food/drinks has just made home viewing a great experience.

They have been advertising locally with commercials to get tickets on the local stations for the last couple of seasons.

PSL holders are struggling to find anyone to give close to original value for their PSL's on the marketplace.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Considering the Ravens partnered with SeatGeek and SeatGeek charges astronomical fees I wouldnít be surprised if they are having issues selling tickets. If you buy two tickets to a Ravens game youíre really buying 3 after fees.

It looks like there are a lot of resellers with season tickets trying to sell their tickets for individual games. At least that seems to be the case for the Rams game on December 10th.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/baltimo...005E9CE170634C

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yes.

Lower bowl has been pretty full for the most part, but other than the Bengals night game, the upper deck has been scattered. Live sport attendance has been declining around all the major sports as the older guard that actually went outside and valued being around people has given way to this younger generation that just streams everything and doesn't value live sporting events nearly as much as the growing older crowd. Home TV and theater setups along with just crazy prices not for the seats, but for food/drinks has just made home viewing a great experience.

They have been advertising locally with commercials to get tickets on the local stations for the last couple of seasons.

PSL holders are struggling to find anyone to give close to original value for their PSL's on the marketplace.
    Good post......excellent analysis of a complicated situation. The Ravens are full of star power, there's many reason why ticket sales have fell off but star power on the Ravens isn't one of them.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Blog Entries

What's crazy is that I've been trying to get NBA tickets and they're like gold. Knicks, Nets, Sixers, Celtics which are the teams within a reasonable driving distance for me are all secondary market and very expensive. It's a smaller arena but it's also over 40 games a year they have to sell. NBA TV ratings even for the playoffs won't come close to a regular season NFL game but the live experience is very hot right now. At least it is here in the northeast.

I used to see the Ravens every time they played at the Meadowlands against the Jets or Giants but that stadium is terrible unless you have very expensive tickets. It's so steep everyone looks like ants and you are watching the big screens most of the game. It's a terrible stadium especially compared to the one it replaced where every seat was good. Foxborough is also such a nightmare to drive to and leave that it's just not somewhere I want to go to watch a game anymore. M&T is significantly better than both. It's sad that they can't seem to attract the fans and it sounds like it's going to get a lot worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm listening to SiriusXM NFL radio today and there is a commercial for Ravens tickets. They have tickets for the Rams game and beyond. This is a national show. They don't do local commercials and I'm not in the Baltimore area. I'm in the New York media market. The only other team I've ever heard commercials for is the Jets. They have issues every year and advertise tickets in many places. Have the Ravens fallen to that level for attendance? I know this comes up every now and then but this is the first time that I as an out of towner have started to see the cracks. Lamar and the offense just isn't a must see draw and defense hasn't sold tickets in many years. Are the Ravens going to have attendance issues in the near future?
    Bat Man, please clear your storage space.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Ravens are selling upper deck PSL's for $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yes.

I havenít been to a game in years, and Iím not sure that will ever change again.

I wouldnít accept upper deck tickets for free. Iíd much rather watch on TV. Club and Lower level game day experience is marginally better than my living room, but not enough to spend $500 or more on a pair of decent seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I havenít been to a game in years, and Iím not sure that will ever change again.

I wouldnít accept upper deck tickets for free. Iíd much rather watch on TV. Club and Lower level game day experience is marginally better than my living room, but not enough to spend $500 or more on a pair of decent seats.

Thatís kind of where I am. I went to a lot of games over the years, but donít really care to do that anymore. The home experience is just too good.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Thatís kind of where I am. I went to a lot of games over the years, but donít really care to do that anymore. The home experience is just too good.
    My 75Ē TV, YouTubeís immaculate steaming and some good bourbon on the rocks and takeout wings is just better.., it just isÖ.

I rather watch at home on my big screen tv and the comforts of my home. I only go because my brothers ask and it have to be in September and October. My old bones canít handle the cold anymore. But donít be surprised if all games become PPV