Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Justin Tucker On the decline? looks to be

Just look at Adam Vinatieri's career stats. He's certainly a phenomenal kicker, he played for plenty of championship and championship caliber teams, he has some signature moments, and even he had some random years scattered across his career where he was missing kicks and had percentages in the 70's. He still would have bounce back years and do just fine. It wasn't until he was in his 20+ years of league play that you saw consistent decline

Whether he's in the decline or not, it's annoying to see all the posts about the Falcons kicker being more accurate with a fraction of JT's attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPurple View Post
    Whether he's in the decline or not, it's annoying to see all the posts about the Falcons kicker being more accurate with a fraction of JT's attempts.
    Younghoe Koo only has 160 field goal attempts compared to Tucker's 427 career attempts. Koo has already missed on more extra point attempts (137/144) than Tucker (448/454) for his career. Plus Koo plays more than half his games in a dome under ideal weather conditions.

Tucker set the record kicking in the AFC North where the weather is always a factor it only makes his accomplishments more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Younghoe Koo only has 160 field goal attempts compared to Tucker's 427 career attempts. Koo has already missed on more extra point attempts (137/144) than Tucker (448/454) for his career. Plus Koo plays more than half his games in a dome under ideal weather conditions.

Tucker set the record kicking in the AFC North where the weather is always a factor it only makes his accomplishments more impressive.
    Not to mention, I don't have stats to back it up, but I'm guessing Tucker has been asked to make many more difficult kicks than Koo. Has Koo even attempted a 66 yarder? How many over 60 has he attempted? Let alone a 58-yarder in the wind, where the Ravens confidently trot Tuck out. How many other teams send their kicker out for things like that?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Not to mention, I don't have stats to back it up, but I'm guessing Tucker has been asked to make many more difficult kicks than Koo. Has Koo even attempted a 66 yarder? How many over 60 has he attempted? Let alone a 58-yarder in the wind, where the Ravens confidently trot Tuck out. How many other teams send their kicker out for things like that?
    For sure. Also combine that with harbaugh has been on the go for it on fourth and short longer than anyone, that also decreases the amount of easy kicks tucker has made.

Blog Entries

The reality of being a mortal. Father Time cometh for everyone and he’s breathing down Tucker’s neck ever so gently.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    The Saints game. Weirdest miss ever by any kicker. Wind was something else that day.
    What I remember when watching live, and what the video supports, is how weird it was to see that much of a swerve when the pennants on the top of the goalposts werre not moving much as the ball went by them. One of the pennants even looked like it was hanging straight down. I know there were windy gusts that day, but in the moment it looked more like a clear slice that the wind may have accentuated once the slice started, much like some of my golf shots. Did not look to me like wind was the primary factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    The reality of being a mortal. Father Time cometh for everyone and he’s breathing down Tucker’s neck ever so gently.
    Maybe VERY gently. Morten Anderson kicked til he was 47, Stover til he was 41, etc. I'd say Tucker keeps himself in really good shape at 34, so I doubt any of the performance dropoff this year is age-related. Much more likely having a new holder and scrambling for a long-snapper has thrown off the operation a bit.

And the one he missed last week was the only one that you expect him to make in his sleep. All the others were 50+. We've gotten used to him making those, but he is human.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Tucker just missed the 1st extra point of his career this year.
    Tuck missed an XP in 2018, at home against the Saints, that would have tied the game with 24 seconds left.
    He missed one in 2020, in the "Paul Pierce game" in Cleveland.
    And he missed one in 2022 in New England, with 3 mins left in the game and the Ravens up by 11.

10. Re: Justin Tucker On the decline? looks to be

Tucker has never declined in FG% for three consecutive seasons. This year looks like it'll be two in a row, If he rebounds next year like he has previously, then maybe this is just a blip on the radar. If he falls lower next year or is still hovering in the low 80's then we may have real reason to worry.

Looked ��